Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Spurrier losing control?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Is Spurrier losing control?

Oct 7, 2013, 9:56 AM

This isn't an "I hate Spurrier" rant, but rather an objective question.
It seems almost implausible that his temper, control issues, and narcissism would allow him to lose control, but there are indications. Spurrier has always ran clean programs - at Duke and Florida, at least. But at USC, we've seen lack of judgement on part of player and coaches alike the past few years (Garcia, ass't coaches' on/off field behavior, the dorm issue, Clowney, etc), and apparent lack of accountability. Is he becoming Urban Meyer - winning games, but becoming disjointed from the team so far as discipline and control? Is there anarchy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already lost a while back***

Oct 7, 2013, 9:58 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no........as long as he's winning he has control***

Oct 7, 2013, 10:08 AM

Clean program at Florida?..............

Oct 7, 2013, 10:11 AM

I'm not sure what you define as a clean program, but I'll bet his players were arrested more than anyone else that I can think of including Urban Meyer. There is actually a history of this floating aroound which I'm sure some Tigernetter can provide. I'm just going by memory from his time down here in Gainesville. If you're talking about NCAA violations....then that's a different story.

Depends,

Oct 7, 2013, 10:13 AM

will help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Spurrier losing control?

Oct 7, 2013, 10:13 AM

I used to think his program was not out of control anymore than most programs. The way he and his coaching staff have handled having a guy like Clowney is terrible though.

Dabo and staff put Spurrier to shame when it comes to holding players accountable. It hasn't led to wins against them for quite sometime, but I think it will.

Lost it during the summer, Coots(like liberals) tried to

Oct 7, 2013, 10:15 AM

SHIOUT DOWN the opposition. The truth always creeps out.

He long ago lost control....

Oct 7, 2013, 10:19 AM

what we are seeing now is a dumpster fire in progress. Enjoy......

Oct 7, 2013, 10:20 AM

Spurrier has always been aloof with players. A guy who coached with me played DB at UF said during morning workouts Spurrier would walk in wearing headphones and do treadmill and bike. Would never speak to a soul. Take a shower then go to his office. Zook on the other hand, would be waiting by the weight room door greeting players and coaches as they arrived and would even do reps with players. Said he loved Zook, didn't dislike Spurrier though...said you always knew Ole ball coach had your and the teams back. I don't think he is any more or any less connected to players at USC than he was at Duke or Florida. His crappy attitude is a result of having an axe to grind with the Gators and the fact that people now think Saban is the best coach in the SEC other than him. Agree that as a whole Spurrier does not cheat and hates cheating. Nevertheless I wouldn't want my son to play for him with some of the other options that are out there today.

You Are Assuming Spurrier

Oct 7, 2013, 10:40 AM

had interest in having control in the first place. History says otherwise.

Oct 7, 2013, 11:24 AM

You've got a pretty slack definition of a "clean" program if you think what Spurrier did at Florida is "clean".

'Course, I bet the media has most of that whitewashed,or anything and everything is somehow Myers's fault (I guess he has a time machine).

Pretty hard to hide kids Dwight Edge, though.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic