Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there still room for Kelly Bryant on this football team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,320

Is there still room for Kelly Bryant on this football team?

Sep 23, 2018, 9:21 PM

I answer that question with a resounding, "yes". Yes, there is room for Kelly Bryant on this football team. Kelly Bryant does extremely well with a short field. Meaning, RED ZONE. His stats in the RED ZONE are on point. He's accurate and has a quick release on short throws, and he provides that dual threat with his running game that we all need. I'd say we could use him still in RED ZONE situations and game clock management situations. He knows how to boogey when it's required, and he can burn the clock when needed. There's no doubt that he's an excellent game manager.

Kelly Bryant is not a bad quarterback. In fact, he's fairly accurate and has won many games for Clemson. The scary part is that Kelly Bryant is still better than at least 70% of the other collegiate level quarter backs in the nation. The simple fact of the matter is that Trevor Lawrence over the course of 5 games including the Spring Game has proven himself to be the better quarterback. It almost seems as if the offense is a whole new offense when Trevor Lawrence is under center. Trevor Lawrence has also shown that he can tuck and run when he's forced out of the pocket. He's also shown that he can throw laser bullets on the move with accuracy as well. The other scary part, Trevor Lawrence hasn't even reached his ceiling yet, which I think he may reach in his Junior Year at Clemson.

Kelly Bryant is also another QB that has to follow a play by design playing style. Trevor Lawrence can receive a play call, and do something totally different because the play broke down and he has to find a way to keep the chains moving. Kelly Bryant can only run the ball and more often than not he hesitates in the pocket and the pocket collapses on him causing a loss of down and loss of yards. Trevor will run east to west and find an open receiver. There's the difference. It's the speed in which he executes his read options and check downs. His arm strenght, quick release, and accuracy are a force of nature.

Judging by what I've seen thus far, I think we could play Trevor Lawrence for the whole first half and then play Kelly Bryant the entire second half. By doing so, we should be ahead by a minium of 28 points by half time against any opponent that remains on our schedule. If Kelly Bryant blows a 28 point lead then he should ride the bench to be honest. However, this allows for our defense to remain fresh because we're no longer getting mulitple back to back three and out drives. That will wear down any defense I do not care what team it is. In all, I still think that there's a use for Kelly Bryant, but I do not think he should be the starter.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

We'll need both to beat a potential rematch with Bammer***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: We'll need both to beat a potential rematch with Bammer***

Sep 23, 2018, 9:27 PM

Agreed

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: We'll need both to beat a potential rematch with Bammer***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to We'll need both to beat a potential rematch with Bammer*** ]

And Bama will prepare for KB too.
When he comes in, their all-world LBs will come up to stop the run.
Hopefully our OL will be ready by then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well let them prepare for two QB'S

Sep 23, 2018, 10:46 PM

I normally would say a 2 QB rotation equals no real QB. I think the situation with this team, this year, is different. Both bring different things for a defense to prepare for. Hopefully if we do play Bama it's not in the first round where Ole Nicky has a month to prepare

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Well let them prepare for two QB'S

Sep 23, 2018, 10:51 PM

Yep, it's not a 'controversy'. It's a controversy when you have two QBs and neither can get the job done, so you don't know who to start.

Re: Is there still room for Kelly Bryant on this football team?

Sep 23, 2018, 9:34 PM

I was really rooting for Kelly this year just bc he’s a winner and very high character guy, but after yesterday, it’s clear TL just takes the offense to another level, it spreads everything out therefore opens up everything. Still a need for Bryant on this team but TL needs to run out there first to play ahead and KB can finish them off. we can still run him out there for some situational stuff and I feel he would play a lot of garbage time bc TL will shred most of the Ds we play

Sep 23, 2018, 9:38 PM

And who knows TL may have a bad day and need Bryant to save the day. I don’t know what would’ve happened vs A&M but Bryant provided a spark that we needed in the 3rd and there may be more opportunities like that, who knows. gotta keep them both ready I see it as a good thing to have 2 proven guys... Go Tigers!

Yes

Sep 23, 2018, 9:48 PM

Maybe he can punt...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncalled for

Sep 23, 2018, 10:19 PM

Really

Sep 23, 2018, 10:20 PM

Haha, no. Just stop. You're likely realizing that thinking kelly Bryant was better than lawrence was wrong. And not just wrong, but dead wrong. Now you're trying to consolidate.

The fact that we are trying to figure out what to do with Bryant is all the proof you need.

Trevor Lawrence is a better QB (meaning arm, what QBs are for) on every single play. Not outside the red zone. Not inside. Every play. Get on board. Some butthurt is gonna flow. That's fine championships matter more.

100% corrrect & ...

Sep 24, 2018, 6:01 AM

Brice needs reps-in the event (God forbid) TL is sidelined during the playoffs. The O-line is not good enough to rely heavily on the run game against a playoff team(Bama,UGA) Opposing defenses don't fear our ability to throw downfield & our WR corps made of 4 & 5 * difference makers are not a factor.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:36 PM

Look I like Kelly. And I do think he improved during the off seasons. However in no part of the field would I take Trevor out to put Kelly in barring an injury. Kelly is solid but he is also the second best in the team. At the same time we need him to stay in case Trevor gets hurt. So I say continue playing both for the time being.

What makes you think Dabo wants a 28 point lead at halftime?

Sep 24, 2018, 6:21 AM

Imo, that's counter to his goal of keeping the players in a pressure cooker so that each of them will feel the urgency of doing their job or being the one to screw up, let their teammates down and be a major contributor to a team loss.

It is for that exact reason I believe that KB will continue to get plenty of appearances on the field. I'm satisfied Dabo love to torture me. BUT, I'm still holding hope we're first to complete a 15 win season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 6:24 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,320
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic