Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I may uncut the cord
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I may uncut the cord

Feb 18, 2021, 7:10 AM

and go back to a cable box

Daughter of turns 6 in May
She’s been a master of the AppleTv remote for a bit now
She hijacks whatever I’m watching or will go upstairs and find her own thing. She’s not on anything bad yet, but we don’t want to encourage this

Cable eliminates the instant gratification of tuning to exactly what you want
Commercials teach patience to wait for the show to return
The remote is too complicated for a 6 yr old (added bonus, MIL also can’t use it)
Streaming prices continue to go up

Smart TVs are attempting to make my kids dumb (1/2 joke, I know we are in control of what they do)

Although this post sounds like it, we actually don’t just sit around and watch TV all day

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And make her walk to school both ways while you are at it.

Feb 18, 2021, 7:38 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uphill. Barefoot. In the snow.***

Feb 18, 2021, 7:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I almost did that at Clemson

Feb 18, 2021, 7:46 AM

Living in Daniel Square I had to walk up a hill to get to campus in the snow
After class I walked up the hill by Clemson House in the snow

I just didn’t feel like taking my shoes off

And today a semester at Clemson would be considered

Feb 18, 2021, 7:55 AM

a vacation....for me anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My whole seven years was a vacation.

Feb 18, 2021, 8:11 AM

Until one day, my advisor called me into his office, handed me a diploma and said :please leave now".

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jealous. I thought I was doing great at 6. My advisor quit

Feb 18, 2021, 9:34 AM

talking to me in the middle of year 4 - which I believe was my 3rd sophomore year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I think I talked with my advisor once.

Feb 18, 2021, 11:03 AM

When I transferred into my business major from poli sci he had to approve it or something. Never talked with him again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then proceeded to pelt the UPS driver with snowballs

Feb 18, 2021, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I almost did that at Clemson ]

as he casually rode through D-Square and we were day drunk

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lived 3 miles from campus towards seneca. I walked both

Feb 18, 2021, 8:11 AM [ in reply to I almost did that at Clemson ]

ways uphill and did in the snow as well. It was the only place I could afford. $125 a month and my rent was never raised in 4 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the early years of my parenting I did not allow screen

Feb 18, 2021, 9:25 AM

time or any tv. My oldest was only entertained by a device in moments where I really needed her to be mesmerized and quiet (plane trips, long car rides). I didn't allow her to watch ANY TV until she was two (this made for long days when I was parenting solo). She's both bright and an exceptional student.

Kid #2 blew my rules out of the water. He's been glued to the boob toob since he was toddling. Loved him some paw patrol. At 6 he's seen all the Marvel movies. He has his own ipad is allowed filtered free reign, can FB messenger his friends. Our hopes weren't high with him, but turns out he might be smarter than his big sis. I fully expect him to be dancing naked on the table at the frat house eventually.

This is the world we live in it, it's not going away and now I fully believe that sheltering kids from it only makes the technology more addictive.

My parents were super strict when I was growing up, and I don't think it benefited my transition to adulthood.

Don't let the kid control you. She'll want a BMW when 16***

Feb 18, 2021, 10:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Annoys the F out of me when they just watch you tube

Feb 18, 2021, 10:56 AM

Idiot videos from trust fund teenagers who have their own you tube channels for nerf wars

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

influencer is now a career goal with the kids today***

Feb 18, 2021, 11:24 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic