Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just so we are clear, Congress took 10 months
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 509

Just so we are clear, Congress took 10 months

Dec 21, 2020, 11:16 AM

and got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to decide that $600 is enough for the american people to get through this crisis.

Of course, only after Republicans demanded that 3 martini lunches was covered.

At the same time many of our reps and senators who spent months parroting the line that COVID is a hoax are now jumping to the front of the line to get the vaccine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

If you have a family of 4 that's $2,400.***

Dec 21, 2020, 11:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenr's strat finally paid off?***

Dec 21, 2020, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yep, i'm jealous now.

Dec 21, 2020, 11:20 AM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God #### I love this country

Dec 21, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to If you have a family of 4 that's $2,400.*** ]

Money GIFs | Tenor

Seriously though, why not at least what we got previously? Is stuff cheaper now?

Most other countries have auto payments every month. Can't do that. Got to make sure Wal-mart meets their quarterly billion profit mark

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s like you’re in a time warp.....

Dec 21, 2020, 11:22 AM

You’re the old guy sitting around the table at Hardee’s pontificating non-stop, but you’re in your 30’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Channeling my grandfather

Dec 21, 2020, 11:25 AM

that was his retirement.

Go hunting that morning, eat breakfast at Hardees, go fishing, then go back hunting that evening.

I'm ready for that.

$3k baby!!!! Rollin!!!!!!

Dec 21, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to If you have a family of 4 that's $2,400.*** ]

I haven't spent a penny of the first check. If I need that money, I will be beyond broke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $3k baby!!!! Rollin!!!!!!

Dec 21, 2020, 12:22 PM

Tiggity,

You might spend it in support of some of your local businesses that you want to see survive.

And the multiplier effect would help the economy overall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you have a family of 4 that's $2,400.***

Dec 21, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to If you have a family of 4 that's $2,400.*** ]

beef,

over 10 months that is $240 a month.

Can you please add the last checks sent out?***

Dec 21, 2020, 12:20 PM

Re: Just so we are clear, Congress took 10 months

Dec 21, 2020, 11:24 AM

https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1340824713359187968?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this means that I can deduct fast food lunches while

Dec 21, 2020, 11:27 AM

traveling, that can add up to a free STEAK DINNER or better by year's end. Insurance carriers won't even let us take them out to eat or wine and dine them anymore. Been the HR/Corporate trend for 10-20 years now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Just so we are clear, Congress took 10 months ]

I think people are looking at this wrong.

Dec 21, 2020, 11:40 AM

The $600 is a stimulus. It's not an aid. The aid is the unemployment, the money to businesses, things like that. A stimulus is for stimulating the economy by encouraging more spending. It's not about "need".

I can see that point. I will also add that a stimulus

Dec 21, 2020, 11:43 AM

should be enough that people don't just throw it in savings because it's not significant enough to spend anywhere.

Of course those that are struggling will use it on needed items like food and housing.

But you're missing a large section of the bell curve that will take the $600 and put it in savings when if it was a larger amount they would be too tempted to spend it on other items.

Remember the $60 stimulus checks that Obama sent out during the recession. Was a complete failure because it was so low nobody used it. They just stuck it in savings and it didn't stimulate anything.

I'm not saying that it will work, to encourage spending

Dec 21, 2020, 11:46 AM

I'm saying that's the intent with "stimulus" money. It's not saying "this is what you need to live through the pandemic".

I know mine will go directly into paying off hospital bills and some credit card spending related to making a nursery.

Re: I think people are looking at this wrong.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I think people are looking at this wrong. ]

Prod,

I agree, but you know much of those $600 checks will be spent to aid many Americans to survive these conditions.

Considering many folks don't need the $600

Dec 21, 2020, 11:59 AM

I can understand why they debated the merits of it, and tried to figure out who is most needy. Many folks still received full salary and holiday bonus this year with no $$$ impact from covid.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:04 PM

There should be zero stimulus for the masses. This reinforces bad behavior and lack of individual responsibility. Have some freaking rainy-day savings and do some planning people!

Do you feel the same way about all the corporations

Dec 21, 2020, 12:06 PM

benefitting from the package?

Why can't they save for a rainy day? Why does big business need the government to bail them out?

Re: Do you feel the same way about all the corporations

Dec 21, 2020, 12:31 PM

Yeah, billions of $$ in profits and no savings for tough times ?? What's up with that ?

Dec 21, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Just so we are clear, Congress took 10 months ]

NC,

I don't disagree with you basic thought, but the working poor often can't make ends meet, much less save for a rainy day.

And what would you do for those who can't or don't - kick them to the curb ?

This year has been an extraordinary set of circumstances, many of them beyond individual control. i don't think reaching out a helping hand to people now will encourage bad habits going forward.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:19 PM

Coach,

the other problem with this amount (other than the callous disregard for working Americans) is that this will drastically slow down the economic recovery for the next couple of years.

Replies: 23
| visibility 509
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic