Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are Skalski and Turner back for one more season ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Are Skalski and Turner back for one more season ?

Jan 3, 2021, 8:34 AM

Experience can only help the D

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are Skalski and Turner back for one more season ?

Jan 3, 2021, 9:05 AM

why not. They aren't going anywhere and they can go to grad school.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:15 AM

Personally I’m ready to see the younger guys. That’s one of the most exciting parts of following a college football team. I wanna see who’s going to emerge at LB! I think our back ups at LB are very talented and have a higher ceiling then Spector and Skalski. They just need reps and playing time.

These guys saying Skalski and Turner shouldn't

Jan 3, 2021, 10:42 AM

Come back must be Coots.They are our most consistant players on our defense and both will make good pros.

I doubt either returns. I think Turner has a shot at

Jan 3, 2021, 12:11 PM

being drafted. Skalski is not likely to be drafted, but he could be signed as a free agent. I think his lack of speed will hurt him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the alternative?

Jan 3, 2021, 9:19 AM

Travel Europe? Sell Insurance? Coach JV somewhere?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JoinTnet?***

Jan 3, 2021, 9:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a job and move on with life.***

Jan 3, 2021, 9:56 AM [ in reply to What's the alternative? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Get a job and move on with life.***

Jan 3, 2021, 10:35 AM

Exactly, if the 4 or 5 star LB's we have coming in are no better than the starters then it does not bode well for moving to the level of a top tier SEC or OSU team. The current group is not going to get any taller or faster and its been a sore spot all year. Can't think of a smaller group of LB's at any of the top tier schools and none of these will play at the next level. I welcome the idea of everyone coming back to further their degrees, but blocking PT for younger and more talented players won't help the end result. There are many other roles within the team that they can play as has been done for many years as an alternative.

an extra year of big time college football would be

Jan 3, 2021, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Get a job and move on with life.*** ]

much more rewarding than an extra year at some post college job

Jan 3, 2021, 10:32 AM

Wouldn’t mind skalski but Turner got torched twice for TDs when he came back in. I thought his presence would help second half but it didn’t. I’m ready for some new blood personally. I don’t know why we didn’t see some Bentley in the game. I love how hard he plays!

Jan 3, 2021, 12:26 PM

I know I'll be called a Coot because anyone who doesn't mindlessly praise everything about our football team is accued of being one. I think our lack of athleticism on defense was exposed against Ohio State. I like Turner and Skalski, but the reality is they're not elite athletes. We need to get faster and more athletic in the back 7, so it is my preference that we go to our more athletic younger guys that we've recruited.

Jan 3, 2021, 12:29 PM

Turner will stick around and become a GA for Swinney at some point, and eventually a coach on this staff, that is a given. I see no reason why Skalski would not come back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 3:59 PM

I wouldn't mind Skalski coming back but we better have a quality backup ready to go, which we never managed to achieve this season, because the odds of him ever finishing a playoff game again are between slim and none.

Jan 3, 2021, 4:07 PM

Define "quality backup" for Skalski at the risk of being called a "coot". ;)

Jan 3, 2021, 4:09 PM

I’d love to see both back but if Levonta Bentley isn’t playing more than Jake Venables next year, words won’t describe my anger

My take is Skalski and Turner can help more as GA's

Jan 3, 2021, 8:49 PM

after giving NFL a shot. Do they have NFL speed? I doubt it but hope I'm wrong.

But Trotter and faster, younger LB's did not come to Clemson to watch Skalski earn his doctorate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 8:55 PM

Our defense has too many unathletic white boys...this coming from someone who is white. Would like for Skalski to come back but I have concerns on his health and ability to play a full season...Turner can move on...He’s not needed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 3, 2021, 9:22 PM

Skalski isan extension of Venables on the field. He is rarely out of position and while he has likely peaked, I still would love to have him back. As to losing Turner.. who in the back 7 has been better? DK? Goodrich? Please dont say Zanders. Turner .she All American and people act like he was a scrub. And some of those times he appeared to he beaten, no telling what his role was on the play and if someone else dropped the ball. Plenty of that was seen in the first half and clearly cant be blamed on Nolan Turner. I for one would love for them both to come back but we will see.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m with you, I want to see what LaVonta Bentley

Jan 3, 2021, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Are Skalski and Turner back for one more season ? ]

can do playing MLB. I got a chance to see him vs Virginia Tech and was highly impressed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic