Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m starting to hate Virginia Tech basketball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I’m starting to hate Virginia Tech basketball.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:21 PM

We never seem to play well against them. I always feel like we are better than they are, but we somehow find a way to play poorly against them.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they have a good coach. They already beat Villanova this year, so this wasn’t a bad loss by any means. But what are the odds that we have pretty much everyone have a subpar game on the same night?

We will learn from this and get better.

At least our mascot isn’t a freaking turkey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m starting to hate Virginia Tech basketball.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:26 PM

How did that former Wofford coach get away? Right in Clemson's backyard. Certain that some of those were Wofford players that transferred with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d rather have Brownell than Young as our coach

Dec 15, 2020, 11:31 PM

but I do think Young is a good one. He will do a good job at VT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 16, 2020, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m starting to hate Virginia Tech basketball. ]

Mike Young is a Virginia native. I think that was a big part of why he left Wofford. Family/parents in Virgina.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:28 PM

TU for the mascot mention.right there with the md turtles and the whittier college poets,my all time fav.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 15, 2020, 11:51 PM

I think this team may be a bit tired. They will bounce back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't even start with the excuses

Dec 15, 2020, 11:53 PM

this is ALLL YOUR fault! What were YOU thinking getting everyone's hopes up AGAIN, only to see them dashed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't even start with the excuses

Dec 16, 2020, 12:07 AM

Oh, here we go!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't even start with the excuses

Dec 16, 2020, 12:54 AM [ in reply to don't even start with the excuses ]

That was a pretty strong comeback those guys done in the last 5 minutes of the game to come up a couple of points shorts. I say a couple of point bc, the foul in the last seconds where they went up by 4, it was a foul that had to be made, and the worse part of it was, we fouled their best FT shooter, I think he is 85% from the line!!! Ouch!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope springs eternal....***

Dec 16, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to don't even start with the excuses ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 12:05 AM

For me, it might just be the ACC. Admittedly, I didn’t watch the entire game (just some of the first half and the last 10 minutes). The times I did put it on I knew it was ACC season. Who has more fouls? Clemson. Who’s shot more free throws? Not Clemson. Ok, I get it, it’s ACC basketball season again. When does Swofford retire again?

I’m only partly serious. Agree that it seemed everyone had forgettable plays and played down. This season is going to be a ton of fun.

Go Tigers!

Dec 16, 2020, 10:41 AM

We missed free throws.

We had more than one long scoring drought.

That's happened in every game and it's made games where we were up by 10 exciting, but when you are tied or down and go on a scoring drought, you end up down 10+.

and then there's the late rally to make things close.

This game was more like the games the last couple of years which is why the jury is still out on this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were a tired team. This was our third game in seven days.

Dec 17, 2020, 12:18 PM

Plus, we didn't have Tyson.

None of these are excuses, as we certainly had plenty of bodies and should've executed better. But I would like to see us play VT with similar rest, not with us having a game a couple of days before and VT having a longer break.

I expect to see us learn from this and bounce back just fine. This team has the grit of prior Brownell teams, but more talent and depth.

Dec 16, 2020, 12:48 AM

I know we say a lot that the Refs were putting themselves to much into a game, but I believe that would fit pretty well in our game with VT today!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 5:53 AM

Virginia Tech had a week to prepare for Clemson, Clemson only had three days to prepare for Virginia tech. I think that was a big factor. But they are a good team. I was really impressed with Radford. I think he was the kid that had the incredible dunk where he was fouled. He’s left-handed and dunked with his right hand and he’s only about 6-2. Crazy

Dec 16, 2020, 6:55 AM

We need to stop playing the Hokies to begin the league games. They gave us our first loss last year too! I hope BB settles on a lineup to use it close games. Experimenting is tough Especially on the road.

"Starting"? I've never really cared for them in any sport.

Dec 16, 2020, 7:31 AM

I can't think of a better team to beat besides, the coots and the irish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've always been kind of neutral to me.

Dec 17, 2020, 12:19 PM

Not true anymore.

Dec 16, 2020, 7:39 AM

I've never understood why a school would want an entree as a mascot.

Dec 16, 2020, 7:42 AM

yep thy are one who is always going to be a tough opponent for us it seems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know right

Dec 16, 2020, 9:26 AM

can’t wait until we play other acc schools that we have an overall winning record against.

wait...

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I’m pleased with the play this far. I’m anxiously awaiting my opportunity to eat crow. However,

Dec 16, 2020, 2:55 PM

We have done well non-conference before and then the ACC was too much for us. I’ll marinate my crow a little longer first . . .

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 3:01 PM

I don't know about other years but it seemed to me, while watching the game, that the reason we were playing "down" had something to do with VT. Just like when Purdue and Maryland played down against us, it had something to de with Clemson's defense.

Also, VT was getting much easier shots and were dominating the paint; usually a good sign of which team is more likely to win. Our interior defense was not doing the job, and this may be a continuing issue against teams that have a strong inside player - unless we start double teaming them (?).

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic