Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Impeachment is a go.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1,036

Impeachment is a go.

Jan 8, 2021, 1:45 PM

The House will impeach him if he doesn't resign. It's official.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impeachment is a go.

Jan 8, 2021, 1:46 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12

Jan 8, 2021, 1:48 PM

days to go? Certainly will unite the country LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As soon as the articles are brought up for debate, Trump no

Jan 8, 2021, 1:49 PM

longer has pardon power.

Guess he better get to pardonin' then

Jan 8, 2021, 1:52 PM

Taking away his pardon power is obviously more important than continuing to poke at hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will not let him pardon himself. Shoot, he has a

Jan 8, 2021, 2:42 PM

handful of state and city cases with the city /state of New York that are going to hit him soon after he leaves the Presidency. Those cannot be pardoned by the Feds. He also has a ton of federal income tax cases, and those will not allow him to pardon himself.

He will also likely be named in several severe federal charges from the riot on Wednesday. This includes the killing of a Capital Policeman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe those people shouldn't build a cult around a psycho

Jan 8, 2021, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Guess he better get to pardonin' then ]

or take it personally when that psycho gets in trouble and has to face the consequences.

Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12

Jan 8, 2021, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

They're basically quarantining him.

Even if they don't get him, he's in the penalty box until the end of the game...which leaves Pence in charge, which I am completely A-ok with at this juncture. Pence just proved pretty definitively he's got the strength to stand up when he absolutely had to, anyhow, and that he's not intent on toppling America.

That's more than good enough, at least for the next 12 days.

But I think they get him. McConnell knows the GOP needs a hard, clean break from this a$$clown...without the specter of him looming large over the party in 2024 and everybody continuing to have to kiss his ring even if he doesn't run.

I strongly believe he will be removed.

Jan 8, 2021, 2:08 PM

He deserves to go. He incited a riot, but I think while it's justified, it is more prudent to leave him be as long as he doesn't do something else stupid. There's no telling what he might try if he is pressured and there is no telling what his most loyal followers would do if he is forced out.

We can do 12 days. He will never be relevant again in politics and he should be brought to trial for inciting a riot.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2023, 12:06 PM

Here's what I recall him saying......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKDAp-4Hhs8

He spent an hour telling BS lies about how the election was rigged. How the votes were illegal. The electors were illegal, and their certification in Congress was illegal. He then tells them we need to "take back our country", to "fight". He then instructs the crowd to go down Pennsylvania avenue to the Capitol.

He incited a riot. Period. He told them Congress was acting illegally, the election was rigged, asked them to fight, and told them where to go. It's the height of irresponsibility and is the effective end of his Presidency.

FWIW, he said he was going to walk with the crowd, then didn't. He didn't want any part in what he knew was about to happen. He never intended to go.

And yes, this was after Rudy's wonderful speech.

He can be booted with Article 25, or with impeachment, and there are grounds for each. But I'd prefer they just let him disappear instead of inciting more violence. I don't know what the requirements are for impeachment, but I know it generally can't be done in 12 days. I'm sure Congress can make it happen though. I'd just prefer they don't.

As for your dem argument, this is the United States Capitol. This was a joint session of Congress taking place. This wasn't the Atlanta Wendys, or some city streets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's what I recall him saying......

Jan 8, 2021, 3:02 PM

Go back and watch the video's, they are all over the media.

Jan 8, 2021, 3:31 PM

Many of the rioters were carrying large sticks as weapons to break widows to get into the Capital. They were overpowering policemen, and breaking into House Members offices where they damaged property and stole items.

The only good news out of all of this is Trump will not be able to pardon himself. He will be busy for years dealing with the numerous federal, state and City of New York legal cases waiting for him to the leave the Presidency.

In Trump's speech he told the crowd to go with him to the

Jan 8, 2021, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

the Capital, right after his son had said they were going "to fight". In addition, Giuliani said they were going "to combat"!

Shameful!!

Re: In Trump's speech he told the crowd to go with him to the

Jan 8, 2021, 3:13 PM

The impeachment will likely only be from the House

Jan 8, 2021, 3:38 PM

as there is not enough time for the Republicans and Democrats to come together. However, the House/Senate legal experts have said the riot at the Capital seals any chance he would ever have to run again.

The problem is that he definitely will do something stupid

Jan 8, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

again and there will be no arrows in the quiver to shut it down in a timely manner. When a dog is rabid, one does not wait to see intent before giving the Ol' Yeller treatment.

Jan 8, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

I'm sure there's plenty Washington snakes sweating what kind of classified info he might release on the way out. Doubt impeachment would stop that.

I dunno, the wishy washy voters are going to be guilted into

Jan 8, 2021, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

voting Democrat anyway, thanks to the barrage of media propaganda. GOP already has opened the vein on the left arm, going along with this probably just puts a bullet in their head. Much like the cops, they've pissed off everyone on both sides now.

Whatever, they've been a bunch of spineless do nothings anyway.

Jan 8, 2021, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

Hard to say

Jan 8, 2021, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

On the one hand, I agree with your clean break theory. On the other, I can see the GOP not wanting to officially admit they made a mistake and lay claim to the only president ever forcibly removed from office.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Hard to say

Jan 8, 2021, 2:35 PM

If they don't remove him, Trump owns the party until he dies. It really is that simple.

How many elections has McConnell already watched Trump lose for him? Trump lost him the Senate on Tuesday...and then followed that clean-sweep disaster (having already lost the presidency and House in prior elections) with a freaking coup attempt.

McConnell does political calculus, but he's also a ruthless SOB. And it is time and past time for the GOP to drum out Donald Trump...and incidentally, emphasize his own power and the power of the Senate.

Mind, I could still see a whole lot of Gerald Ford-type pardons coming from Mike Pence afterward, but impeachment? I think McConnell almost has to, at this point.

Jan 8, 2021, 2:38 PM

I think those are all really good points. I've just lost faith in McConnell doing the right thing vs. political strategy. He's a skilled politician. If enough Republican voters don't want impeachment, he won't do it. They lost a majority this election, but not by that much. It's easy to get back in 2022.

He may be playing a long game here because Dems will surely not let the GOP forget that they own the only president to be forcibly removed from office, and that the Pubs admitted they were wrong officially.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Jan 8, 2021, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Hard to say ]

Jan 8, 2021, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Hard to say ]

This is the time to try to calm the country and attempt at unity at least through lip service. This will deepen the divide and resentment. Really bad move if they care about unity as they say.

You know what would also be bad?

Jan 8, 2021, 2:41 PM

If Trump tries another stunt like Wednesday to overthrow Congress.

Re: You know what would also be bad?

That’s not going to happen. Dems now have full power. For the calm of the nation just let it drop

Pretty obvious they do not

Jan 8, 2021, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Hard to say ]

Re: Pretty obvious they do not

Jan 8, 2021, 2:46 PM

Good grief I had not heard that?? At this point they just appear mean to a lot of people.

I can see impeachment articles passed by the House and

Jan 8, 2021, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

held for the Senate to break the glass in case of emergency. Otherwise it would just ride out until the inauguration. Passing the House though would prevent any further pardons from Trump, so he might want to get cracking on those here pretty soon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

House Democrats are really that stupid

Jan 8, 2021, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Well that seems totally necessary given there's what, 12 ]

as are the sheep that follow them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Just no. Nothing substantial to be gained, and simply

Jan 8, 2021, 2:34 PM

not worth it. What is it, a week and half? Don't throw any more gas on the fire, for God's sake.
Let everybody just chill out for a few minutes. Maybe declare a national emergency and expedite a month's supply of Valium for all Americans, I could get behind that. At some point we need everybody's blood pressure to get below 400/180. The current situation is not healthy. And I smoke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: No. Just no. Nothing substantial to be gained, and simply

Jan 8, 2021, 2:43 PM

Dead on dark side. We need to lower the temperature several notches and get to the 20th.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. Just no. Nothing substantial to be gained, and simply

Jan 8, 2021, 2:49 PM

Nope.

You make stupid choices, you win stupid prizes.

This was an insurrection. I don't care if his hard-core loyalists are upset. I'll tell you this as simply as possible: hard-right-wingers respect authoritarians and strength, and they respond to strength - and sorry, often only to strength. If you try to placate them after an insurrection you're just inviting another one.

Heads have to roll, and examples have to be made. And DJT is the foremost head that needs to wind up in that metaphorical basket - fortunately for Donald metaphorical, because a lot of eras (and in a lot of places still on Planet Earth today!) it would literally be there after what he just pulled.

You make your peace after the heads have rolled, or we're doing this again next Wednesday. We're not to the peace-making stage yet.

I don't know man, I could certainly be wrong... but I think

Jan 8, 2021, 3:02 PM

letting him ride off into the sunset might be best, all things considered. The very last memory most folks will have is his mealy-mouthed, semi-apology of what happened on Wed. Just let that marinate. No need to elevate him into martyrdom, which is how his hardcore cult will see an 11th hour impeachment. Just let him die on the vine, so to speak...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Yes! More meaningless nothing Burger

Jan 8, 2021, 3:23 PM

From the House

Will Nadler crap himself again?

Jan 8, 2021, 3:36 PM

There was no riot.
- Nadler

Fine. Spend the peoples money. The senate will not even

Jan 8, 2021, 3:40 PM

bring it to light.

This will come back to haunt the dems. They should be looking forward, not back. Then again, they're hate Trump idiots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Would keep him from running in 2024 by law, and again...

Jan 8, 2021, 3:56 PM

The Republicans should be the ones pushing this if they want to win in 2024 (because Trump for sure is going to try and run) and save their party.

Jan 8, 2021, 3:59 PM

i thought unity was the plan going forward

guess they lied

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 4:11 PM

How about unity against Trump?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 4:31 PM

why waste time/resources

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 4:00 PM

The House Dems would be very stupid to make any move against Trump at this time ... but they are pretty good at always over-playing their hand. If they were smart ... and that's a huge stretch ... they'd just let the clock run out. My GOD ... it's 11 days. If, however, they attempt to impeach him, they will make him out to be a martyr to millions and millions of his followers ... and just further divide an incredibly divided country. They'd best be careful! They still don't really understand that, as a populist, Trump has paid attention to and given a voice to millions of "deplorables" who are not geniuses, but who have little or no choice but to go to work and make the U.S. tick while the elitists are able to work from home, send their kids to private schools (many of which are actually open) and continue to collect a paycheck. These "deplorables" would be the farmers and farm workers, the fishermen, the meat packers, the truckers, the grocers, the clerks and cashiers, the UPS/FedEx/USPS delivery folks, the trash collectors, millions of (real) small business owners, etc, etc, etc, who the elites look down their noses upon. If these folks ever really understood exactly how important they are, and struck back in response to an impeachment attempt with a strike, the ruling and elite classes would become quite desperate w/in about 72 hours and the U.S. could collapse. Short of that, the snobs might gain some insight on how fragile their way of living is, and have a better understanding of exactly how dependent upon Trump's "deplorables" they actually are. In short, the Dems would do best to leave well enough alone and just let the clock run out on Trump.

Jan 8, 2021, 4:11 PM

I agree with everything you said except maybe one thing. Some of the “deplorables” are indeed geniuses or at least pretty dang smart. Some of the smartest people I know are in that deplorable category. I won’t claim to be smart because that sounds egotistical but I do have the tee shirt that says “I am a deplorable”. It’s 4 years old now though. Might be time to wash the car with it.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1,036
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic