Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is HGH technically considered a steroid? Or do they kind of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,050

Is HGH technically considered a steroid? Or do they kind of

Dec 20, 2012, 6:20 PM

ignore that in college sports as well? Was reading the AP article, which after seeing one conference's players get so much bigger (everyone knows which one), does not surprise me:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8765531/steroids-loom-major-college-football-report-says

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is HGH technically considered a steroid? Or do they kind of

Dec 20, 2012, 6:28 PM

they are not considered an "anabolic androgenic steroid" because they work on a different pathway than drugs like Dianabol, Winstrol, etc. Whether or not HGH increases muscle mass has yet to be proven in a scientific study for subjects under 60 (doesn't mean that it can't). HGH is the drug of choice because, 1. it can serve as a masking agent for other performance enhancers and 2. it is certainty effective for recovering form injuries and reducing recovery time. 3. The test for HGH is having a hard time holding up in the scientific community. The majority of the NFL is on it along with some collegiate and many Olympic athletes.

I didn't know if they classified it as the same in terms of

Dec 20, 2012, 6:41 PM

steroid use in terms of severity in "performance enhancing." I did always hear it was supposedly harder to test for.

No.HGH is human growth hormone,something

Dec 20, 2012, 6:29 PM

your body produces naturally and in large amounts when you are young and growing.It really isn't effective for young males unless taken in large quantities,or recovering from injury.It must be injected sub q(think insulin)and injected 5 days a week for a minimum 3 months to become effective and must be continued to see results,and it goes for around 800-1500 dollars for a kit on the black market,which will last maybe 3 months.I would assume older athletes and guys recovering from injury have more use for this.

Not sure........Ask Ray Tanner.***

Dec 20, 2012, 6:33 PM

Lol...or any other coot athlete for that matter.***

Dec 20, 2012, 8:06 PM

no but these days everything means anything do it just

Dec 20, 2012, 7:53 PM

depends on who you talk to.

The truth is it isn't......

No, it is not a steroid. Yes, it is illegal.

Dec 20, 2012, 8:56 PM

Steroids are steroid compounds. That is, they are molecules that contain a characteristic ring-shaped component of their chemical structure.

HGH is like a protein. It lacks the steroid ring, but it works by triggering your body to produce it's own set of anabolic steroid compounds, which is how it has it's effect. Which is also why it's harder to detect than 'traditional' steroids.

Everyone's body produces growth hormones. If you want to get bigger, stronger, faster----you either inject extra growth hormones, or you inject something that shoots your body's production into overdrive. Both have bad side effects. Both are banned in terms of use as an athletic performance-enhancing drug.

I should have phrased my question better. I figured

Dec 20, 2012, 9:28 PM

since it caused the body to produce it's own antibodies that it was classified as the same thing. I had just "heard" that HGH is not tested for in college sports as prevalently as "steroids" once were.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic