Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Charlotte was more fun to visit than y'all let on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

So Charlotte was more fun to visit than y'all let on

Dec 7, 2017, 4:51 PM

The guy who's place my girlfriend and I stayed at was a NC State grad who'd gone to medical school at UNC, and we actually never saw him the whole time we were there. Pretty sweet set-up, and it saved us money on a hotel. Despite his allegiances, he still texted us "Go Tigers" before the game.

Anyway, we went straight from the airport to his place in Dilworth and unpacked, then headed over to Draught to tailgate before my derelict (but nice enough to sell me her two extra, lower bowl tickets for face value) friend got out of bed to meet us. I was kind of shocked at how cheap the Uber rides were all over town- I think it was $8 from the airport to the Air BnB. We actually randomly ran into the guy who'd given us a tour of the Capitol the week before in DC who was a recent Clemson grad. Later on, I ran into a guy I studied abroad with in Russia while I was at Clemson, and also ran into a couple I knew from the Chicago Clemson Club. Just before the game, we went and hung out on my friend's boyfriend's rooftop that actually had a view into the stadium.

The next day, we got up and had brunch at Tupelo Honey after 300 East told us their wait was over an hour. Then we randomly decided to rent a car and drive down to Clemson, because I wanted to show the girlfriend what God's country looked like. Pretty amazing how much construction has gone on there since the last time I was there in 2014. We did sneak into the west-endzone athletic building and wander around for a while trying to figure out how to go up into the Oculus. Then we went into the stadium and ran down the hill a couple times before the alarm on the rock went off. Security never showed, so I'm not sure what good the alarm is doing. Finished up the evening with dinner at the Blue Heron.

On Monday, we had some BBQ at Mac's Speed Shop, then a couple beers at Hyde Brewing/The Suffolk Punch. After that, we drove over to NoDa, walked around a little and then went to Heist Brewery's taproom. Dropped the rental car off, then walked around downtown Charlotte for a while before heading off to the airport.

I think the GF was pretty impressed with Charlotte, although she could've just been biased because it was 30 degrees warmer than in Chicago.

Some pics attached, for your time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is exactly what I thought that

Dec 7, 2017, 4:55 PM

camcgee would look like

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not the best picture of me...

Dec 7, 2017, 4:58 PM

but I'm not surprised you couldn't keep your eyes off me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had no idea you were in the picture

Dec 7, 2017, 5:05 PM

but yeah, looks like a lot of fun

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so much this***

Dec 8, 2017, 8:55 AM

He the one on the left?***

Dec 7, 2017, 5:22 PM [ in reply to That is exactly what I thought that ]

I had no idea he'd look like OT's brother.

Dec 8, 2017, 8:29 AM [ in reply to That is exactly what I thought that ]

I figured he'd look like

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Told you it was a bad picture

Dec 8, 2017, 12:35 PM

Sorry, OT.

Is it true

Dec 7, 2017, 5:05 PM

about fire in the hoohaa?

Axing for a freen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My redhead radar says

Dec 7, 2017, 6:49 PM

YES!

Trust me on this one.

MauldinT, where are you???

Is it also true they are f'ing crazy?

Dec 8, 2017, 8:30 AM

(I mean moreso than any other woman). Every red head I've ever met was bat chit insane. Like cut off your ear at 3 am insane.

Yes

Dec 8, 2017, 10:11 AM

Yes, I know because I have one.

I don't think Charlotte will be near as fun this Saturday

Dec 7, 2017, 5:07 PM

when I get dragged all over town Christmas shopping with Mrs. Tig.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohdoobie in Huntsville, Texas this Saturday...

Dec 7, 2017, 5:09 PM

for Kennesaw at Sam Houston.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First of all,

Dec 7, 2017, 6:52 PM

marry that girl.

Secondly, Charlotte is awesome! I hadn't been in a while. We had a blast, and will be going back soon. Giving serious consideration to going to the Belk Bowl just for the h#ll of it.

Third, Mac's is pretty d#mn good. Went there for the first time on Sunday and enjoyed. Pretty good eye candy too. One of the waitresses was an older blonde and was smokin'.

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Crulez please tell Red she’s fired.......Cam we’re gonna

Dec 7, 2017, 7:23 PM

need some noodz pronto (of her).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spunky looking red-head.***

Dec 7, 2017, 8:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot- we also went to Pinky's down Morehead from BOA

Dec 7, 2017, 9:56 PM

Thought that place was pretty good, too.

See? We curbed your expectations so you were able to accept

Dec 7, 2017, 10:55 PM

so much less.

you went down more head?

Dec 8, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Forgot- we also went to Pinky's down Morehead from BOA ]

guess you weren't the ONLY one having fun...

Sounds like a fun trip. Can you expound on

Dec 8, 2017, 7:51 AM

Red giner pigs ASAP? Dilly dilly.

Sounds like a perfect weekend

Dec 8, 2017, 8:05 AM

but is that a flip phone in your pocket?

Good eye***

Dec 8, 2017, 12:32 PM

Why the baggy pants?***

Dec 8, 2017, 8:24 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does the sun not shine in Chicago?***

Dec 8, 2017, 8:25 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, those are the only insults I could come up with on the

Dec 8, 2017, 8:26 AM

spot. I am a little disappointed in myself. Glad you had a good time, CLT is up and coming, we just take it for granted cause it is SOOO close.

Charlotte could be SO much better.

Dec 8, 2017, 10:25 AM

They've effectively run nearly every decent independent live music venue out of existence, and for that, I will blast them unapologetically. Sure, they've embraced a thriving brewery scene but that's more about money than culture at this point. The traditional conservative banker mentality is still the driving force there, as is the case in Rock Hill.

Let's Tom Winkopp every square inch of available real estate, culture be dammed.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I kinda picked up on that***

Dec 8, 2017, 12:32 PM

If you look close, you can almost see what time it is

Dec 8, 2017, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Why the baggy pants?*** ]

on his phone in he left front pocket

Cliff's notes:

Dec 8, 2017, 8:38 AM

"Hey guys, weirdest thing happened....I had free lodging, drank a lot, and was banging a 20-something redhead all weekend----I had fun. Go figure, you guys are wrong about Charlotte."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.***

Dec 8, 2017, 9:40 AM

Is that your phone

Dec 8, 2017, 8:47 AM

or are you just happy to see me?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

1, 2 on the first pig

Dec 8, 2017, 12:46 PM

I'm not into beards.

Not into that little extra tickle?***

Dec 8, 2017, 1:53 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic