Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any drone pilots/hobbyists in the lunge?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Any drone pilots/hobbyists in the lunge?

Feb 24, 2021, 3:19 PM

looking at acquiring said toy, so feed me with some good (or bad) ideas about which one, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drone "pilots" are dooshybags***

Feb 24, 2021, 3:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I will request a name change to

Feb 24, 2021, 3:21 PM

Father D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: drone "pilots" are dooshybags***

Feb 24, 2021, 3:52 PM [ in reply to drone "pilots" are dooshybags*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had one of the early DJI's and I think I crashed it too

Feb 24, 2021, 3:22 PM

much because the camera completely died on me. It was fun but I have yet to replace it. It seems like all the brands are caught up to the original few now and everyone seems to have good battery life. But i would say spend more now for features like crash avoidance. KMS wishes she had.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIL got me one for Christmas a few years back

Feb 24, 2021, 3:28 PM

DJI Mavic Pro. Crashed it the first time I flew it. Used it about 10 times total. Its in a drawer somewhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Any drone pilots/hobbyists in the lunge?

Feb 24, 2021, 3:39 PM

Guy at a hotel next to a bar I was at was flying one over the bar's outdoor deck area, provoking folks with it (like getting really close and obviously recording video). I almost nailed it with a rock but missed by about 2 inches. Said rock then hit the windshield of a car in the parking lot. A $300.00 rock will never mean the same thing to me as it does to a crackhead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a DJI Mavic Mini

Feb 24, 2021, 3:51 PM

I fly it quite a bit, I think I've got around 70 flights now. I'd recommend that for someone just getting into it since you don't have to register it with the FAA, etc. Anything over 250grams is subject to regulations.

My complaints are that it's too small to fly in heavier wind, and range, but other than that it's been fun. You won't start reaching it's limits until you really start flying a lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when he had a battle rap with Young MC?***

Feb 24, 2021, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fly my drone skraight to ya dome, mic drop fixna go home***

Feb 24, 2021, 4:08 PM

Got more rotors than Airwolf, G, so level ya gyro an don't eff wit me

Feb 24, 2021, 4:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm flyin 2.4ghz, get in my zone ya face gon be on t-shirts***

Feb 24, 2021, 4:32 PM

Been looking hard at the Mini 2

Feb 24, 2021, 5:35 PM [ in reply to I have a DJI Mavic Mini ]

awesome looking for the price.

Still, am thinking about taking the unmanned pilot license exam, more to learn the rules as much as get licensed.

I'm thinking get in touch with......

Feb 24, 2021, 6:05 PM

Tigerbalm1®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

anything DJI makes

Feb 24, 2021, 8:48 PM

they are light years ahead of the other drones. , the Mavic mini as Lbum mentioned is probably the best bang for the buck for what you get. I also recommend using an Ipad, iPad mini for your display. I'm not a fan of Apple products myself, but for some reason, the DJI drone works the best with them. A used Ipad mini will go for about 100 on ebay. Cheap tablets or phones with slow processors are not a good option here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I just gave my iPad mini away.

Feb 24, 2021, 8:55 PM

I will try my iPhone 11 Max and see how it works (it is so #### big.).

The new Mini 2 looks amazing for entry unit, and they are coming out with a new FPV model in March.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic