Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Indoor Facility
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Indoor Facility

Feb 23, 2015, 7:03 PM

I do sales in the construction industry. Last week I was on the jobsite at the the CUiCar. They are adding on a new building out there. The company is Sherman Construction (they built our indoor field and are currently doing SCars). It turns out the superintendent on that job was also the super on our indoor facility. We shot the #### about it for a minute and he goes on the tell me his son is actually the super over SCars. He then tells me the two dont even compare. Clemsons is on another level. Also he wasn't a Clemson alum or fan so there was no biased involved. Silly chickens, they always want to be like big brother up here in the upstate. Going out hiring the same company and yet they still don't matchup.....

The best part is they think with their "SEC" money they are leaving us in dust as far as the arms race goes, when in reality the gap is continuing to widen in our favor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indoor Facility

Feb 23, 2015, 7:10 PM

They can church up their facilities all they want and build any kind of fancy building but nobody can duplicate the town of Clemson and the surrounding area. On the flip side, ucs's surrounding area just so happens to like like an abandoned land-fill with a few old block buildings around. Kinda like laying a diamond on a dog turd, the vast majority of what you see is the turd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2015, 7:10 PM

I'm sure I will be called a coot for this but you do know that the usuck IPF is bigger(111,000 SF) than ours(80,000 SF)

Feb 23, 2015, 7:25 PM

Doesn't mean it's any nicer though. Quality over quantity. But will be an easy pitch for SC to say well our IPF is 30,000 sqft bigger than Clemson.

Feb 23, 2015, 7:27 PM

I'm sure it will be the same thing just bigger . Doubt op really had this conversation

They needed the additional room....

Feb 24, 2015, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Indoor Facility ]

for Spurriers keg cooler, the holding cells, a bail bondsman, and Neal Lourie's satellite office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

fock these cocklovers on here!!!!! gives his story, then cockfight...smh

Feb 24, 2015, 11:09 AM

This is pitiful!!!
He makes a post, sounding legit about a conversation he had with a construction supervisor...
he points out what the man said, which is a positive note for Clemson. The said super isn't a biased fan, it bodes well for us what he said.
why in #### would a LEGITIMATE Clemson fan wanna try & tear this guys story apart when he's simply posting something good for us. Why would he make it up???
It's not in a sarcastic or over-pumper manor either...just an interesting side-note on our facilities & battle with the trashy mid-state Jones's!

WTH?!
I, for one, enjoyed the info & input...good call!

Coot09...it's too easy...your just a sorry@ss lost coot on a rivals bored. Pitiful shamecluck, smh...but lamecocks have no shame, so you can't help yourself.

52....you're sounding like a coot, yep! You're spot on...a dayum COOT!!!!
Maybe you & 09 can go hold hands somwhere in an abandoned lot near WillyB-toilet & dream about not having a such a ghettolicious campus & athletic sh1tty industrial park filled with concrete & broken down eyesore of a squatters paradise!

Come on 52...I laughed my @SS off to your hitler-coot clip! ;) what happened dude? You post good stuff usually....get back on the team - us against USuCk!

Geeeez! you pathetic coot-turds...and some of you others notime all-in!
Buck-up & wear your orange IF you ARE a Tiger, or go try & cross the road to get to FGF!!!

Go Tigers!
Clemson -THE University in South Carolina!!!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Feb 23, 2015, 7:27 PM

Can you elaborate on the differences? I'm honestly curious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ours is at the pristine foothills of the upstate...

Feb 23, 2015, 7:34 PM

Theirs is at a $h!thole dump in a crime-ridden cesspool.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2015, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Indoor Facility ]

He really didn't go into specifics as to this is better than that. And I didn't really pry him for answers. I was happy enough with his brief statement seeing the fact he completely oversaw our build and his son is overseeing theirs.

The only thing he was really bragging about was the quality of the turf. But he didn't say they are using a cheaper one or anything but that could be a differnce.

Also I found it funny, he was telling me Dabo and co took weeks to pick out the nets to go up behind the field goals. Once one was finally picked out and installed, they were forced to remove the side infront of the giant screen. So they only kick field goals to one side as they didn't want to block the massive screen with a net.

Also to my knowledge every football field is the same dimensions. I'm sure whatever they are using their extra 30,000 sq feet for, our 62 million dollar football operations facility will more than make up for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the biggest advantages for Clemson

Feb 23, 2015, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Indoor Facility ]

Is it opens onto our outdoor practice fields. This allows for easy transition from indoor to outdoor and visa versa. USC will have too transport their players from the indoor to outdoor and visa versa. This time consuming and your only allowed 20 hours a week for practice, meetings, and GameDay so spending a hour or more shuttling the team is a big deal during the season.

Another advantage in the spring of 2017 the football operations building will ajoin the indoor practice field and then everything will be in one location. Weight room, dunning hall, locker rooms, meeting rooms, practice fields, training rooms, coaches offices, player lounge, and aqua therapy. Clemson's player will be able to walk from class or their dorm within a few minutes and not have to leave to go anywhere else. USC has their classrooms miles away, dorms also across campus, locker rooms in the stadium, and outdoor fields in a different location than indoor field.

Re: One of the biggest advantages for Clemson

Feb 23, 2015, 8:36 PM

Yeah, I love everything about the football operations building. Not only logistically, but it's a statement that Clemson will always be on the forefront of college football. I think Dabo has always had a good grasp of where the football landscape is going and getting there first. The Turnipseed hiring and giving players iPads are other good examples of this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2015, 8:48 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest advantages for Clemson ]

I just don't get how one is better than the other when they are basically the same thing and by the same company. Like I said before doubt the op talked with anybody. The story doesn't add up .

"Is it opens onto our outdoor practice fields. This allows for easy transition from indoor to outdoor and visa versa. USC will have too transport their players from the indoor to outdoor and visa versa. This time consuming and your only allowed 20 hours a week for practice, meetings, and GameDay so spending a hour or more shuttling the team is a big deal during the season."

Idk how it is now but looks like it will change

Feb 23, 2015, 8:56 PM

the sun sets in the east in this rendition. Must be the SEC.

And the chickens' indoor facility is about 300 yards from current practice facility...which I understand will move and be adjacent to IPF.

Feb 23, 2015, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: One of the biggest advantages for Clemson ]

Don't let facts get in the way 52.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I'm sure the homeless vagrants, crackheads and prostitutes..

Feb 24, 2015, 8:55 AM

will love having somewhere new to hangout and congregate.

That is if Folk Nation, Squad Up, NFC, Cut Throats/Gambinos, the Gangsta Killa Bloods, Gangster Disciples, and Insane Crip Nation doesn't take it over first.

There is a reason why gang violence is at an all-time high with South Carolina (i.e., Columbia) ranked first in violent crime for the last 10 years straight.

Don't let those facts get in the way Clueless09.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

USC's new IPF is right next to 2 new practice fields

Feb 23, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest advantages for Clemson ]

So the theory about having to "transport" the team from indoors to outdoors is 100% bogus.

Re: USC's new IPF is right next to 2 new practice fields

Feb 23, 2015, 10:16 PM

The other 30,000 square feet will house offices for staff probation officers , holding cells and even an on-site bail bondsman. This saves the university time and $EC money when you consider that these types of additions were all miles down Bluff Rd at the Alvin S. "Gamecock" Glenn facility , a private sector venture that works closely with USCjr and its players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic