Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this

Apr 9, 2019, 2:57 PM

cycle.........that tells you all you need to know about where we are with some highly regarded 5* recruits who were at the Spring Game.

https://twitter.com/harrison_tenzer/status/1115657719934062592

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this

Apr 9, 2019, 3:10 PM

Just wow!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 3:12 PM

I doubt that is true!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is 100% true.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:15 PM

The staff already knows who it wants/has at DE and LB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Apr 9, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this ]

No, it's true:
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/04/08/football-recruiting-mt-juliet-reggie-grimes-releases-top-six-choices-247-sports-alabama-crimson-tide/3408256002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Volnation's reporter is reporting this straight from the kid

Apr 9, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this ]

!!!!!! Doubt all you want.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:14 PM

Time will tell. Would be one heck of a class if true and remarkable era in CU football history!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 3:15 PM

Player may have wrote that wrong.

But I would assume putting us in his top 10 doesn't make a bit of difference, has the player even visited? Did we offer him? Otherwise why you trying to slow play us? I'm sure our coaches told him if he is really interested they would make room for him otherwise look elsewhere.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:16 PM

Player is probably correct and telling the truth. He did visit and we have offered. But we just have better players on our board that we are very confident for.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this ]

Also this kid has 7 CBs to Bama, we aren't even on the list.

Check around before guessing

Apr 9, 2019, 3:21 PM

Volnation is also reporting this ,hoping that Pruitt's relatioship with RG's Dad can pull him.

Re: Check around before guessing

Apr 9, 2019, 3:24 PM

Well hopefully we pull our other targets in then. I just would assume that if someone is really interested in us we would make the effort to pull them in!

With only 14 Seniors,it's gonna be hard to squeeze in

Apr 9, 2019, 3:27 PM

the 20-24 that they want to take.

Did you even read his quote?

Apr 9, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Word is, we're telling 5* recruits that we are full for this ]

What on Earth are you rambling on about? If he was slow playing us why would he say “they told me they’ve already fill their needs”? Use an ounce of common sense

Re: Did you even read his quote?

Apr 9, 2019, 4:57 PM

I didn't misunderstand his tweet, but unless he was willing to commit right now, he is technically slow playing us.

Does this mean Burch is a Tiger?***

Apr 9, 2019, 3:23 PM

Re: Does this mean Burch is a Tiger?***

Apr 9, 2019, 3:26 PM

It may be more of a reflection on Breese and Murphy.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Stuff like this doesn’t help our cause one bit

Apr 9, 2019, 3:42 PM

1) It makes it look like we’re turning kids away without knowing all the details

2) It puts an unnecessary spotlight on any silent commits who may not be ready to go public just yet

False.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:46 PM

Stuff like this shows that the staff is honest and upfront with recruits. It is the kid who released this information, not Clemson. And it doesn't indicate silent commitments, just that we are confident in our targets.

Re: Stuff like this doesn’t help our cause one bit

Apr 9, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Stuff like this doesn’t help our cause one bit ]

Apparently we were recruiting him as a linebacker. That means they must like and feel confident they are going to get one of Flowe, Smalls, Sampah, and Webb. Which will most likely be sampah. Its still a strange phenomenon though. He's probably gonna end up at Bama though.

What it puts a spotlight on is the character of the athlete

Apr 9, 2019, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Stuff like this doesn’t help our cause one bit ]

who tries playing a bunch of schools and slow-dancing to see how many teams he can accumulate as recruiting trinkets. Then he gets turned down by one and panics, followed by confirming his self-adulation by putting out a list of his top six in order to keep any more of his "favorites" from filling all of the spots he could fill. This is incredible stupidity and narcissism to think he can get 6 top teams to dance to his music until he decides to favor one of them with his services and leav the others at the altar.

Some of these kids are real head cases and I hope we don't mistakenly sign one.

I'm sure 16-year-old you would've handled it all so much better***

Apr 9, 2019, 4:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure 16-year-old you would've handled it all so much better***

Apr 9, 2019, 5:03 PM

Yes, I would have. I will never forget the poem my father posted above the toilet in his hardware store where I worked as a young man, so I would read it every time I went to the bathroom. It was by the famous sportswriter for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Grantland Rice:

For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He writes not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

I have never, nor will I ever... forget that advice. I lived it in sports and later in business and still do in life. Many of us here could do worse than to heed it.

dude, it's the adults hanging around to heap praise or

Apr 9, 2019, 6:19 PM

condemnation on these young men that cause their over-evaluation of themselves... too many sports "fans" get all schizophrenic about the behavior and actions of teenage football players, so please don't forget that the One Great Scorer gives strikes against "judgement"... which just might be a definition when one's opinion condemns others as a "headcase"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, being aware of possibilities is not the same thing

Apr 10, 2019, 9:32 AM

as condemnation. If condemnation occurs, it will be because he confirms it through his actions - not mine or that of anyone else.

Being aware of possibilities is a habit of mine..... a habit that has served me well in my life. People who worked for me and were fired were not condemned by me - they condemned and fired themselves because they knew the rules and chose not to follow them - so that was on them, not me. Same thing in circumstances like this. If a commit or recruit or player becomes a head case, it's on him - he condemns himself. A case in point we all know would be Martavis Bryant. He knows the rules, but chooses not to follow them.

A few years back, I was the first to point out on this board that maybe there was a problem with Nkimdeche and his family. That consideration met with tremendous criticism on this board and drove my silly pulse thingy down to near nothing, as others did not share my lack of enthusiasm at the time for what I saw developing as dishonesty in behavior. It was fairly amazing to watch public opinion shift as suspicion and reality converged and came home to roost.

I'm not saying that DJ is at that point and I hope he's not - just that he appears to be getting close to the line in being caught up in the adulation. I respect his father a lot for trying to drag him back behind the line. My question is one of wondering how much of this is going on that we don't see, for his father to be so vocal about the one thing we did see.

Frankly, I didn't sense that there was a problem with him signing autographs until I thought about his father's reaction to it and wondered what would cause him to go off like that. If I knew that, I don't think I'd have any reaction to his tweet about May 5th. It's the sum of the circumstances that raises my antenna and I hope his future actions satisfy my curiosity and he has a great career at Clemson.

It helps it a lot. We can't take everybody. And it lets

Apr 9, 2019, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Stuff like this doesn’t help our cause one bit ]

everybody know that we're the program everybody wants to play for and if they want to be part of THE elite program in the country, they better not dilly dally in their decision.

The quote from the article specifically says LBs

Apr 9, 2019, 3:53 PM

Nothing about DEs. I understand he played DE in high school but it seems like we were looking at him as a potential LB.

Clemson, the defending national champions, had let him know that it had the linebackers it needed for next year's signing class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The quote from the article specifically says LBs

Apr 9, 2019, 4:44 PM

Not all the young men Clemson recruits decide to be a Tiger, no matter how high on the Clemson recruiting board or how badly the staff wants that player. And the same is true for young men who want to play for Clemson. It works both ways and both have a choice that they must make.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic