Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay Email Says there will be "Refund Options"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,097

Iptay Email Says there will be "Refund Options"

Aug 3, 2020, 4:10 PM

Not sure this is surprising news, but more real when its from the school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking entirely for myself...

Aug 3, 2020, 4:21 PM

I would not ask or expect IPTAY to refund any portion of my annual IPTAY contribution.

However, ticket costs are another matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Speaking entirely for myself...

Aug 3, 2020, 4:47 PM

AGREE

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Agree with you. But my eyebrow raised when I saw..

Aug 3, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Speaking entirely for myself... ]

In the email they provided different “buckets” regarding where the 38 million goes. Well Tigerband is not going to any away games this year. No bands on the field, and I am guessing “away tickets will be sparce” at best. So that million should be coming way down. Because I have to believe that number is mainly for travel. I guess, maybe there is a small chance regarding the championship games, but I would think those expenses are picked up by the game organizers.

But still, IPTAY operational cost seems a bit high as well. I was surprised that 20% goes towards operating costs? I though the majority of reps are volunteers? Basically when some one gives $5 to IPTAY. IPTAY needs $1 to spend the other $4? Darn, I want that gig. Even more depressing when a third of the costs are the scholarships, and stroking a check for that “cost”. Well I recommend they stop sending those snail mail address stickers. ?? I also think those glossy printed media mailings are over kill, but that is just me. Just send me the car stickers and a simple thank you note.

What I have been concerned about, is when they finally tell us that they can’t fill/ provide everyone with tickets this year. They will still need/ want us want to pay 25%+ of the ticket cost anyway without getting actual tickets. It will be considered a “donation” that will be credited to you IPTAY account. But basically you have to give to keep your tickets for future seasons. At that point I don’t think I can keep helping. But I guess we will wait and see.

Go Tigers.

Re: I Agree with you. But my eyebrow raised when I saw..

Aug 3, 2020, 7:06 PM

I’m thinking they will offer a refund on ticket money or a credit for next year. I would doubt a requirement to pay partial to keep tickets. That’s kind of harsh

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking entirely for myself...

Aug 3, 2020, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Speaking entirely for myself... ]

I agree 100%

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay Email Says there will be "Refund Options"

Aug 3, 2020, 4:22 PM

I saw that. So sad it has come to this. :(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A LOT of people contribute to IPTAY...

Aug 3, 2020, 4:33 PM

just for the right to purchase football tickets.

If there's no football, or fans are not permitted in the stands, there is a segment of donors who will request refunds.

There will also be a segment of fans who are negatively impacted by these challenging economic times, or due to other underlying health conditions they may be at a higher risk of contracting the virus and, therefore, not comfortable around large groups of people. Those folks would likely request a refund as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Right to buy tickets and TAILGATE/PARK

Aug 3, 2020, 4:35 PM

If there are no fans in the stands or at tailgate.........

Aug 3, 2020, 5:20 PM

At Least for those wanting better seats it should be a year to move on up like George Jefferson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 3, 2020, 6:16 PM

I'll probably not ask for my IPTAY donation back, but if that is the case then the entire donation should be tax deductible. From what I understand the reason it isn't now is because it is linked to the privilege of being able to buy tickets. Wonder if they might comment on that rather han "consult your tax consultant".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m probably taking the refund because

Aug 3, 2020, 7:17 PM

the behavior of the IPTAY staff shows that my tiny amount of money means more to me than it does to them. I’m sure Clemson will not notice if my measly donation is gone.

Re: I’m probably taking the refund because

Aug 3, 2020, 9:21 PM

Ever loyal?

All in?

Do these words mean nothing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Absolutely.

Aug 4, 2020, 8:29 AM

“Loyalty” and “All In” go both ways.

And it’s the IPTAY staff I have an issue with.
The staffs of some of the individual sports, including football, are fantastic and their actions show that they care about everyone. But I really don’t believe they are hurting for money in any way.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,097
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic