Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m watching a replay of Maryland vs. Indiana from 2002.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,536

I’m watching a replay of Maryland vs. Indiana from 2002.

Mar 20, 2020, 8:43 PM

Observations:

1. It was a really good game.
2. I miss Gary Williams coaching. He was a great one.
3. Mike Davis has fallen a long way, from being Indiana’s coach then to Detroit Mercy’s coach now.
4. I forgot how much of an a-hole Billy Packer seems to be. He comes across like such a jerk. Don’t miss his announcing at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I went to the semis of that Final 4. It was here in Atlanta.

Mar 20, 2020, 10:40 PM

My dad and I sat by the nicest lady Indiana fan. I really expected Oklahoma to beat Indiana that night, but Indiana won. The Indiana family was so nice, it was fun pulling for the Hoosiers along with them. We were not at the finals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m watching a replay of Maryland vs. Indiana from 2002.

Mar 21, 2020, 12:06 AM

Packer was the biggest Wake ###### Canoe.
Hates all not WF. No love loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry but that was not a great game...

Mar 21, 2020, 6:48 AM

I grew up and was a huge Terps and that game was the culmination of so much frustration and so many close calls under Lefty and Gary.

That game was raggedy on both sides and it was a shame because Maryland had played great in just about every game up until then. They should have blown that Indiana team out but I think they were a bit overconfident. Until then, they had played and beaten the highest seeded team possible. If you want to see a great game, watch the UConn v Maryland game. Caron butler v Juan Dixon. Now that was a great game.

I enjoyed it and thought it was a great game.

Mar 21, 2020, 1:34 PM

Lots of good college players on both sides, including Dixon, Blake, and Wilcox for Maryland. I agree that it wasn’t one of Maryland’s best, but the Big Ten network obviously thought it had value or they wouldn’t have been airing it last night.

I wish the Terps had stayed in the ACC. As an original ACC member, it was a shame to lose them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m watching a replay of Maryland vs. Indiana from 2002.

Mar 21, 2020, 12:33 PM

indeed, i was glad when Packer retired

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic