Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Va Tech - Fuente
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Va Tech - Fuente

Dec 2, 2020, 1:47 PM

Read where he may be gone after this year. If we embarrass them this week could it happen? I hear Shane Beamer's name thrown out if they look for a new coach (for obvious reason). Would be just like UofSC to get turned down by a current Tight Ends coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that scenario, Fuente would become UofSuCk's

Dec 2, 2020, 1:49 PM

primary target. A retread who couldn't hack it at VT...a match made in cootlumbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

A VaTek coach certainly checks one of their boxes.

Dec 2, 2020, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Could be dream scenario for entertainment value

Dec 2, 2020, 1:51 PM

1. VT snatches their leading candidate
2. They lose all negotiating power with Napier, the only other coach willing to take the job
3. They spin and spin trying to convince everyone that Napier was their first choice all along after they back up the Brinks truck
4. In 5 years, they are right back in the same place...and our win streak is still active

Napier is the one I would choose for them if I could, anyway!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah...

Dec 2, 2020, 1:56 PM

if VT had any real interest in Shane Beamer, they would have hired him instead of Fuente.

Based on his lack of head coaching or Coordinator experience, there doesn't seem to be ANY OTHER programs interested in him as a head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think he would be a good hire for the coots

Dec 2, 2020, 2:00 PM

to get them on probation within a year or two at most.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think he would be a good hire for the coots

Dec 2, 2020, 2:04 PM

Don’t wish Napier off on that crowd. He is a first class guy,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, and to be clear I was talking about

Dec 2, 2020, 2:06 PM

Beamer having the coots on probation. He is not a first class guy.

Re: Agreed, and to be clear I was talking about

Dec 2, 2020, 2:23 PM

I don't think he would want to follow in his Dad's footsteps at VT. He could not be as a successful as his Dad I don't think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If by being as successful as his dad, you mean

Dec 2, 2020, 2:25 PM

lie cheat and steal your way to winning 0 championships then I disagree...Shane would be able to equal those accomplishments.

Wakeyleaks

Dec 2, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Agreed, and to be clear I was talking about ]

He's certainly has a history of some conduct that more than supports he's not above bending the rules or outright cheating which is likely viewed as a real asset and a positive by uof6c fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, and he gets it naturally.***

Dec 2, 2020, 3:08 PM

Re: Yes, and he gets it naturally.***

Dec 2, 2020, 4:05 PM

GWP, not familiar with Beamer. Can you shed a little light on his shady dealings. Thanks

Re: Va Tech - Fuente

Dec 2, 2020, 4:59 PM

I scrolled through a bunch of the posts over on Techsideline.com, the big Hokie football forum, their version of Tigernet.

A lot of the folks there did not seem overly high on the prospect of replacing Fuente with Beamer. There were apparently some widely known "issues" there - I didn't dig deep enough to find out what they were - and they also thought he was a very weak recruiter.

Found it interesting. Despite the family name Shane isn't all that well thought-of there.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic