Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Dabo

Dec 21, 2015, 3:42 PM

With Dabo winning another award today I think it's an appropriate time to post about this. We're so lucky to have such an amazing coach as Dabo. I know a lot of people want to criticize him for how he dresses or some of his calls, but I have full trust in his decision making at all times. I was lucky enough to be in New York last weekend during the Heisman and stood at the exit as the coaches and players walked out. When Dabo exited the building he had the biggest smile on his face and high fiving people even though his player didn't win the award he was just happy to be there, but when Nick Saban walked out he was scowling as if he had just lost. We're very lucky to have a coach who keeps things in perspective and who isn't uptight all the time. I'm ready to see what this team has for the Sooners! Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo

Dec 21, 2015, 4:00 PM

You got that right YoungTiger23

Dec 21, 2015, 4:10 PM

Dabo's the $hit! No doubt.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 4:31 PM

You're about 99% right here. I would rather have Dabo than any other coach in the country. He is turning Clemson into the model program that all other football programs should aspire to be like. That being said I still wish we would take a few more deep shots down the field and go for it on 4th down a little more often. Math is math and math says you don't punt once your past the 50 if you need less than 5 especially when you have Deshaun at QB and all that talent at WR and RB. I'm really hoping we are willing to play a little less conservative in the playoffs.

Dec 21, 2015, 4:32 PM

Yeah, that conservative play has really hurt us this year.

HTH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 21, 2015, 4:39 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/upshot/4th-down-when-to-go-for-it-and-why.html?_r=0

Like I said, math is math. You can't make numbers lie. It hasn't lost us a game yet but we also have our 2 toughest games still to play. Just because almost all coaches play conservative doesn't make it right. Also when your talent is far better than average (especially when you have the best qb in the nation) your odds of converting are even better than the average stats show. HTH

Dec 21, 2015, 4:43 PM

I trust the undefeated national COTY to make the right calls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 4:47 PM

It's quite annoying that tigernet pounces on any dissenting opinions. wehaulusc was just making some points and he backed it up with numbers. It's a football forum, you don't have to get your panties in a twist when another opinion is stated.

Dec 21, 2015, 6:19 PM

And likewise I'm free to disagree with those opinions if mine differs.

Dec 21, 2015, 6:45 PM

No doubt! I won't hate on you for having a different opinion. I just may try to debate you. I do wonder if you looked at the link I provided. It's a very well written article about why you should go for it on 4th down and provides lots of statistical analysis. If you keep an open mind while looking at facts your opinion could change.

Dec 21, 2015, 7:42 PM

It's a great philopsy till the first time you go for it, don't convert , and lose a game because of it. Then everyone would be arguing what a bone head move it was instead of citing articles about how it was statistically the right move to make.

Dec 16, 2015, 11:43 AM

But that's the entire point... you are playing a numbers game. It doesn't guarantee you will win, just that you will probably win that particular scenario. It's called Expected Value and if you have an edge in something, it will work in the long run.

Dec 22, 2015, 1:01 PM

I just want to sit around and play poker with all the people who don't think you should ignore the probability and statistics. I could quit working altogether.

Re: Dabo***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:38 PM

Dec 22, 2015, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

Dec 22, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

Dec 21, 2015, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

He could have started his own thread to make his point. Doing it in this thread detracts from the Praise and Kudos and Laud that is deserved by Dabo and was being displayed in the thread. He may have a point but he made it at the wrong time thus others took exception to it.

Dec 21, 2015, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

Eh, don't get me wrong. The man is my role model. I hope my son grows up to be just like him. There is still no such thing as a perfect person in this world even if Dabo is the closest you will ever find. He's been taught and trained to believe conservative play is the way to go. I believe if you want to get ahead sometimes you have to take risks and do things a little different especially when the numbers support the risks.

Dec 21, 2015, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

But you know math is math #s don't lie. There is at least one know it all blow hard that knows more than Dabo and the other coaches for every thread. Lol
What ya think? Merry Christmas!

Dec 21, 2015, 10:18 PM

I think you are right that I should have started my own thread on the subject which I will do now. I also think that you have absolutely nothing backing your argument except calling me a know it all blow hard but that must be because I did research and formulated an opinion whereas you didn't need to because you already knew.

Dec 22, 2015, 11:01 AM

I apologize if I offended you however generally when someone jumps a thread that is paying a compliment to someone I generally assume they think they know more than the coach that was being honored. Truly though I am sorry for offending you. Now I will look for your post on punts to discuss that issue with you.

Dec 21, 2015, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

I can get on board with this, but with this caveat: our punt and punt coverage is not the best, so teams usually get good field position on us anyway. If we had a punter like Utah has that pins people inside their 5, I would not agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really hoping we're 15-0 after the playoffs. Can't

Dec 21, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo ]

improve on perfect. Forget the not punting hint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm really hoping we're 15-0 after the playoffs. Can't

Dec 21, 2015, 6:10 PM

Lol, I'm not sure why I would expect anyone to agree with me. It's like my friend I like to discuss politics with always says to me "I already got my mind made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

Re: I'm really hoping we're 15-0 after the playoffs. Can't

Dec 22, 2015, 8:10 AM

Using your theory, would our record be any better ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree w you 110%.***

Dec 22, 2015, 5:04 AM

Dabo is good but not a legend yet. Let's go win it all!!***

Dec 22, 2015, 8:26 AM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

I tried to make a Dabo Tree above ^^^ Merry X-mas***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:41 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic