Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Integrity Of College Football On The Line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,513

Integrity Of College Football On The Line

Nov 6, 2019, 8:42 PM

To the novice fan who does not have a dog in the fight. To the fan who only watches football during bowl season(yes they exist) and championship time. To people who only are interested in the last game - and in who won "the college football thingy"! Those people will start placing college football on par with the following: WWE / pro wrestling and Boxing!

If - you leave out an undefeated conference champion that has a top 10 offense and defense. A team that's averaging 44.2 ppg and only giving up 11.9. This team would also be on a 28 game winning streak! To all outside of the sport - "it would stink to high heaven of corruption and greed"! Like some "shady organized crime types" have or had something to do with the outcome instead of it being truly decided on the field.

I'm not hearing them say so much Clemson's schedule ( some but not as much as we would think) they are saying all the other teams dominate more.
Again, this system was supposed to eliminate some of the bush league tactics that had to be used back in the day like "style points"!
Clearly though - this is what they want! Besides teams from much larger fan bases to be in the playoffs!
The TV viewership was down last season. THE TV VIEWERSHIP WAS DOWN LAST SEASON. This was examined and looked at as a sign. Nobody wants to see lil ol Clemson - who cares if they have the best college football team. We want viewers to tune in. Again - boxing and wwe. Selling tickets.
They don't look at the fact the game was on the west coast as far away from football mad southern states as you can get almost. And, it was a re-match of which - most of the so called smart money was on Alabama! Nobody honestly wanted to see Alabama win another championship - after all - they were called the greatest team ever! Those were the reasons for the low ratings!
FFWD to this year and the initial poll - look at what they pointed out the most. Who was more dominant. They seem far more interested in giving the country "different teams" rather than the two best teams! Can't stand Bama - but I think they beat the Buck nuts by two TD's. The buck nuts haven't played a team yet with equal speed to them. If they can perform when the other team clocks the same 40 times across the board - good for them - but doubt it.
Penn State - please.
All about "new blood"!
LSU has at least looked the part of dominant and national title contender! But they have a couple major flaws yet to be exploited.

They need to examine what they really stand for in that room next week. Next week won't be the grand finale. But, it will show you how they treat losing to a perceived good team or not.
If they don't do the right thing - this will change the sport forever! Because conference games are set. OOC games are made years in advance. FBS has no pre-season so teams schedule "lesser competition" early.
All of that would have to change - and still only a hand ful of teams would have a chance at the title. Like having a heavy weight champ and a inter-continental champ! LOL! ###! I am hoping they don't turn college football into this: pay-per-view sell our collective soul to the highest bidder type sport!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Integrity Of College Football On The Line

Nov 6, 2019, 10:09 PM

Whoever gave me a Thumbs Down; please explain?

You have a right to your opinion; but with no explanation - how will I learn the error of my ways?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 10:38 PM

Well done. I agree.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 11:19 PM

A little POS that can not handle the truth is who would give you a TD......I would give you a 100 TU for this post if I could.....Go Tigers!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,513
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic