Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Dabo hiding some aces up his sleve
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Is Dabo hiding some aces up his sleve

Dec 17, 2020, 8:33 AM

Guys am I dreaming or does Dabo have something really good up his sleeve? Is it possible that he is playing rope-a-dope with Ladson and Ngata? I can see a scenario where he holds these 2 out until the 2nd half (unless things go sideways in the 1st). Can you imagine trotting out these 2 fresh bodies against somewhat tired corners? No time for halftime corrections. That would also open up the under routes for Spector and the tight ends as well. That could be very interesting. Ok, now I’m going back to sleep. Good night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Dabo hiding some aces up his sleve

Dec 17, 2020, 8:42 AM

While I'm super excited about the future potential of a healthy Ngata and Ladson, I'm also super pleased with the present production of Powell and Rogers! The difference on Saturday will be the health of some key pieces on the defense. If Skalski, Davis, Jones, etc are full go, I love our chances!

Dabo isn't going to hold a player unless they're suspended

Dec 17, 2020, 8:43 AM

or injured.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:43 AM

Dabo doesn't have to hide anything up his sleeve .His game plan will be solid .Always is.

Dec 17, 2020, 9:21 AM

I actually tend to agree with you, as I have seen instances in the past few years where Dabo has effectively "sandbagged" in the regular season for a distinct advantage in the post-season. I think you may be on to something with at least Ladson. The wishy-washy statements he gives during the week doesn't let the opponent know one way or another about the health of said player, and their overall probability for the weekend. Its a strategic move, that has paid off thus far. It would be super nice to see a fresh Ladson run a fly route in the second half and score a td (if he doesn't drop the ball like he has been known to do this season).

Dabo tends to over state players abilities. Especially those

Dec 17, 2020, 9:28 AM

with ‘minor injuries’. I don’t see Frank and Joe being ready. Might be wrong, but Dabo would be going against some major tendencies here. He not even characterizing them as “they are good to go” or something along those lines.

I’m concerned about about our 3 defensive players being back full strength or close to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo tends to over state players abilities. Especially those

Dec 17, 2020, 9:33 AM

I see no reason Tyler Davis and Mike Jones shouldn't be 100%, especially since they played at VT (even though TD) left the game for an unknown reason there for a little bit. Skalksi has had two more weeks to recover since he last played, and if he isn't healthy at this point, then he wont be for the rest of the post-season.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic