Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the hype for this NCG less than previous years?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is the hype for this NCG less than previous years?

Jan 11, 2021, 10:30 AM

Or am I just not seeing as much since Clemson isn't in it? I don't watch a lot of ESPN in general, other than games (no SportsCenter, etc), and if I didn't know the NCG was tonight, I might forget that it was! Does anyone else feel like it's not being hyped as much or is it just me?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all support the Nave Catthews Gand....

Jan 11, 2021, 10:33 AM

jeez...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Huh? I don't get it.***

Jan 11, 2021, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Visit the Lounge...

Jan 11, 2021, 12:02 PM

Won't take long to corrupt you...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Not me. Really just terrible all the way around. Ants

Jan 11, 2021, 12:06 PM [ in reply to We all support the Nave Catthews Gand.... ]

Marching was just overplayed crap. I gave up after that.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't paid much attention since Clemson isn't involved.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:37 AM

But, it does seem less hyped.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I haven't paid much attention since Clemson isn't involved.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:41 AM

I told my wife that lady week...maybe it is because Clemson is not in the final so they have not been promoting the fame as much in our area....but last night was the first I saw even a mention of the game.

I don’t watch espn and haven’t seen a mention.***

Jan 11, 2021, 10:40 AM

Re: Is the hype for this NCG less than previous years?

Jan 11, 2021, 10:44 AM

Yes. Less fans at the venue. ESPN doesn't seem to be doing all the coverage onsite from different locations the way they did last year in NOLA for Clemson/LSU with all the fans around the city.

I had these same thoughts as you

Jan 11, 2021, 11:12 AM

It seems like the media guys like to have our team in the mix regardless of the opponent. That says a lot about Clemson and how they really belong in championship talk, I don’t see things changing very much. I bet our team will be a top four in next years pre season polls. Even with the loss of the two offensive stars.

Re: Is the hype for this NCG less than previous years?

Jan 11, 2021, 11:28 AM

Agree it does seem that way. Hard to get too pumped for empty stadiums.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you aren't watching the channel that would have it

Jan 11, 2021, 12:19 PM

and are confused as to why you aren't seeing any hype?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, you aren't watching the channel that would have it

Jan 11, 2021, 1:17 PM

I'm on ESPN.com every day, and see a lot there on the NCAAF page, but not a lot on the home page. I'm on SI.com and same kind of thing. I watch ABC and other games on ESPN but don't see much hype during the other games or other shows. I do watch ESPN, but not their non-game programming. That's why I was asking if I was just missing it.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic