Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is she saying that Covid is just an election year farce?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Is she saying that Covid is just an election year farce?

Sep 13, 2020, 2:54 PM

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/09/10/los_angeles_county_health_director_not_realistic_to_re-open_schools_until_after_the_election.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz

Sep 13, 2020, 5:04 PM

When they tell the truth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone saying Covid isn't political is

Sep 14, 2020, 7:51 AM

just lying to themselves. The fact that states run by Dems are shut down while states run by Repubs are opening says it all.

The school secretary even said, while we were talking about when classes would be back in the classroom, "we'll have to wait till November when the school board re-evaluates."

Sure seems like most people are looking at Nov 4th as the finish line for Covid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Anyone saying Covid isn't political is

Sep 14, 2020, 8:28 AM

That isn't a very fair assessment. No state is currently locked down, some have areas that are more restrictive than others based on the guidelines of the state or local authorities. Texas is just as "locked down" as California. Florida is just coming off rolling back some of their openings, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama all paused reopening plans due to surges. All red states or in the case of Florida, run by pubs.

The only political thing about the virus is accidental in that rural areas have an advantage over urban due to how any infectious disease works. With that in mind, of course those areas are going to respond differently. They would be stupid not to do so.

Re: Is she saying that Covid is just an election year farce?

Sep 14, 2020, 11:45 AM

Playing devil's advocate, she might have just been thinking bout a November date and the fact that many schools serve as voting places...and that just going with status quo will take considerably less effort and expense.

OTOH - she could be a POS political hack.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic