Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it possible?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 731

Is it possible?

Sep 7, 2014, 1:42 PM

I've spent the morning showing my appreciation for Cole and the coaches' approach to the QB position and one thing I've noticed is several folks have commented on how quickly Watson get's down the field and scores... I know I may be grasping here but one complaint I've had with Morris' system is how quickly the offense is off the field. When we are disrupted it is 3 and out in a hurry but even when we score we are like lightening being unleashed. The quick score is fun to watch but we seem to lose to ball control teams. Is it possible that our play calling and game planning is being sculpted somewhat with this in mind? Is it possible that Deshawn is being groomed/used as a quick strike change up threat while plays are being called for Cole that lead to more of a methodical ball control clock manager? One of the biggest thing that I think has hurt us in big games of late I think was Taj's gun slinger approach and our inability at times to simply impose our will by consistently taking what we given to us while simply moving the chains. Is it possible that the coaches are trying to develop both quarterbacks while at the same time developing different aspects of the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if that were the case, Watson would have come in when we

Sep 7, 2014, 1:47 PM

needed quick scores in the Georgia game. When Cole was repeatedly going 3 and out. The only conspiracy theory that can bring some hope is the idea that Morris knows Watson is the secret weapon and wants to limit game film of him to FSU prior to our game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: if that were the case, Watson would have come in when we

Sep 7, 2014, 1:55 PM

Possibly but if the coaches are admittedly being somewhat conservative and playing it safe then wouldn't that include the choice to keep the veteran QB who has earned your trust in the game?... Not saying it's right or wrong just that it seems to fit what we are seeing and hearing. We are all basing our opinions on the little action we've seen in games and what the coaches/media feed us but at the end of the day I hope that the coaches are making much more educated decisions. I would love to think our coaches are looking to be more capable of long multiplay drives instead of the feast or famine we have demonstrated in our losses of late even if that meant a few stalls against SCSU in experimentation.

Probably just wishful thinking on my behalf though.

The offense is designed to move fast and therefor score fast

Sep 7, 2014, 4:08 PM

if we are moving the ball.

The fact Watson executes it isn't a Watson issue (if this is an issue at all which is another debate) it is a system issue.

We can talk offensive philosophy in another thread.

Replies: 3
| visibility 731
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic