Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting read about Tua leaving alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Interesting read about Tua leaving alabama

May 18, 2018, 4:12 PM

if he didn't play in the title game. I can honestly see this happening to either TL or HJ if neither start this season.

Tua explained that he was upset that he out performed Hurts all season in practice yet didn't get the starting role. I can almost bet that TL/HJ are outperforming KB in practice already if not by the end of fall camp.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/05/17/tua-tagovailoa-wanted-leave-alabama-national-championship-game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting read about Tua leaving alabama

May 18, 2018, 4:20 PM

Not beyond the realm of possibility, but I lean more into thinking that Dabo has recruited a little bit different type of player ... kids that really WANT to be at Clemson and believe in the process , believe that they have to earn their field time .
Maybe Tua felt he had earned it , but Saban disagreed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 18, 2018, 8:23 PM

As usual, I do agree with you on the character that Dabo recruits but where we may disagree is you can’t take a chance on running a talent like TL off. KB is a senior. As hard and harsh as this may sound, it’s time to look to and build for the future. KB’s gone after this year and can’t do anything for you. So even if it’s a close call and TL a little behind in play book knowledge, the talent difference is overwhelming because the ceiling with TL is DW4 territory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 4:21 PM

I think it's only a matter of time before someone transfers. Too much talent to sit on the bench. I won't blame them one bit

This cannot be serious, can it??

May 18, 2018, 4:24 PM

"I told my dad I wanted to go to a school where I thought it'd be easier for me and wouldn't challenge me so much."

Holy cow, cannot believe he said that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

it is the downside to recruiting great talent

May 18, 2018, 4:35 PM

These blue chips aren't about team , some of them I mean, they are out for what's best for numero uno. They feel entitled and don't want to wait there turn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it is the downside to recruiting great talent

May 18, 2018, 5:23 PM

If he is better than the guy starting in front of him, it’s not unreasonable for him to be impatient about “waiting his turn”.

May 18, 2018, 7:00 PM

A real leader may think it and may even say it privately to Saban...but not in public.

And, one has to wonder, if he DID tell Saban...

May 18, 2018, 7:42 PM

...did that play into Nickey's decision (besides Hurt's performance) to let him play the 2nd half? One thing is for sure, I bet Saban is livid that he said these things in a public setting speaking to kids in Hawaii lol.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

May 18, 2018, 7:18 PM [ in reply to it is the downside to recruiting great talent ]

Sounds like Josh Belk, being 3rd/4th team for several years.

May 18, 2018, 4:37 PM

One of them will certainly transfer. They would be dumb not to. Both HJ and TL have way too much talent to just sit on a bench for most of their career.

May 18, 2018, 5:21 PM

Where in the article does it say he outperformed him in practice?

Last two paragraphs attributed to Kiffin...

May 18, 2018, 5:48 PM

https://nypost.com/2018/05/18/hero-alabama-quarterback-was-this-close-to-bolting/

May 18, 2018, 5:21 PM

Where in the article does it say he outperformed him in practice?

May 18, 2018, 5:40 PM

They may have edited it. The version on 24/7 I saw this morning quoted Tua saying he outperformed Hurts in practice.

May 18, 2018, 6:56 PM

I originally read the ESPN article but posted the SI article. Didn't realize they left that part out

May 18, 2018, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting read about Tua leaving alabama ]

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/lane_kiffin_no_doubt_alabamas.html

"I think that's a great question," said Kiffin, who recently completed his first season as head coach at Florida Atlantic. "If this second half doesn't flip like this, and Alabama is moving the ball and doesn't change (quarterbacks), people that really know what's going on would tell you that Tua was leaving. Because Tua thought that he should be the starting quarterback and had outperformed him in practice and coach never gave him an opportunity." <-- straight from Kiffin

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic