Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Jeff Scott helping coach in the natty?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,572

Is Jeff Scott helping coach in the natty?

Jan 1, 2020, 9:12 AM

Seems like I saw him on the sidelines coaching in the semi-final game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Jeff Scott helping coach in the natty?

Jan 1, 2020, 9:21 AM

Yup. He is.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:31 AM

Outstanding. Thanks for the info.

I hope not.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:46 AM

Nothing against him personally, but it just isn't aligned with the "all in" philosophy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope not.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:23 PM

Accepting a promotion for an opportunity to become a head coach doesn't mean Jeff isn't All-In. He's given everything he has to Clemson football for many many years and has earned the right to finish out this season if that's what he wants to do. Most coaches wouldn't stick around to help their old team once they accepted a head coaching job somewhere else.

As usual, you could not be more wrong.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I hope not. ]

Yeah - let’s change up what we were doing against the nut necklaces since it wasn’t the most gritty, determined, inspired, ALL IN performance I have ever seen.

Jeff Scott was a part of that effort, ya know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That game was terrible from an offensive coaching standpoint

Jan 2, 2020, 11:05 AM

and I think part of that reason is coaching by committee and having one of those committee-members halfway out the door.

Again, nothing against Jeff Scott, but he's interviewing people for coaching jobs, wrapping his head around recruiting, and all the other stuff to get ready for the next USF season - which he should be. That is necessarily taking his focus away from Clemson. He is not, by definition, all in.

Re: That game was terrible from an offensive coaching standpoint

Jan 2, 2020, 11:10 AM

The way I see it is he is ALL IN. He should be be in Florida setting up staff, recruiting, planning for next year. Instead he is helping Clemson try and finish the year without a hiccup. If he left now there would be a void that Clemson would have to fill. Tyler Grisham is that man but he hasn't been doing it all year. You don't change up your team at the last minute when its crunch time. I think Jeff Scotts willingness to stay when it is costing him in Florida proves he is ALL IN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 12:25 PM

Yes

Jan 1, 2020, 12:28 PM

Getting a 3rd Natty will help out tremendously when visits recruits & having those rings on his fingers would be very persuasive. I have no doubt we will get his best & his motivation level to finish this off, could only be categorized as extremely high.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:43 AM

The fact he is staying is not getting all the national hoopla that What's-His-Name got at Alabama (fill in the name). They were never all-in anyways where Jeff S. has always been way all-in. I'm good with not not breaking up the team at this point and him leaving now would be sorta like a player sitting out a bowl game to prepare for the combine.
As for the offensive game plan being bad early on vs. tOSU, was it that or did Tosu just have a good defensive plan? I believe that was it. We adjusted though. We "endeavored to persevere".

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,572
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic