Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Inconsistent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,535

Inconsistent

Feb 12, 2021, 11:46 PM

Any other word needed? Ridiculous way to beat an inferior team at home. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the win and the extra tick box for the tourney. But having to rely on a Hail Mary banked in 3 to beat a 9-7 team is yet another example of the lack of consistency and reliability in this program.

Yes, Judge, I’m looking directly at you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a win feels like a loss? Don't tell Dabo***

Feb 12, 2021, 11:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Inconsistent

Feb 12, 2021, 11:54 PM

Great win despite your criticism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people are going to whine no matter what***

Feb 12, 2021, 11:57 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 11:56 PM

We didnt play great but I've seen many here gripe and I have myself griped about close losses. One we needed fell our way for a change. I'm not going to gripe about it. We should b better than GT but looking at both games its hard to say we are. So I'm going to enjoy the win and hope we get a few more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel we should be better than GT?

Feb 13, 2021, 12:17 AM

Their basketball history is much better than ours. Consider:

-16 NCAA Tournament appearances (we have 11)
-3 ACC Tournament championships (we have 0)
-7 Sweet Sixteen appearances (we have 3)
-4 Elite Eights (we have 1)
-2 Final Fours (we have 0)

They have also put 38 players in the NBA (we have 18).

Obviously our history doesn’t have to define us, but thus far they are a better program than we are. I feel that they have a lot of unfulfilled potential in basketball, given their history as well as their urban location in a basketball hotbed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Just out of curiosity, why do you feel we should be better than GT?

Feb 13, 2021, 2:06 AM

Because we aren’t playing basketball history. We are playing basketball now.

It’s instance how much you switch from how much history is irrelevant to how much history matters depending on the post.

GT was picked to finish ahead of us this year.

Feb 13, 2021, 11:32 AM

They were predicted as an NCAA Tournament team by some.

Their record this year doesn’t look good on paper, but they’ve played a really tough ACC schedule thus far. They are a good team, and that should be obvious if you’re paying attention.

I’m not sure what makes you think we should clearly be better than they are, whether you look at this season or basketball history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 13, 2021, 12:01 AM

Any other word needed? Ridiculous way to beat an inferior team at home. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the win and the extra tick box for the tourney. But having to rely on a Hail Mary banked in 3 to beat a 9-7 team is yet another example of the lack of consistency and reliability in this program.

Yes, Judge, I’m looking directly at you.

I am sure the judge and everyone else with half of a brain is looking back at you and laughing.

Yes, even more than usual!***

Feb 13, 2021, 12:06 AM

Feb 13, 2021, 12:05 AM

Feb 13, 2021, 1:05 AM

I've seen that MJ laugh before of Michael laughing at Chuck...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwiKFho6qYc

Feb 13, 2021, 2:06 AM

As someone that sat in the front row under our basket I will assure you that Tech is a tough team for us to match up with. Their guards are very quick and they have a big front line that is long and strong....they had a couple guys play 35 plus minutes and that went in our favor down the stretch.....I will take it anyway I can even if Nick didn’t call the bank shot.

Feb 13, 2021, 5:22 AM

Man am I glad I'm not you Jay. You must live in such a bleak and foreboding world for that win to bring you down so much. We have always struggled against Ga. Tech why would that change? Be happy man. Just be happy

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 6:17 AM

Not just having to rely on the jump shot to win, something else reared it's ugly head last night that has been a "consistent "part of this program.
Midway through the first half( if I recall) Clemson went on another of their patented 5 minute scoring droughts.
Add to that the number of turn overs(20 in the first Ga. Tech game, as well as at least 8 in the first 12 minutes of the first half of this game )and you have, IMO, part of the reason why Clemson is "inconsistent"!
With 3 straight road games, and only a 1-4 ACC road record ,we needed that game last night.
Several days ago, people were on here talking about how Clemson could be a 6th seed in the Big Dance.
These next 3 games will tell us if we are an NCAA team ,or a team that gets to go play in Mayor DeBlaso's home town;(ah good old Frank Sinatra)
New York ,New York ,a wonderful Town.
Wonder when Old Joe will shut the place down
...New York, New York, it's a wonderful town.

Feb 13, 2021, 9:11 AM

They are still passing the ball to the wrong team and running the baseline and jumping in the air with NO options for passing.

and that's without considering the 5 minute scoring droughts.

Sometimes they just don't see to have any basketball IQ.

Even the last shot was a lousy shot.

They only needed two to win and there was enough time to get a close shot.

It was blind luck that it banked in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dare you to enjoy winning basketball!

Feb 13, 2021, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Inconsistent ]

It’s really fun. So is being positive and optimistic.

Living with your negative, whiny, pessimistic outlook has to take its toll. Why continue doing that?!?

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,535
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic