Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Duke must not have a good team this year B/C Coack K is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

So Duke must not have a good team this year B/C Coack K is

Dec 10, 2020, 8:28 AM

now making public comments about how the season is impossible to play. The last time he had a bad stretch he went ahead and scheduled back surgery to fix his lingering back problems so that he wouldn't have to take the hit. And now i can only assume his team is not to his standards and he doesn't want to go through a subpar season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Cherokee Parks now interim head coach?***

Dec 10, 2020, 8:41 AM

Re: So Duke must not have a good team this year B/C Coack K is

Dec 10, 2020, 8:52 AM

Here's my issue with his comments. Say we give him the benefit of the doubt, and believe that his comments have nothing to do with the quality of his team, or their 2 losses. Let's say that he made those comments because he truly believes what he's saying, and that he'd still feel that way even if he felt he had his greatest team ever.

Why not make those comments before the season started? He's the biggest named coach in all of college basketball, and his opinion would've carried a lot of weight. I'm not saying the season would've been cancelled in that case, but still. Then if he feels that strong, is it because his players don't feel safe, or because he personally doesn't? If it's about his players then make that known before the season starts. If it's not about the opinion of his players, then why use them as an excuse for speaking out against the season? If he doesn't feel safe himself then why not just say it? Why not take the season off? It's not like he'd be in any danger of losing his job or anything.

Dec 10, 2020, 9:03 AM

Lets say we don't give him the benefit of the doubt. He benefits from every thing else basketball related.
Maybe it's time to hang it up.

Dec 10, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: So Duke must not have a good team this year B/C Coack K is ]

Imagine any other coach coming out and saying that he doesn't want to play a season and he thinks playing is hurting the mental health of the players.

Now imagine that it comes AFTER there was a mass movement by college football players to speak out about how badly they DO want to play and how playing the game they love is actually GREAT for their mental health.

Nobody questions Coach K but he is literally trying to pin this on mental health and safety when athletes around the country have already said they are safest by playing and being tested regularly and they are at their best mentally when they get to do what they love and have an outlet from their surrounding world.

This may be an all-time terrible take by Coach K simply because he is nervous about getting his brains beat in all season.

My take is if he wants his team to sit out. Then he has the

Dec 10, 2020, 9:45 AM

right to shut down HIS team. I don't have a problem with Duke not playing this year. But don't try to pull a "Big10 High Brow" on us and try to force everyone else to follow your "enlightened" ideas.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic