Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the ACC Network treading water?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Is the ACC Network treading water?

Oct 28, 2019, 11:27 AM

There is no way the channel is making money only selling advertising space to infomercials. Laser tag? ####### pillow no one wants? I just don't see how the channel is going to last unless the ACC is fine with taking a monetary loss. Hopefully they make most of their revenue during basketball season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the ACC Network treading water?

Oct 28, 2019, 11:30 AM

They are waiting for basketball season.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:31 AM

obviously you're watching it.

chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy chevy***

Oct 28, 2019, 11:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

What are you talking about?

Oct 28, 2019, 11:33 AM

I just loaded it up and saw a Bojangles, Toyota and a commercial for some movie just in one break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 11:37 AM

Calm down this is the first year. Sec has had 5 years to figure itself out. You’ll have to give it some time before ACC network evolved enough to suit the viewers tastes and interests.

I do wish we had some more trash talking on the network, but you have to have fans in order to get that, and I just feel like the majority of ACC fans don’t care.

The timing is really bad as well. ACC network came on line when only one football program was decent. Clemson is keeping them afloat currently. We are in serious need of at least 2 more elite teams right now, it will generate more fan interest, phone calls, watchers and the national media will start paying more attention before late November.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:37 AM

Give it a little time. They haven't even had a chance to take on e$ECpn yet.

They are getting money from a lot of TV providers.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:39 AM

Advertising revenue is only a small part of their revenue. And by the looks of it, they are filling their air time. That's great at this point.

This is in contrast to games I've watched on WatchESPN, where all of the ad slots aren't filled and it just has the ESPN logo with music playing to fill the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That's not unsold ESPN inventory you're seeing

Oct 28, 2019, 12:29 PM

We (networks like ESPN, or iHeartMedia where I work) don't cover local or regional commercial time.

The ESPN logo you're seeing during a break is because of the 22 minutes of commercials in a single hour, some of that commercial time is local or regional content. It's the spot where only those local commercials would air. You obviously won't see those on the Network/National feed. So they go to a slate (the espn logo you see) during the time that's allocated for local and regional commercials. And if you're watching online or through a streaming service like Hulu, YouTube, XBox, etc, you won't see local ads... only the espn slate. Only cable companies run the loca/regional ads. Not streaming services. But that too is coming soon.... so the slate will go away a that time.

Also, until ratings come in, ACCN will continue to run PI (per inquiry) ads. Those cheap "as seen on TV" type ads.

HTH

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: That's not unsold ESPN inventory you're seeing

Oct 28, 2019, 1:24 PM

Thanks for the explanation. Can you have them switch up the music? By 5 games into the season I want to shove an ice pick down my ear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's not unsold ESPN inventory you're seeing

Oct 28, 2019, 2:07 PM

ecsguru® said:

Thanks for the explanation. Can you have them switch up the music? By 5 games into the season I want to shove an ice pick down my ear.

^^ This ^^
When flipping through non-Clemson games, I avoid games that have that music loop playing. I wish they would at least change up the music, or heck, infomercials would be better. Just show live feeds of the game with no audio, crowd, players in the huddle, or anything.

I agree... it's very annoying!

Oct 28, 2019, 3:05 PM

what we do in radio is cover it with songs. and not the SAME song over and over.

The network is holding the quality commercials...

Oct 28, 2019, 11:40 AM

for basketball season.

When Duke and/or UNCheat are playing you'll see plenty of commercials for national brands like Vagisil, Tampax, Summers Eve, Fleet and Preparation H

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The network is holding the quality commercials...

Oct 28, 2019, 11:47 AM

Is the ACC paid according to viewers and advertising or is the profit or loss on ESPN?

ESPN is entirely too controlling...

Oct 28, 2019, 11:55 AM

to leave that in the hands of someone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oh come on

Oct 28, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to The network is holding the quality commercials... ]

I am sure they will at least throw some Franzia and Tillamook commercials in with those too.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:47 AM

Honestly this season, outside of Clemson, it must be very tough to have a narrative to chase in the ACC this time of year

The commercial space Saturday night was pretty bad

Oct 28, 2019, 11:53 AM

Best football team in the ACC is playing and it looked like I was watching commercials that should be on the hallmark channel at 4AM.

Let me answer this as a Broadcaster....

Oct 28, 2019, 11:53 AM

Here at iHeartRadio, we have a free service WITH commercials, and a paid subscriptions w/o commercials. The paid channels help us provide the free service. Same thing in Broadcast TV. Since ESPN owns ACCN, they can use the $$ from the parent company to get the new Network off the ground.

Until the first few rating periods are completed, they take what they can get. All ad sale are based on ratings, so until they get some, we'll likely see a heavy dose of these PI spots (Per Inquiry.)

I agree the redundancy of them is annoying, but I'd expect that to change over time.

Re: Let me answer this as a Broadcaster....

Oct 28, 2019, 12:19 PM

Thanks for answering and is what I thought.

I haven't seen any water polo matches or synchronized

Oct 28, 2019, 12:46 PM

swimming on the ACCN yet, so I can't comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 28, 2019, 1:48 PM

Thanks to the ACC Network I know car repairs are expensive and everyone needs car repair coverage.

It's a really bad time for an upstart TV network. Especially sports.

Oct 28, 2019, 1:48 PM

People are cord cutting at a rapid rate. Most under 30 have never paid for cable. You can go on platforms like sportssurge.net. and watch every single game for free.

A lot under 30 still live at home and have their parents

Oct 28, 2019, 3:57 PM

pay for cable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, in the vaunted noon timeslot that we were told last

Oct 28, 2019, 2:28 PM

year was the second best slot for "national exposure" the ACCN has been running field hockey matches...Tells you all you need to know

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic