Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is 10-2 with one of the losses against SCar a success?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Is 10-2 with one of the losses against SCar a success?

Oct 28, 2013, 10:45 AM

They asked the question on Mickey's show this morning and just interested in TNET's opinion.

In the overall picture, I say absolutely.

Selfishly, however, my everyday conversations about football were much easier going 8-4 but dominating the last game. But, I certainly don't want to return to those days. It's just hard to have football conversations with SCar fans these days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Oct 28, 2013, 10:46 AM

If we are referring to the first 12 games of our basketball season

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point***

Oct 28, 2013, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO!.......

Oct 28, 2013, 10:47 AM

a loss to ANY of the teams remaining on our schedule is a failure

Re: NO!.......

Oct 28, 2013, 12:29 PM

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10-2 is fine but never against coots.

Oct 28, 2013, 10:49 AM

nm

It's an overall good record, but I would think

Oct 28, 2013, 10:50 AM

Without a win over SC or a shot at a conference championship, or national championship, they will have left a lot of goals unfulfilled.

Not to mention if Tajh can't keep Clowney out of the

Oct 28, 2013, 1:13 PM

backfield.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

No!!!!***

Negative, ghost rider.....

imo, we MUST beat the chickens. I'm sick of hearing their ##### talking.

If the team is not playing the first weekend in December,

Oct 28, 2013, 10:51 AM

not beating South Carolina makes it easy to label the season a failure. That means none of the top 3 goals were achieved.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The flaw here is, we are basing our success off another

Oct 28, 2013, 10:58 AM

program, FSU. Backing in to a conference championship with an overall record of 8-4 doesn't mean quite as much as going 11-1 and not reaching the conference championship.

10 wins is not an easy task to do consistently. I can't say that the program is failing if we consistently win 10 games. The problem is that losing to SCar just makes everything seem irrelevant due to us not living in an orange bubble.

10 wins also isn't has hard as it used to be.

Oct 28, 2013, 1:02 PM

with your 11-1, at least one of the top 3 goals (in my mind are NC, ACC Championship, beat rival) has to be achieved. 10-2 with the losses being to South Carolina and the champion of our division would get a man replaced after a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Financially yes, on TigerNet a disaster. Go figure !***

Oct 28, 2013, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Financially yes, on TigerNet a disaster. Go figure !***

Oct 28, 2013, 11:41 AM

It is not about the money... it is about the pride, so you are right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

No, because it misses too many objectives.***

Oct 28, 2013, 10:55 AM

Re: Is 10-2 with one of the losses against SCar a success?

Absolutely not...Tigers must reach a BCS Bowl and that means winning out including the USUC game...definitely not another trip to Atlanta....

Yes but no

I'd say it's a pretty good problem to have that we're wanting more following seasons with double-digit win totals. But we HAVE to find a way to beat SC and finish the REGULAR season strong or else it all means nothing. I cannot stand listening to their fans and like someone said above me, there is NO reason why we should loose to anyone remaining on the schedule:

Virginia has two wins and is in the midst of a 5-game losing streak to programs like Pitt, Ball State and Duke

Georgia Tech is the lone exception because their option always gives us fits, but it's at home for us and they haven't really beaten anybody worth mentioning.

Citadel - let's be honest...

SC's lone dominating win came over a pathetic Arkansas team that doesn't know their heads from their you-know-whats. They struggle on offense and their secondary gives up plays left and right while their vaunted defensive line can't seem to live up to the hype. There... I said it, they don't live up to the hype because of JD is really being double and triple teamed so much, then either Quarrels and company should be sacking every QB on every play, or someone on every o-line they have faced can handle two defensive starters by themselves... just saying.

There is NO reason (aside from us playing like crap) that we shouldn't roll to an 11-1 record in the regular-season.

Re: Yes but no

Oct 28, 2013, 11:12 AM

SC just beat #5 mizzu in dramatic fashion. IDC if its dominating or not it is easily one of the top #5 most impressive wins all year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also lost to Tennessee. Mizzou was overrated***

Oct 28, 2013, 11:18 AM

Oct 28, 2013, 10:59 AM

It would be the exact same as last year, so I wouldn't consider that success. 11-1 to a BCS Bowl game is the only thing that can be a success this year.

Oct 28, 2013, 11:01 AM

Give me a choice of 10-2 and losing to the chickens every year, or being 9-3 and beating them every year.

FAIL...and ISD...In-School-Detention...you MUST learn...

Oct 28, 2013, 11:04 AM

...your lesson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Yes And No

Oct 28, 2013, 11:05 AM

On paper - yes.

After what we've been through and expectations - no

Oct 28, 2013, 11:08 AM

No its not I would much rather go 9-3 and beat the coots

Oct 28, 2013, 11:12 AM

NOPE, 1-2 against teams on our schedule that could "fog a mirror" is not progress.

#### no hell no #### no***

Oct 28, 2013, 11:11 AM

5 losses in a row...are you kidding me...10-2 with a loss

Oct 28, 2013, 11:13 AM

again to SC is not a success....not even close. You've got to win the game at the end of the year finally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, our two losses will have been the two most important

Oct 28, 2013, 11:29 AM

Games of the season. Ga meant something but in terms of significance no conf ch or state bragging implications

See Also...2012***

Oct 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

?? Yeah same thing. No conf ch and a 4th straight loss

Oct 28, 2013, 11:43 AM

Lsu took the sting out but if we lose 2 of our 3 biggest regular season matchups, and run their streak to 5 which will exceed our streaks of 4 over the past yrs(where we had 4) 10-2 and even a bowl win should be considered disappointing. Many who say it is not May be getting to accustomed to losing to them. We have got to win that game

Those not being happy with 10-2 and another loss to SCAR

Oct 28, 2013, 11:19 AM

If the game with SCAR were being played this Saturday I think Vegas prolly has SCAR favored. My guess would be 3-6 points. Anything can happen over the next month but right now a win in Columbia is looking more like something that would be labeled an upset and not a "no reason to lose that game" situation.

I would not have thought this a few weeks ago but SCAR looks like they got their crap game out of the way at Tennessee. Beating a #5 team on the road, whether that team was worthy or not is impressive....SCAR is almost looking like they are trending up, assuming Shaw stays healthy. The Tigers on the other hand don't even seem to be trending, more like meandering.

Sucks for Dabo that if a 10-2 season happens there will be a lot of po'd people.

Do you live among Lamecock fans?

Oct 28, 2013, 11:20 AM

It is not that simple for the PAW NATION... 10-2 is a very successful season for most any team, BUT....

This is our arch rival. It is the Battle of the Palmetto State, and the TIGERS have owned the title for the most part and gave us the swagger to stand tall in the face of the drunken, toothless, jeers and insults from Lamecocks through history.... BUT not as of late. The Chickens winning a game or two over the years is something the Paw Nation could accept, but a string of wins establishing a dominance over the TIGERS is something that can not and will not be accepted by many die hard members of the Paw Nation.

So as a Palmetto State Native that has to deal with Lamecocks every day.... I say NO, a 10-2 season and one of those losses to the "Ol Ball Sack Coach" and we have had a loosing season and I know logic has little to do with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Oct 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

After 4 straight losses to them already, the answer is NO!

Oct 28, 2013, 11:34 AM

YES! 10 out of 12 wins is ALWAYS a success

not if 1 of those 2 are vs South Carolina***

Oct 28, 2013, 11:35 AM

Re: not if 1 of those 2 are vs South Carolina***

Oct 28, 2013, 12:56 PM

10 wins is always a success. One of those losses...that's it. 10 wins is great. Thumbs down for 10 wins? Pretty immature

Not to me it isn't.***

Oct 28, 2013, 11:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 10-2 was a fairly reasonable expectation for our

Oct 28, 2013, 11:48 AM

overall record, but in combination with winning no hardware and losing the SC for a 5th straight time it has to be considered a bit of a failure. UGA was easily the least important of our 3 big games, so winning that one and losing the other 2 is definitely the worst outcome you can have with a 10-2 record. UGA tanking with the injuries just makes it worse.

Dabo has to start beating the Capons regularly

Oct 28, 2013, 11:50 AM

This year beating them is a must not only because it end their current win streak but because a win also carries with it BCS implications.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

could be a lot riding on the game if we win this week

Oct 28, 2013, 11:52 AM

and against GT....remember the 1985 game...the winner gets the Indepedence Bowl...loser goes home for the year...could be a BCS bowl on the line for both teams for the winner this time.

$CU is not going to a BCS Bowl with two losses IMO....

Oct 28, 2013, 12:02 PM

An undefeated Fresno State would go ahead of a two loss South Carolina team. At present, Missouri, LSU, Auburn or Texas A&M would go ahead of $CU.

$CU's only real chance for a BCS Bowl IMO is for them to win the SEC Championship.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: $CU is not going to a BCS Bowl with two losses IMO....

Oct 28, 2013, 12:36 PM

They already have 2 losses.

If they only have 2 losses by then - they'll get the SEC automatic bid to a BCS Bowl because they will have won the SEC Championship.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No***

Oct 28, 2013, 12:44 PM

Oct 28, 2013, 11:59 AM

We are experiencing tremendous success, even though usuc has won a few games. I'd bet there are some of their fans who would trade their success for ours, if they could. They still only have a 5th place ring to show for their success. Very few, if anybody, outside SC even care about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dugz nailed it.....

Oct 28, 2013, 12:31 PM

lose the ACC CG and to the chickens and a bowl season win is meaningless. We simply must beat them. Those that live here get it.....

Re: dugz nailed it.....

Oct 29, 2013, 9:17 AM

I do understand that your pain over a usuc loss is stronger than mine, since I don't have to live among them. I count that among my many blessings! I do think it is very important to beat them, more from a recruiting standpoint and to regain our rightful respect, but for me it also is a way to stick it in the ear (or another orifice)of the sec biased sports news media. Every time one of them gets beaten by a "lowly little (fill in the blank other conference)" opponent it tarnishes the image of the biased media and of the secheat. Of course beating the chicks certainly helps my brethren in the state of SC resume their well deserved lofty position at the mountain top as well, and that is a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The entertainment value of watching the agony some will feel

Oct 28, 2013, 11:59 AM

if the Tigers lose to SCar. cannot be fully dismissed. Their self-centered childish whining about "demanding this" and "deserving better" are quite amusing.

But losing to SCar would suck for the real fans who would have to endure it in a mature realsitic way.

A succesful season is beating SCar - a good season is 10-2.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Oct 28, 2013, 12:12 PM

Beating Maryland, BC, NC State and Wake

Oct 28, 2013, 12:18 PM

and not winning a conference championship mean nothing.

Beating FSU, getting the the ACCCG and winning is what's important. Now that's gone the only thing left is winning out, beating South Carolina, to get to a BCS bowl.

Losing to SCar means 5 in a row and playing in the Chick Fil A bowl. That would be a failure for this season, so to answer your question, no.

There's something in these hills.

ticket sales would be slow for that game

Oct 28, 2013, 12:20 PM

if we were coming off of a SC loss with having just played in Atlanta last yr....ouch....

No! i really dont want to see 5 in

Oct 28, 2013, 12:21 PM

A row

Oct 28, 2013, 12:28 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is way past time to beat those cheating c$$ts....however, until we use the same methods that they do it will be hard

Not now.

Oct 28, 2013, 12:38 PM

Have loss to Sakerliner too many times in a row for anything less than a win be considered "successful". In-conferences are hard to take,... out of conference unbearable.

Oct 28, 2013, 12:47 PM

I would have to say no, Its still not a bad season, but it is basically staying the same as last year when we were supposed to take a step forward this year.

A step forward would be beating SCar and winning a BCS bowl. Anything short of that would make for a non-success.

I dont think any 10 win season is a failure, but it will not be a total success without at least one of those two goals

Oct 28, 2013, 12:50 PM

No.

Anyone who says otherwise is either a Dabo apologist or doesn't live in South Carolina. A 10-2 season with the lone good win being the opener would be an abysmal failure given the expectations of this team.

People act like "10 wins" is a definitive mark of success, when it's really just an arbitrary number. Means nothing if only 1 out of 10 wins is over a decent opponent.

There's never an excuse to lose to your rival 5 years a row (hell, there's not an excuse to lose twice in a row). Especially by double digit points each time.

Most years "Yes". This year "No"***

Oct 28, 2013, 12:58 PM

I agree..you should stop listening to plyler***

Oct 28, 2013, 1:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic