Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Tre Lamar still hurt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Is Tre Lamar still hurt

Jan 2, 2018, 8:49 AM

Did not see him in the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Announcers said he was 100%...

Jan 2, 2018, 8:53 AM

said coaches thought Davis had earned the start. Don't know how much, if any, that Tre played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Davis? You mean that legacy recruit Dabo wasted a

Jan 2, 2018, 8:57 AM

scholarship on? And now Dabo is wasting a starting spot on him just because of who his dad is? No wonder we got our brains beat in last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

yes...

Jan 2, 2018, 8:59 AM

and for the record he wasted two scholarships cuz dey twins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the sarcasm and agree the Davis boys

Jan 2, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Davis? You mean that legacy recruit Dabo wasted a ]

have earned their scholarships, but we definitely missed Tre in a big way. And, no, he wasn't able to go or he would have played plenty last night. JD may have started, but Tre would have taken over if he were healthy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I don't really think we missed Tre in a big way

Jan 2, 2018, 9:04 AM

Our defense did a great job IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don't really think we missed Tre in a big way

Jan 2, 2018, 9:10 AM

They had too much success running the ball. I do think having Tre would have forced them into more passing situations. As it was, they passed when they wanted to, not when they had to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many points did Bama score when our

Jan 2, 2018, 9:13 AM

offense didn't hand them great field position?

How many times did they run for 6 yards

Jan 2, 2018, 9:19 AM

on 3rd and 2? We can do this all day. I agree the D was dealt a bad hand and played well enough. The subject was Tre's health. You seem to be arguing he didn't play because he wasn't needed. That's just BS. He would have played plenty and made a difference if he could have gone.

I'm not saying he wasn't needed

Jan 2, 2018, 9:26 AM

And maybe he would've made a difference. But the reality is, all Bama needed to beat us was that pick 6 and an extra point. Unless Tre could've come in and dominated on the OL, we weren't winning that game.

Re: I'm not saying he wasn't needed

Jan 2, 2018, 9:31 AM

Fair enough. With Tre, though, the O might have gotten a few more opportunities had the D been able to stop them on 3rd-and-short.

Whether the O would have done anything with those opportunities is definitely debatable.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't really think we missed Tre in a big way ]

Bama only had 120yds passing and 141(3.4ypc)yds on the ground. The defense played pretty lights out.

Short field n turnovers can beat you with the best defense in the world. Our offense consistently put the defenses back against the wall. The pick 6 and other int led directly to 14 points. Take those away and game is still 10-6.

Could we at least try to stay on subject?

Jan 2, 2018, 9:25 AM

Tre didn't play because he was hurt still. That is obvious.

The defense did an admirable job especially given the field position they had to work with all night. We did miss Tre, however. He would have played if he could have been effective. Period.

Why has this thread turned into an argument about the D in general?

GWPCoot tries to turn every thread into a conversation about

Jan 2, 2018, 9:29 AM

the D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Could we at least try to stay on subject?

Jan 2, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Could we at least try to stay on subject? ]

Then why did they let him dress and stand on the sidelines, and the announcers make it a point to say he was good to go and play?

The defense did play well last night, the only phase of the game that really did.

Shout out to Alex Spence though, made his two field goals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't really think we missed Tre in a big way ]

They only had 140 yards rushing. They AVERAGE OVER 200!! In the 1st half Davis had a TFL and 6 tackles. He was active & effective.

They also only had 120 yrs passing. They only scored 10pts on true drives. 1 pick 6 and a short drive td after the sack/INT.

If Tre could block on OL then yea he should be the starter at RT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could have used Tre, but the D did step up.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to I don't really think we missed Tre in a big way ]

Our weakness was the middle though where we needed Tre.

Don't try and talk logic with some of these folks.

Jan 2, 2018, 8:40 PM

Tre would have helped. Maybe they only get FGs on their 2 offensive TD drives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably true

Jan 2, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to I get the sarcasm and agree the Davis boys ]

I was just going by what the commentators said

Re: probably true

Jan 2, 2018, 9:13 AM

I heard that comment and assumed we'd see a lot of Tre. When Skalski played instead, I knew Tre had to be hurt still. No knock on JD or JS, but Tre is pure beast when healthy.

Re: Davis? You mean that legacy recruit Dabo wasted a

Jan 2, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Davis? You mean that legacy recruit Dabo wasted a ]

Not implying that Tre Lamar was not missed but JD Davis had 8 tackles, 7 solos, tied with Christian Wilkins and ended the game with the 2nd most tackles on the team. He isn’t the reason we lost. We handed them 14 points on turnovers. And the offensive gameplan & execution were horrendous. The offensive line was horrendous in the trenches. We missed Tre for sure but don’t blame JD Davis. If anything, blame Tanner Muse for missing his read on that touchdown and the refs missing the blocking downfield penalty on the other. It is what it is. We got our ##### kicked.

Sounds like there is more to this story than we are being

Jan 2, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Announcers said he was 100%... ]

told. Tre Lamar had been a monster for us this year, a superstar in the making. He gets injured, has 6 weeks to recover, and we are told he's 100%, ready to go. Then he doesn't get in for a single play, yet Chad Smith, who played behind Lamar all year, plays quite a bit. Does not add up. Somebody either told a flat-out lie, or was purposefully misleading, or was given bad information, or badly misunderstood what they were told, or there is something else going on that is being kept quiet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Who knows who Tessatore got his info from?

Jan 2, 2018, 9:36 AM

I wouldn't think it was much of a conspiracy. But he clearly wasn't ready to go, or he would have played.

Re: Sounds like there is more to this story than we are being

Jan 2, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Sounds like there is more to this story than we are being ]

I'm no Dr. but I don't think a stinger stays with you for 6 weeks. I hope there is no nerve issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right - but why mislead with the "He's 100%" stuff? It's

Jan 2, 2018, 12:32 PM

not like Lamar playing (or not) changes anything Alabama does.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Sounds like there is more to this story than we are being

Jan 2, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Sounds like there is more to this story than we are being ]

Maybe a false flag operation, bait and switch? ............ I think he dressed for show, like waving an empty gun at someone, just giving Saban as little information as possible!

His injury has been weird all the way around

Jan 2, 2018, 7:21 PM

If he’s indeed 100% then he is the better option. Just weird.

This morning,Mickey said that

Jan 2, 2018, 7:28 PM

were rumblings of nerve damage. Maybe gonna take longer to heal.

Re: This morning,Mickey said that

Jan 2, 2018, 8:32 PM

> were rumblings of nerve damage. Maybe gonna take
> longer to heal.

This is exactly what I thought about last night. There’s been some strange silence about Tre’s status. His presence only on the sideline was one of the big mysteries from last (besides our complete loss of offense of course).

Yeah but he'll be ok next week when we play UGA.***

Jan 2, 2018, 8:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic