Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quatantine chronicles.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Quatantine chronicles.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:09 AM

Today's episode:

Confirmed exposure episode #4, day 10.

Anyway we're all negative! Awesome news, life once again returns to new normal. However, we now learn the school has a NEW POLICY. No returning to school in 10 days even with a negative test. NOPE. Got to wait out the entire 14 days now, no matter your test results. So point is 2 of 3 kids still at home through next Monday. Doc's also requiring a 10 day wait for even testing kids, that's new.

Tomorrow's episode will be SIL's test results. So halp me Gawd if she's positive I will crack. See, she was exposed officially to her parents with us originally (previously we were all exposed to her husband in November....that was episode 2), but also in her school classroom and with teachers/students, unpteen ways (school shut down totally now btw). She's one of only like 2-3 teachers there NOT to get sick and/or test positive. If SIL positive that then resets our quarantine now for a guaranteed 8-9 days for one kid, and for us as well, until we cook 5-7 days and get a test, so hopefully only ANOTHER FUGGIN 10 days.

Best case SIL is negative and we return to new normal next Monday. Worst case this goes through next week.

Meanwhile FIL and MIL both still are sick, but not bad. FIL's had two negative tests now, and MIL had one and it was positive. I'm starting to think the tests are pointless. Anyway, about to say screw it and only get a test if someone feels sick. I know that's too late then, but whatever. This quarantining stuff is for the birds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heyboss, it could be worse.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:15 AM

In Greenville County (I think I understand this correctly) a school kid who has a positive case in his/her home has to stay out of school for I think 20 calendar days. TWENTY.

Now, in many cases mom/dad get the vid and isolate in a bedroom or something. Kid has no symptoms. Kid TESTS NEGATIVE. Kid can test negative every day for that matter.

Kid still out 20 days.

What the actual fark?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get the big10 involved to reduce the quarantine time***

Jan 19, 2021, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Wife figured it out.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Heyboss, it could be worse. ]

Our (school inside source) is awesome. She will tell you what no one else tells you.....this was how the source explained it (and I sure hope they don't fire her).

See, when the new semester started (last week), a LOT of online students opted to return to the classrooms. Parents had the option to change from online to in person over the holidays in our district anyway. As such, they can't socially distance adequately anymore, in the classrooms or on the buses, etc. They're having to double bus routes, and son of gets home an hour later on the bus now. Therefore, when a student is exposed, they're opting to keep them out even LONGER THAN NEEDED EVEN WITH A NEGATIVE TEST RESULT, simply to keep student numbers down in the classrooms and on the buses. They're trying not to go back to the hybrid model apparently but still go back to it effectively another way. By keeping students quarantined forever, they're effectively keeping numbers down to near nybrid-model levels and preserving the social distancing needed. They're offsetting the new online students who are now in the classrooms.

So when covid gets bad in an area, enough students are quarantined to effectively keep the class sizes down to a near-hybrid model level.

I don't see this approach ending well, but that's the reason according to the source.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anderson has something similar going on

Jan 19, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Heyboss, it could be worse. ]

unless the child tests positive, then goes back to school quicker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our daycare has a 14 day policy for ANY symptoms

Jan 19, 2021, 11:37 AM

A doctors note is the only way to circumvent those requirements. We have to answer a questionnaire every morning that we drop her off. Headache? Out. Runny nose? Out. Sore throat? Out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yeah, that's normal. But you can buy a week off of that

Jan 19, 2021, 11:47 AM

by getting a rapid test at the pediatrician on day 7 of symptoms, or you COULD in the past. So day 7-8 they're back in action. Now the pediatrician makes you wait 10 days for a test if exposed, or immediate with symptoms. Then the school will keep you out 14 days either way now, no matter what, even a negative test result after an appropriate time period.

Just a bunch of crap. Three closest friends of oldest son have all had it. Some of them went back to school in less than 14 days.

Is Biden going to quarantine us all again?

Jan 19, 2021, 11:41 AM

I need to stock up on wine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This seems like overkill to me.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:48 AM

I would think the school district would enact a common sense policy saying your kid could come back to school as long as they stayed tied up inside a large airtight plastic lawn leaf bag for the duration of the school day and the bus ride home.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic