Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Executive order helping girls in sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Executive order helping girls in sports

Jan 22, 2021, 12:03 AM

If you identify as a female and you want to compete in sports you will no longer be discriminated against just because you were born with XY chromosomes. Gender no longer has anything to do with biology when it comes to sports.

Your mom was right, you can be anything you want to be.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/20/executive-order-preventing-and-combating-discrimination-on-basis-of-gender-identity-or-sexual-orientation/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Executive order helping girls in sports

Jan 22, 2021, 12:07 AM

Any girl that can beat out a dude at Defensive tackle deserves to play.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Balm has always wanted to cut off

Jan 22, 2021, 12:21 AM

his coccckk. Now he can and compete with the women he associates with the most. National Women’s High Jump record holder. TBalm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Balm has always wanted to cut off

Jan 22, 2021, 12:29 AM

Don't be Jelly I was NJ state champion in High Jump.

You have only bragged 1000x about a 30

Jan 22, 2021, 12:36 AM

year ago accomplishment. However you think taking drone pics is cool, so yeah, you are a nerd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you brought it up, I don't, and

Jan 22, 2021, 12:37 AM

I am way cooler than you, it is not even close. I mean it must suck being really dumb.

Re: you brought it up, I don't, and

Jan 22, 2021, 3:59 AM

He is so lost. Poor wife.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every Republican on this board is slowly turning into

Jan 22, 2021, 9:03 AM [ in reply to You have only bragged 1000x about a 30 ]

their champion, MiuraTiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 6:12 AM

The insanity no longer shocks me. I swear it seems like they wake up every day and try to top their last crazy act.

eminds me of Stanley ripping Michael from The Office

Jan 22, 2021, 10:33 AM

Are out of your ####, little pea-sized, mind. What is wrong with you? Do you have any sense? At all?

Do you have any idea how to run an office?

Every day you do something stupider than you did the day before.

And I think, "there's no possible way--

He can top that."

But what do you do?! You find a way, ######, to top it! You are professional idiot!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I really hope this issue gets before the SC.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:10 AM

This doesn't even seem like a conservative vs liberal issue. There are plenty of liberal women who are madashell about this as well, and rightfully so. It seems anathema to everything the feminist movement is about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really hope this issue gets before the SC.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:28 AM

We went from crazy twitter to crazy real world.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the problem with trying to splinter everyone into

Jan 22, 2021, 8:36 AM

micro-categories, like the left does so well. Eventually you're bound to start eating your own, as we're seeing in a few places now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the problem with trying to splinter everyone into

Jan 22, 2021, 8:41 AM

The party of tribes

the women identifying as males

Jan 22, 2021, 8:13 AM

won't have much of an advantage

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Jan 22, 2021, 8:34 AM

This just potentially doesn't go far enough. If a they wakes up one morning and feels all manly, they should be able to play on the men's team. The converse should be true. Non-binary folks have feelings too. For track, basketball, golf, soccer and tennis this may be the catalyst to form sort of an internal transfer portal for those whose sexuality is as fluid as mercury.

I am so thankful that Biden has addressed one of the most pressing issues of our day. Day 3 hopefully will bring more time spent on this and similar issues even though there are a lot of balls up in the air. No justice. No piece.

This doesn't really have any teeth.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:52 AM

Let's break down what it actually says.

"very person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports."

That's the part that's go everyone worked up. But it doesn't give a command or put a law in place; it says they SHOULD be...

This is a decision that will likely be left up to local school districts, state governments, and maybe Congress/Supreme Court. It should be left up to local governments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: This doesn't really have any teeth.

Jan 22, 2021, 9:17 AM

No teeth yet, but it will not stop with the EO. Read Section 2. Earlier the EO references equal protection under the law. The kumbaya part of this is fine and moral. However, addressing this issue on Day 1 to me is very revealing. This will not be settled at the local level. It may be years down the road, but this will end up in the federal courts and ultimately the Supreme Court.

I do think you're right.

Jan 22, 2021, 9:20 AM

Ultimately, one day, it's coming to Congress or the SCOTUS.

But IMO, the president shouldn't have his hands in it. Again, more evidence why EOs are usually not good. I think folks are attributing too much authority to this one, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Summary: "There is no slippery slope"

Jan 22, 2021, 9:37 AM [ in reply to This doesn't really have any teeth. ]

*Narrator*: "In fact, the slope was much slippery than expected.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nowhere is any of that insinuated but okay.***

Jan 22, 2021, 10:31 AM

Cata be like

Jan 22, 2021, 10:50 AM

I take myself

[ ] seriously

[x] extremely seriously

[x] must have the final word on everything

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last word. I win.***

Jan 22, 2021, 10:52 AM

Re: This doesn't really have any teeth.

Jan 22, 2021, 10:10 AM [ in reply to This doesn't really have any teeth. ]

More ignorance...

What this order does is enable the 10s of thousands of federal employees around the country to create policies and practices that THEY feel reflect this order. What does that mean? It means they will be interpreting this BS with maximum read on progressivism.

Trickle down liberalism, coming to a town near you.

This is (an example of) exactly why I hate the left. There will be no unity. This kind of BS is what is tearing the country apart.

Another example, Bed Bath and Beyond and others ditching My Pillow.

Can you libs not understand the cancel culture will come for you too, it's just a matter of time.

Or, for those who actually have reading comprehension

Jan 22, 2021, 10:30 AM

All that order does is have the president say "This is the way it should be" when it comes to kids in schools. It doesn't lay out any law or mandate.

Local school districts set these policies. Again, something intelligent people already know.

As for My Pillow, that's the free market. If you're going to be an idiot who visits the wannabe dictator to discuss martial law--especially when you have no business being in that conversation--don't get mad when people want to stop buying your pillows.

That's the free market in the face to you "conservatives".

It's a pointless EO that has no teeth. Back to civics class with you.

It would suck to be girl who worked her tail off her whole

Jan 22, 2021, 9:05 AM

life to win the State HS 400 meter and see all of that work go for nothing because some dude in a dress showed up at the Championships...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...this is a tough one for me. I will first say that I

Jan 22, 2021, 10:00 AM

fully support folks transitioning, identifying as gender neutral, gender queer, etc. And i firmly believe that folks are born the way they are born and I wouldn't want to 'penalize them' for that.

but I also knew plenty of girls that were bigger, stronger, faster than us at a young age and they opted UP and played with the boys at times (in rec league) because it was fair, challenging for them. But in school, they ultimately played on the girl's team and dominated. because they didn't have choice. Maybe their T levels were higher, but they didn't have anything to do with that. I mean, it just was.

But yet this feels ...backwards to me. I mean, we (women) acknowledge that there is a difference in girls/boys on the field. hence the separation.

What if it was all based on talent and ability, not gender. mean, making it all co-ed...if you can run this fast, jump this high, throw this hard...then you play here, otherwise, you play ---> over here.

Or may create 3rd co-ed group for whoever wants to play?

I honestly don't know the right answer and I don't have time to type out all my thoughts right now. that's it. I'm done rambling.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: Yeah...this is a tough one for me. I will first say that I

Jan 22, 2021, 10:11 AM

You are heading in the right direction. Just drive faster so you get there sooner.

What a solid response, wouldn't expect more from you.***

Jan 22, 2021, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Yeah...this is a tough one for me. I will first say that I

Jan 22, 2021, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Yeah...this is a tough one for me. I will first say that I ]

You know, if a 6' 2" anorexic who weighs 105 pounds looked at themselves in a mirror and thought "I'm fat", most of us would recognize that as mental illness. But not only are we supposed to ignore mental illness of gender confused people, we're told to condone and celebrate it. I for one will not. I think parents with girls in school sports should form their own leagues if the schools try to force this crap on them.

maybe we can also send the gheys to camps

Jan 22, 2021, 12:01 PM

and see if the gheyness can be removed

wait, I think that is already done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So one point I failed to consider is that these folks would

Jan 24, 2021, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Yeah...this is a tough one for me. I will first say that I ]

be taking hormones and that impact on their bodies is not insignificant.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: So one point I failed to consider is that these folks would

Jan 24, 2021, 8:22 AM

We’ve come to the point that we are deciding if boys should compete in girls sports. The fact that we even consider that says we have rotted as a society.

A) not all and not mandatory

Jan 24, 2021, 9:08 AM [ in reply to So one point I failed to consider is that these folks would ]

B) not insignificant but pretty far from an equalizer.

Re: A) not all and not mandatory

Jan 24, 2021, 9:11 AM

Exactly. Go look up the picture of the 2 “boys” crossing the finish line at the Connecticut girls track championship. The one on the left looks like a linebacker.

In HS I wrestled in the 195lb weight class.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:26 AM

(not well, mind you, but whatever)

Today I could say I identify as a 113lb weight class and have a blast wrestling all the girls there.

wait, wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: In HS I wrestled in the 195lb weight class.

Jan 24, 2021, 4:09 PM

If I went to a physician and said I identify as a one armed man, I wonder if they would surgically remove my arm? It amazes me that there are surgeons out there that would mutilate someone based on what someone thinks they are.

Message was edited by: p6fuller®

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic