Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In response to my previous post about a bad female referee..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

In response to my previous post about a bad female referee..

Nov 28, 2020, 12:02 PM
ATT00009.jpg(117.8 K)

where I was asked by another poster if I ever complained about male referees. Well sir, some of you on her know me well...including my coot running buddy who constantly hears me bitching about bad officiating. I have lamented on here many times about the completed pass by North Carolina that we knocked loose and recovered...only to have the refs say that the reciever who was standing erect, was down IMMEDIATLEY upon contact, no fumble. That was on the 1 yard line, and North Carolina went in to score, taking another ACC title form us...

But, this picture I am posting here says it all about my impartial nature. Some of you were probably at this basketball game. Anyway, we had been royally worked over by the refs in Durham.I made preparations for the next time Duke came to Littlejohn and I got my hands on 2 referee uniforms and talked one of my frineds into joinging me. I had a stick to tap in front of me as my buddy put his hand on my shoulder to walk down the strps to our seats....We got a standing ovation from about 8,000 Clemson fans...

So, I say there is ample proof that I am not sexist.

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In response to my previous post about a bad female referee..

Nov 28, 2020, 12:11 PM

Yeah, I read that last night and responded to his comment. Some have to label everything as a sexist or racist remark and he sounded like on of those. I know which camp he lives in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Discrimination?no transgender representation...

Nov 28, 2020, 12:51 PM

Something must be done! Time to start calling some sponsors & demand Tranny zebras

Nov 28, 2020, 12:15 PM

Even if you were sexist when it comes to football, who cares? I realize you weren't being that way though. You were just saying she wasn't good at her job.

Richard Gere has been to Littlejohn?***

Nov 28, 2020, 12:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. I have been told that many times. However, a couple of

Nov 28, 2020, 12:38 PM

years ago I was driving out of a paid parking lot in Greenville, and the cashier says,"Hey, has anybody ever told you....",at which point Mrs. Spud, under her breath says."Oh good grief...not again"....and the cashier continues..."That you look just like Richard Gere's......father?".....Boys, I thought I was going to have to take Mrs. Spud directly to the ER over at Greenville Memorial. She nearly died laughing that night!

is Pete Carroll blind?***

Nov 28, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I don’t care who Ref’s

Nov 28, 2020, 1:07 PM

they just need to be the best Refs available. I’m not at all sure that that is what we are getting.

In my very limited Refing experience I’ll say this; it is one thing to be sitting and watching what happens, it is something altogether different to be actively involved in every play for hours and you’re supposed to not miss anything. There are situations where multiple possible fouls could occur.....it’s incredibly hard to see them all. Lastly, the act of simply having to move around creates its own internal distraction. The more you are moving, the harder you are working, the more inclined you become to missing details. Refs need to be in shape in order to minimize this effect and a great many simply are not. I call it “the fog of war” effect. At this highest level of amateur sports, it’s frustrating to see Refs make a call that simply did not occur and/or to miss super obvious calls that they appear to be staring straight at. It’s either “the fog of war” or they’re corrupt. I’m convinced there is some of both.

If you could replace all of the incompetent male refs in the

Nov 28, 2020, 2:08 PM

ACC with competent female refs, I would be fine with it. Heydt would be the first to go.

Nov 28, 2020, 12:43 PM

Very well you have clarified. As I mentioned-assuming this was directed at me-I hadn't checked back on prior posts. Point made and accepted. As for you others it really doesn't matter to me what you think. I happen to enjoy Spud's contributions and was just wondering.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my good firends who is a prominent surgeon will

Nov 28, 2020, 12:45 PM

answer his phone when I call...."Not officiating agian?!!"

Nov 28, 2020, 12:46 PM

but you are a blatant ref-ist

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 12:58 PM

Spud - this is legendary...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 1:06 PM

Them refs are blind as a bat Spud!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buncha soyboys around here.

Nov 28, 2020, 1:21 PM

Maybe that’s what’s wrong with our oline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

What happened? Did the female ref throw a flag for something that happened 3 years ago?

Nov 28, 2020, 1:28 PM

Just kidding. Don’t start in on me liberals!

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Nov 28, 2020, 3:18 PM

Excellent post, Spud!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic