Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson announces online start to fall classes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson announces online start to fall classes

Jul 22, 2020, 3:25 PM

Clemson announces online start to fall classes

Clemson University announced a new plan for the start of the 2020-21 academic calendar on Wednesday. The school is still planning on welcoming students back to Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson announces online start to fall classes

Jul 22, 2020, 3:42 PM

Soft

Jul 22, 2020, 3:48 PM

And this will likely change again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Suspect Fall 2020 will end up online in its entirety?

Jul 22, 2020, 4:19 PM

With classes now tentatively scheduled to start on Sept 21 and end at the Thanksgiving break from my recollection, it doesn't make a lot of sense for students to lease apartments or travel from out of state for essentially a little over a 2 month potential classroom experience. I am very pro mask, pro physical distancing within reason, but am somewhat skeptical about this decision as the students almost universally are able to handle a COVID infection well. Professors based on their age and health risks would have to make a decision to teach or not. Students returning home would have to stay clear from parents and grandparents for a bit potentially upon returning home unless enough testing is available to clear the students.This is not an easy decision and I'm sure was not made lightly. I do not have all the facts that Dr Clements has, but on a state basis, I don't see why we are abbreviating education while keeping bars open. That is not a great comparison, but if kids can't mingle at school, I don't see why it's ok to do so at bars. We will eventually get back to normal. Our country has had far worse days, but the times are very frustrating.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure off-campus students are responsible for rent

Jul 22, 2020, 4:22 PM

starting in about 10 days (if they haven't started already this summer) and will be every month regardless of what the school does

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% true...my check for August rent is already in the mail

Jul 22, 2020, 9:33 PM

Kiddo plans on moving in on August 8th because of Sorority obligations, but that will probably change as well.

Not really an issue for professors

Jul 22, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Suspect Fall 2020 will end up online in its entirety? ]

They are generally well beyond 6 ft from the students (when teaching) and can wear a mask themselves and ask the students to wear a mask for any office visits.

There's one thing driving this - fear. The fear for some place like Clemson is a student testing positive and getting hospitalized or dying OR exposing a relative who gets hospitalized or dies. I know and you know it would be next to impossible to prove how and wear someone caught the virus, but we all also know that logic and reason have no place in personal injury litigation.

Jul 23, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson announces online start to fall classes ]

Clearly another unfortunate nail in the coffin for the season that has been on a "Vent" for months. Starting online (note to someone above - the semester is not shortened - just the hopes for some in-person experiences) is really the only choice that can be made now. Yesterday, the new Top 10 of new cases included SC, NC, GA, TN, FL and LA with cases an order of magnitude higher than they were when we went to virtual education in the spring. Why you keep bars open and schools online only is another question but not independent of the question of bringing students back. We all know students will not socially distance or wear masks when not in class.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 3:52 PM

DHood has already said this will impact the football team and they won't start on time - appears 9/26 is earliest date he is speculating.

keeps on getting better for the class of 2020

Jul 22, 2020, 3:58 PM

my son will not be pleased. Hopefully this is the right decision

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: keeps on getting better for the class of 2020

Jul 22, 2020, 4:00 PM

WELL AS YOU KNOW "IT IS FOR THE GOOD OF THE CHILDREN". WHAT BULLSH!T. THE CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS THE ONES THAT GET SCREWED.

####

Jul 22, 2020, 4:00 PM

####
####
####
####
####
####
####

^^^ Underrated post!

Jul 22, 2020, 9:20 PM

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 4:05 PM

Pathetic

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I read the email they sent.. I looked but the was no delay

Jul 22, 2020, 4:09 PM

In paying the bill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I read the email they sent.. I looked but the was no delay

In paying the bill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I read the email they sent.. I looked but the was no delay

Jul 22, 2020, 4:13 PM

and, I am sure, no reduction in the tuition due !

So when will football start?

Figure it will be without fans if they start early September?

Jul 22, 2020, 4:44 PM

Just another step towards canceling the season.

One benefit to the delay for those who live here

Jul 22, 2020, 4:50 PM

There is one benefit to those of us who live here in Clemson...One more month of less traffic and more parking places with a lot of the students still at home.
I sure do miss the students...but I don't really MISS the students.

WHAT I MISS IS THE SPORTS...Baseball and softball having seasons cut short was sad. And we still wait on the news about football season......................................

SPOT THE DANG BALL!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One benefit to the delay for those who live here

Jul 22, 2020, 5:16 PM

Parking where? Downtown? What's back open now besides a few women's shops?

Jul 22, 2020, 4:58 PM

I’m glad I’m not the one making this call. Feels like a lose-lose situation no matter what. What good does a delayed start do only to reopen when virus is still rampant?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 6:28 PM

If you are worried about getting the virus, use a face shield rather than mask, shields protect you from others while masks are 'supposed' to protect others from your. Look at Zverse web site for lite weight shields, I got 2 and am pleased and they are made is SC

Jul 22, 2020, 6:52 PM

For students this won't matter. 90% of classes can be done remotely and zero will change from normal. Half of college students don't go to every class anyway, especially Freshmen year when everything is done online (and I was a freshmen 17 years ago, so I can only imagine how it is now).

This is obviously bad for football. Zero chance football is played while they won't even bring non-athlete students on campus

Jul 22, 2020, 7:52 PM

To say this is just plain stupid would be a massive understatement. However, with the decisions made this summer by those same people, it's pretty much par for the course.

Bull ####.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:18 PM

C'mon guys. What is up with this? We have to get back at it and soon.

Go Tigers!!!

Re: Bull ####.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:53 PM

Spoke with a teacher friend of mine tonight who said that teachers in Spartanburg County were told today (yet to be disseminated to the public) that an "A-B" system will be used - half the students will attend in person on Mon. and Wed., the other half will attend on Tue. and Wed., Fri. is an "e-learning" day for all students. Sounds like it makes sense, but we'll see how that works....

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic