Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm still in disbelief that Florida only dropped two spots.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

I'm still in disbelief that Florida only dropped two spots.

Oct 13, 2019, 3:13 PM

Any other top 10 team, in any other conference, would’ve dropped more than 2 spots for losing by TWO TOUCHDOWNS. Ridiculous.

The SEC bias really is disgraceful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm still in disbelief that Florida only dropped two spots.

Oct 13, 2019, 3:15 PM

More disbelief that they were or are a top 10 team. I’ve watched them in 2 games this year... auburn and LSU and that is a bad football team period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you watched them beat a top 10 team at home

Oct 13, 2019, 3:19 PM

and play a top 5 team close on the road and your big takeaway is that Florida is a bad team? I guess people just see whatever they want to see.

Re: So you watched them beat a top 10 team at home

Oct 13, 2019, 3:25 PM

and play a top 5 team close on the road and your big takeaway is that Florida is a bad team? I guess people just see whatever they want to see.

Make no mistake about it... Florida is not a good team and LSU’s defense is tremendously overrated!

Oct 13, 2019, 5:29 PM

100% agree. I said the same last night. LSU defense is suspect giving up 28 points. FL’s offense is not good outside of their RB Perine. FL’s LB’s are terrible... I think our D would punish LSU and our WR’s would own their secondary.

Make no mistake about it... Florida is not a good team and LSU’s defense is tremendously overrated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to So you watched them beat a top 10 team at home ]

I watched them barely beat Miami. And then I watched Kentucky give that game away. If UK had a FG kicker they would have won.

Oct 13, 2019, 5:09 PM

And I assume you watched Clemson barely beat UNC right?

GO TIGERS

Oct 14, 2019, 7:25 AM

We barely beat the team that beat the team that beat the 5 time defending national recruiting champion.

Oct 14, 2019, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: So you watched them beat a top 10 team at home ]

Florida is a better team with this QB. We could really use some FSU help with UF at year end, I think.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to So you watched them beat a top 10 team at home ]

Florida is maybe top 15 to 20. They are a bad team for their ranking.

Who you putting in front of them?

Oct 13, 2019, 3:17 PM

Florida is properly rated IMO.

Any non-SEC top 10 team that loses by 14 would drop more

Oct 13, 2019, 3:19 PM

than 2 spots. Heck, we've dropped two spots recently for WINNING.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Any non-SEC top 10 team that loses by 14 would drop more

Oct 13, 2019, 3:32 PM

media playing the weak ACC and strong SEC game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida is top 15 at best

Oct 13, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Who you putting in front of them? ]

Very pedestrian offensively

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oregon is pedestrian offensively. So is Auburn.

Oct 13, 2019, 3:28 PM

So is Michigan. Most teams outside of the handful at the top have flaws. That's why they aren't title contenders. It doesn't mean they can't be top 10.

Actually winning and losing should matter.

Oct 13, 2019, 3:36 PM

Unfortunately, results doesn't seem to matter if you're in the SEC. SEC teams lose and it's a "good loss" against a "tough opponent."

I'm not sure what Florida has proven this year, or in any recent seasons, to warrant the assumption that they are a top 10 team.

Florida is ranked this year because of hype and the fact

Oct 13, 2019, 4:23 PM

that they are in the SEC. They did absolutely nothing to deserve a top 10 ranking to start the year. They were a 3 loss team last year that was returning with a pedestrian QB. Where you start in the rankings does matter, and influences where you are ranked for the entire season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree with what you say about Florida going into the

Oct 13, 2019, 5:26 PM

season and i too thought they were overrated at the time. They've swayed me in the 7 weeks since then. I think they are ranked pretty close to where they should be as i can't really make a solid case for anyone behind them being better.

Re: Actually winning and losing should matter.

Oct 13, 2019, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Actually winning and losing should matter. ]

So which teams behind Florida have proven they deserve to be ranked higher?

I agree, Judge! Let'em keep winning, Then my dream scenario

Oct 14, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Actually winning and losing should matter. ]

is they get beat by FSU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one is comparing Michigan to Florida

Oct 13, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Oregon is pedestrian offensively. So is Auburn. ]

Michigan has been abysmal against OSU/Spartie and Wisconsin under Harbaughs watch. They suck against any team with a heartbeat. Heck, SC beat them. Doesn’t change the fact Florida is way overrated. I think SC will beat them.

If the teams behind them also aren't good then how

Oct 14, 2019, 8:50 AM

are they overrated? This isn't an incredibly difficult concept here... in order for Florida to drop other teams behind them have to be better than Florida.

9 Florida (6-1) 7 SEC 1,041
10 Georgia (5-1) 3 SEC 995
11 Auburn (5-1) 12 SEC 985
12 Oregon (5-1) 13 Pac-12 906
13 Utah (5-1) 15 Pac-12 729
14 Boise State (6-0) 14 Mountain West 716
15 Texas (4-2) 11 Big 12 672
16 Michigan (5-1) 16 Big Ten 648

Those teams behind them seem to have plenty of issues of their own and none of them have beaten a team as good as Auburn. Who are you sticking your neck out for on that list? I think some of those teams are comparable to Florida, but none of them are definitively better and Florida has a better win (Auburn) than most of them. Ironically, Georgia probably has the best case to be 9th ahead of Florida since they've largely been dominant outside of their trash performance against SCar and they have the best win out of anyone in this group (#8 ND).

Re: If the teams behind them also aren't good then how

Oct 14, 2019, 7:42 PM

What stands out to me in this list of teams #9-16,is they they are probably all pretty much equal, but the three highest in this group are all SEC teams!

Oct 13, 2019, 3:21 PM

UGA only dropped 7 spots after a loss to a bad SC team. WF lost to a 4-2 Louisville team and fell from #17 to out of the top 25

We dropped two after winning, one being a close game to the team that beat the coots.

Oct 13, 2019, 3:46 PM

The media bias is delicioso and will motivate the hell out of our team. We are in the best position possible to win it all again.

Oct 13, 2019, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm still in disbelief that Florida only dropped two spots. ]

Does Wake have a win over a top 15 team like Georgia does?

Oct 13, 2019, 8:48 PM

Does Clemson have a loss to a middling .500 team with a third string QB and a below average coach? If so, you think they would still be top 10?

Clemson is the defending National Champs with a perfect record and have dropped two spots in the last two AP polls. Florida lost by 14 @ LSU and only dropped two spots. We keep winning and drop two spots

I understand the facts probably confuse you, but it amazes me how some of you guys buy into the SEC mantra

Message was edited by: gville76

Oct 13, 2019, 8:59 PM

Last I checked we’re ranked ahead of both Georgia and Florida and have been all season so I’m not sure what point there is in comparing our ranking to theirs.

BTW, we dropped from #2 to #7 when we lost to Syracuse 2 years ago so history shows that yes, we would stay in the top 10. Let’s ignore facts though and continue to whine.

Why wouldn’t we be ranked above two one loss teams?

Oct 13, 2019, 9:52 PM

If you want to ignore the SEC bias that’s on you. It’s alive and well. Not overly concerned because Clemson will take care of business and be in the CFP once again. However, if we are to drop a game you think we get the same consideration as a one loss SEC team?

Is that 1 loss SEC team the conference champion?***

Oct 14, 2019, 8:59 AM

Oct 13, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm still in disbelief that Florida only dropped two spots. ]

You still didn’t address my original post about Florida only dropping two spots after a 14 point loss and Clemson winning their last two games and dropping two spots.

What you got ?

Message was edited by: gville76

Is 7 spots an unusually small drop to you?

Oct 14, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still in disbelief that Florida only dropped two spots. ]

That seems pretty normal to me. For comparison:

In 2016 Clemson lost at home to Pitt and fell just 2 spots in the AP Poll and the CFP rankings.

In 2017 Clemson lost on the road to Syracuse and fell 5 spots in the AP Poll and 6 spots in the Coaches poll.

The time of year matters. Teams are clustered more closely together early in the season and begin to separate later in the year so a loss in the first half of the season is going to cause a team to drop more spots than a loss late in the year. Clemson's loss at Cuse in 2017 happened around the same time of the season as Georgia's loss to SC and against a similar quality of opponent.

Re: Is 7 spots an unusually small drop to you?

Oct 14, 2019, 10:23 AM

You can throw the 2016 rankings drop out the window.

That was the same weekend that:

#3 Michigan lost to Iowa
#4 Washington lost to #20 USC
#8 Texas A&M lost to Ole Miss
#9 Auburn lost to Georgia

The funny thing? Michigan didn't drop at all, we fell below them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judge, I don’t believe disbelief is your true belief

Oct 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

I believe you are just pizzed off.

Perhaps it will help to explain it better if you just remember these are MOST of the same voters who gave the Heisman to Lamar Jackson and not Deshaun. When I ‘accept’ that, it is totally clear.

Like Dabo said this past week (sic) “When Deshaun Watson wasn’t awarded the Heisman, then the polls/voters are no longer relevant to him.”

Fortunately for us (thus far), the CFPC has given our Tigers their due. And (I believe) we will prove them wrong AGAIN come January!

hth?

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oh, I believe it. Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Oct 13, 2019, 4:31 PM

The SEC is openly and shamelessly promoted by the most powerful sports media outlets in the country, and the sheep follow right along. Their prideful ignorance and bias is on display for all to see. It's a beauty contest, and they decide what's beautiful and what's not, and the ignorant masses gobble it up. No mystery here. It's a rigged, crooked deal.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 13, 2019, 7:10 PM

Texas only lost to LSU by ONE TD, so maybe Texas is really better than Florida, even though Texas had to play OU and lost.

The SEC bias is way too obvious.

Oct 13, 2019, 7:41 PM

Texas also played LSU at home while Florida played at LSU.

If you're in disbelief over that, wait until LSU loses to

Oct 13, 2019, 8:20 PM

BAMA and drops NO spots. The ESPN SEC spin machine is at full revolutions now, Anything is possible, except a precipitous drop by any SEC team. Shoot, if the Coots beat Florida next week, they may jump into the top 10 with a 4-3 record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 8:38 PM

These type of posts always seem to get made with no suggestions as to who else should have moved ahead of the team in question.

One reason Florida only moved down 2 spots is because Georgia moved behind them.

The next team down is the Auburn team Florida beat last week. The #12 team is the Oregon team that lost to Auburn.

At #13 is Utah with a loss to un ranked USC. Then there’s Boise. So which teams should be ahead of them?

Re: I'm still in disbelief that the SEC...

Oct 13, 2019, 8:44 PM

...continues to get away with stacking the Pre-Season Polls with half of their conference teams in the Top 15 EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST DECADE!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder how many spots Clemson would have fallen for the

Oct 13, 2019, 8:58 PM

same loss?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 8:54 AM

I am surprised they didn't move up due to the fact it was a "good loss" to the SEC powerhouse LSU.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic