Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Incredible performance by DJ last week but he will need ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Incredible performance by DJ last week but he will need ....

Nov 1, 2020, 7:33 AM

plenty more help this week. He's still a true freshman QB going into his first road start vs a Top 5 opponent. ND will have game tape to study and come up with a plan specific for him. Undestanding that they are completely different players, but true freshman TJ Finley of LSU looked like Tom Brady last week, at home vs SoCar but he was pretty miserable yesterday on the road vs a pretty good Auburn defense.

It appears that the DJU is well grounded and that will help him adjust to a different environment altogether. He will need CP to keep it up - that was his best performance every yesterday - and Ladson or Ngata will need to step it up as well. ETN will be there, have no doubt there.

The D has to get Davis back, he's the key to plugging the middle vs ND. Skalski won't be available but hopefully Venables and Spector, both a little undersized, can stand up to the ND pounding. I trust BV to come up with a solid GP there, he's the best in the business.

Very winnable game next week but, remember, just the 2nd game and 1st road for DJU. Whatever happens next week, we most likely play them again in the ACCG.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC > UofSC

Nov 1, 2020, 7:46 AM

I don’t see the type of letdown Finley had for LSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Incredible performance by DJ last week but he will need ....

Nov 1, 2020, 7:56 AM

You seem to be forgetting that this was two completely different ball games.
B.C. dominated in the first half, scoring 21 points vs 13 for Clemson. We couldn't stop anybody. In fact our defense even struggled the week before against Syracuse.
Of course the scoop, and score didn't help but it did add up to that 15 point deficit at half.
The 2nd half our defense showed up and posted a shut out while our offense scored 21 unanswered.
The thing is we are going to need 2 complete halves against the Irish if we expect to win.
Boston College is good ,but they are not Notre Dame.
DJ is good, but we can't give up 21 points in the first half and expect the same result as Yesterday.
As far as the 3 defensive players missing yesterday, don't expect any of them back from what I read on here. But Trevor won't be back either.
The team Clemson puts on the film next Saturday night needs 4 quarters of consistent football, whether it's DJ leading the offense, or Venables and Spector leading the "D".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Incredible performance by DJ last week but he will need ....

Nov 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

And, don't forget, probably Indiana COLD.
Not sure he's ever played in the cold, but I think he can handle that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic