Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sorry folks - but that WAS a touchback!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I'm sorry folks - but that WAS a touchback!!

Sep 5, 2019, 10:34 PM

In last year's game @ A&M. #1 Davis had the ball knocked out by K'von right at the pylon. Clearly enough of the ball was over/inside the pylon & that's a touchback - Tiger's ball. Even worst case - it was CALLED a touchback on the field and not enough evidence to overturn. Also, Jimbo cursed the officials FAR worse than what they flagged Saban for last week. Should have been an unsportsmanlike on Fisher.

Noticed it last year, but dozens of "no-calls" on A&M blatant holding all night in that game.

Even after the final Aggie TD - it was K'von again who intercepted the 2-point conversation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry folks - but that WAS a touchback!!

Sep 5, 2019, 10:39 PM

I agree. I was at the game in the Clemson corner. The play was directly in front of me and I said it was a touchback when I saw it.

K’von knew there’s only one way to shut them up

Sep 5, 2019, 10:40 PM

Intercept the Conversation!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 10:41 PM

No doubt K'Von Wallace saved the day that day.Sure glad he is back for his Senior season this year as he is a huge asset to the Tigers Defense.

Only thing less important than score at half.........

Sep 6, 2019, 12:08 AM

what happened last year.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 2:12 AM

a few corrections-

1) he lost the ball at the 2.5 yd line, NOT the pylon

2) the pylon is out of bounds- it is only considered in bounds when the ball is IN POSSESSION of the runner/receiver
when it touches or passes over

3) the ball was approximately 18-24” from the sideline when it came loose at the 2.5 (you can verify by seeing where it is in relation to the side hashmarks

4) if you find video that shows where ball
landed, and connect a straight line from point of fumble, you’ll see theres no way in Hades
the ball can pass into end zone in bounds.

5) ref with the better view called it fumble
OOB initially, before being over-ruled. I think that was the better call- to not penalize a
team unless it was clear- then let video replay
determine and call it a touchback if so.

6) In any event, we’ll have our chance
to make all things right with the
world! :)

Sep 6, 2019, 4:50 AM

The pylon is actually in the end zone, not out of bounds. That play was called right, and then upheld by replay. Definitely a touchback and Clemson rightfully came away with possession. The only blown call (or no call) on the play in question was the missed unsportsmanlike on Jimbo afterward.

Sep 6, 2019, 12:42 PM

The pylon is in the end zone but is considered out of bounds. A player who touches a pylon is out of bounds. A ball that touches the pylon is out of bounds behind the goal line.

Sep 6, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry folks - but that WAS a touchback!! ]

I watched the game again last night like most of us here. My take:

The ball may or may not have been out but there is no replay that verifies it either way due to the angles. However it was called on the field is how it was going to stay. It was SEC refs in the replay booth and they couldn't overturn it. If the receiver holds onto the ball then its a moot point.

Keep in mind... that drive was to tie the game (not win it)... IF they scored from the 2 also got the 2 point conversion. That's not a given considering how good Clemson was at goal line defense last year. Assuming the conversion was good.. the ensuing Clemson drive would have probably looked a lot different if they were trying to score vs trying to run out the clock. You can't make a logical assumption that A&M would have scored and had a chance to get the ball again. A&M got extremely lucky on the TD pass on the next drive. The video replay shows the A&M lineman pulling our defender completely by his collar and the pass should have been intercepted or incomplete. It was a freak accident that it popped up into the receiver's hands. It is what it is... none of it matters now.

How can a ball possess a runner/receiver?***

Sep 6, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry folks - but that WAS a touchback!! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic