Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there a chance we might blow out Bama ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Is there a chance we might blow out Bama ?

Dec 22, 2017, 10:46 AM

By like 30? Or zero chance? And i don't mean because of turnovers. This is a hard game to read because of bamas lack of solid competition. Thwy played one good team and lost handily.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Dec 22, 2017, 10:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will be up 21-10 at the half...

Dec 22, 2017, 10:49 AM

We will win 31-24, but 7 of Alabama's points will be cheap points, scored in the last few seconds of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That is a reasonable prognostication.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:52 AM

I speled prognostication right the first time. That's a first time for me speling a five sylibal wurd corecctly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proud, yes, mightily proud of my good buddy,

Dec 22, 2017, 11:13 AM

ole 88, for his spelling prowess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is a reasonable prognostication.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to That is a reasonable prognostication. ]

I'm realy impresed by your speling. :)

Re: That is a reasonable prognostication.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to That is a reasonable prognostication. ]

But you had to mess it up and misspell "wright"!!!

Oh well - great try and impressive on the 5 syllable wurd!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WTH. Prognostication appears well researched. +1***

Dec 22, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to We will be up 21-10 at the half... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but watch out for being down 0-14 quickly to start the game.

Dec 22, 2017, 12:46 PM [ in reply to We will be up 21-10 at the half... ]

no way we could come back against Alabama with a deficit like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am calling 38-21*****

Dec 22, 2017, 10:50 AM

That is possible according to how our play calling goes.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:50 AM

I suspect Nick will bring everything he has to try and keep the game close. I'm not sure if Bama has enough to do it. You can look for all types of trick plays including the 'kitchen sink,' special.

I might lay Bama and ten points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly. They could also blow out Clemson. Be careful !***

Dec 22, 2017, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possibly. They could also blow out Clemson. Be careful !***

Dec 22, 2017, 11:40 AM

If their D gets some turnovers and they can run the ball constantly they could blow us out. I don't think they can stop our O from the D I have seen them put out and if we shut down their Backs and keep Hurts in the pocket it will be a long day for their O. Just have to keep them from catching some deep balls.

It’s more than 50% .... but Alabama D could show up

Dec 22, 2017, 10:56 AM

I sure hope they do....How amazing would it be to see Hunter Johnson get some PT in the playoff ????

Re: It’s more than 50% .... but Alabama D could show up

Dec 22, 2017, 10:57 AM

“They” are CLEMSON.

Re: Is there a chance we might blow out Bama ?

Dec 22, 2017, 10:59 AM

There is no way with our poor coaching and all, also bc Kelly B sucks. Trying to act like a 13 year old tnetter

Dec 22, 2017, 10:59 AM

There is no way with our poor coaching and all, also bc Kelly B sucks. Trying to act like a 13 year old tnetter

Dec 22, 2017, 11:00 AM

I think a "blow out" of Bama is in the 14 point range. They are too talented and too well coached to get smoked by 30+. I look for a score similar to when they lost to Auburn. 26-14...28-17..something along those lines..

Come on Jan 1st.. SPOT THE BALL!!!!!

There's a chance for just about everything

Dec 22, 2017, 11:04 AM

Beating Bama by 30? I give it about a .01% chance. Saban's worst loss ever at Bama is 14 points. Beating them by 15 would be something that nobody else has ever done in 145 tries. Beating them by 30?

Re: There's a chance for just about everything

Dec 22, 2017, 12:00 PM

Good call. Do you think Dabo goes for 2 if we are up by 13 on a late TD? Would be interesting to see the call and the reaction. I would say he kicks the ExPt.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a chance for just about everything

Dec 22, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to There's a chance for just about everything ]

I can see a 17 point win. But agree with the 30+ points statement. Hasn’t ever happened. But Urban had only been blown out once I believe when we played them last year so, who knows.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst loss ever, not more than 14 points?

Dec 22, 2017, 3:35 PM [ in reply to There's a chance for just about everything ]

Really? I admittedly haven't done any research, but right off the top that doesn't sound right?

Yes but there's a chance they could blow us out as well.***

Dec 22, 2017, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 11:23 AM

Make no mistake, this isn't the same old "Bulletproof Bama Boys" anymore. Nope. Time hasn't been kind to the Tide. This will be a big-time Bama beat-down. It will end like a sling-blade slaughter story.

On January 1st, the sun will rise from the east and our Tigers will set out to slay the big bad Bama beast. As the sun sets in the west, our Tigers will end their quest as the best of the best.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:47 AM

You're a poet and don't know it!

Dec 22, 2017, 1:24 PM

A poet you say? To that I say no way. Perhaps a lumbering lyrical lumberjack swinging a sweet sounding stick.

Clemson will leave the crimson crown cracked. It will be a joyful feeling. Like lipstick on the dipstick.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:26 AM

Idk about blowout, Bama and Saban is still a team you can't take for granted...especially after a full month to game plan. But I still fill if we put up 20+ pts its a win. Worse case scenario for a blowout I can is maybe around 31-13.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:31 AM

Very little chance of that, but if it happens it'll be because Wilkins, Lawrence, Ferrell, and Bryant completely dominated the LOS like in the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:48 AM

I don't see a blowout. Both teams are too good. But I do see a Tiger victory. :)

Dec 22, 2017, 12:28 PM

Dont hold your breath, Its going to be a shootout

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed.

Dec 22, 2017, 12:33 PM

It will be a comfortable win.Doubt if you will, but I and a few fellow Tigers carry the banner for all of us. :)

GO TIGERS!!!BEAT BAMA!!!LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!!

Dec 22, 2017, 12:35 PM

CU by 17 38-21

Zero chance. It will be a rage-war.***

Dec 22, 2017, 12:49 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm amazed at how many people are ok

Dec 22, 2017, 1:03 PM

With the loss at Syracuse. Granted, it's over and done now but the sunshine pumpers are out. I dont get that. How is losing to Syracuse ever Ok?

I wonder if NC STATE and FSU is studying that game? Oh lord....

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Possible: Yes. Likely: Could be.

Dec 22, 2017, 1:15 PM

Agree the game is hard to read due to the lack of good teams Bama has played. The two ranked teams they played were on the road, and they almost lost one and did lose the other.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Dec 22, 2017, 1:17 PM

Their defense is too good and they don’t turn the ball over. I hope we do, but I don’t see it.

I could see it being similar to the Miami game.

Dec 22, 2017, 1:32 PM

Wouldn't surprise me. The Miami game definitely did surprise me with the ease of which we disposed of the Turnover Chains, and if we can carry that momentum and gameplanning into the Sugar Bowl, then a waxing could be in play.

Bama will be all juiced up though, and I mean that literally. Doctor Scottie (S&C coach at Bama) ripped up the play fair rule book a long time ago.

Re: I could see it being similar to the Miami game.

Dec 22, 2017, 3:27 PM

Your crazy, miami almost lost to a 2-8 North Carolina team, how in the world is Miami anyway close to Alabama.

Sorry to burst your bubble, willy

Dec 22, 2017, 4:40 PM

But nowhere did I say Miami and Alabama are the same.

You seem a little nervous. You nervous?

Re: Sorry to burst your bubble, willy

Dec 22, 2017, 4:03 PM

Yes, because our defense matches up very well.

Dec 22, 2017, 1:33 PM

But they can blow us out for the same reason. Turnovers would be the catalyst either way.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so

Dec 22, 2017, 1:37 PM

There's always a chance anything can happen, but I don't see it. If we win by a lot I see "a lot" being maybe 10 - 14 points. My guess is that it's going to probably be one of those nail biters where the last team with the ball wins.

Alabama has one of the best coaching staffs in football, comparable athletes at most positions and is going to come into this game well prepared. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a smackdown a la Ohio State last year, but I think with the recent history of this matchup and what they bring to the table the reality is it's going to be a tough out.

Iv'e been thinking something like 27-13

Apr 23, 2014, 9:44 AM

that's a good enough blowout for me, though I wouldn't mind another late TD for a 34-13.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iv'e been thinking something like 27-13

Dec 22, 2017, 4:36 PM

In my book, it only takes one tire to have a blowout! One point is enough, but I hope we jump on them early this time and never look back and win by more that 8. I want it to be at least a two score win so I can relax!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 4:45 PM

Everyone keeps talking about Alabama having the “hunger for revenge” and how they’ve been “disrespected”...

I’d rather refute that by reminding everyone that they haven’t played an FBS-level opponent in over 50 days. Rust is inevitable, especially coming off a loss WEEKS ago to a team that we beat. I hope we crush them.

Utah and oklahoma

Dec 22, 2017, 5:15 PM

Destroyed sabans teams in recent sugar bowls

Dec 22, 2017, 5:18 PM

I think we’ll win a close game.

It will be like Ohio State last year

Dec 22, 2017, 5:22 PM

They will be lucky to get a field goal.

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic