Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In crunch time I found myself wanting KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

In crunch time I found myself wanting KB

Sep 9, 2018, 9:55 AM

in the game. I have felt like we would need KB and the defense to win this game. I have also felt that once we were past this game we would need to start getting 16 ready for the post season. 16 has the skills and KB has the experience. Both are valuable, but we saw last night we are going to need 16's skills to get our playmakers the ball. it's great to have both on our team. I don't know if we could have won last night with 16. He started to look a little shaky before we outnumbered KB back in. I also don't think we win natty with KB. Just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In crunch time I found myself wanting KB

Sep 9, 2018, 10:00 AM

Couldn’t agree more. I think the problem when KB is in the game, is the play calling. Coach Elliott seems to call plays much more conservative when KB is in. If Elliott begins to trust KB, then this offense can really open up and be really dangerous.

However, similar to Alabama last year, we’ve got a great talent waiting. If Clemson makes it back to the CFB Playoff, then Trevor Lawrence is an option. Not a bad problem to have at all!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God for KB...

Sep 9, 2018, 10:16 AM

TL didn’t have to have the pressure of having to pull out the win last night. That is a lot to ask of a true freshman. Now he probably would have figured it out, but if not, it could unnecessarily set him back to where second guesses himself for a while.

KB has been through all of this. He just put the team on his back and essentially said, let’s roll.

If not for the conservative play calling, it would not have been so close. I am praying Elliott is taking this as a learning moment.

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank God for KB...

Sep 9, 2018, 10:19 AM

Very good point! KB can only be as good as the play calling of Elliott. There were a handful of times where KB had opportunities to make a play downfield... and he did. KB2 impressed last night for sure!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, same here

Sep 9, 2018, 10:21 AM

He's the best option right now. Has the big game experience and doesn't make many mistakes. May not wow you all the time - but he's a pretty solid QB

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 9, 2018, 10:27 AM

I disagree when he is in there is why we are very conservative. He can't open the offense up unless it's running the ball. We have got to bite the bullet and play TL more or we will be just like last year. ACC is as good as it will get.

Sep 9, 2018, 11:41 AM

Last night was all hands on deck. You have to rely on experience at that point.

Not saying we don’t bring TL along each game so when we hit the end of year he is ready. We absolutely must do that. MUST.

What Elliott needs to do (as if I am someexpert here ??) is open the offense more while KB is in there and let him show he canor cannot get it done. Now, I can appreciate maybe you don’t do that in the middle of a fight for survival, but at some point that is what MUST happen. Just like they MUST get TL ready nowfor the end of the season.

Just think, if they open up the O and KB shows he is just great at it AND they bring TL along so he is rewarded too, then the O will look 200+% better than it does right now (provided the O line issues get resolved of course).

What in the name of Sam Hill is going on with our O line... they should grade out as a D-!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic