Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock Will on the radio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Gamecock Will on the radio

Aug 17, 2019, 8:08 AM

Poses the question, "When Bama and Carolina play this year who will the Clemson fans pull for?"
The bigger question is who will the Gamecock fans pull for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock Will on the radio

Aug 17, 2019, 8:21 AM

??

There has never been a game on their schedule that I was pulling for the Coots***

Aug 17, 2019, 8:32 AM

I'm not a coot fan but there are five teams I'd rather see..

Aug 17, 2019, 8:11 PM

lose if they play the coots. ND, Michigan, OSU, USCw and Texas. Either of those five can suck out loud and end up ranked in the top ten. In fact, they all suck out loud when the get on the big stage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 8:54 AM

Hahahaha Big + 1

Aug 17, 2019, 9:03 AM

He actually asked that? Wow - is he that stupid? CLEMSON fans do NOT pull for Gamecocks, ever. Do Gamecock fans know he asked something like that? Oops, my bad. I used "Gamecock fans" and "know" in the same sentence.

Plus we don't really have anything against Alabama

Aug 17, 2019, 9:11 AM

just respect

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plus we don't really have anything against Alabama

Aug 17, 2019, 10:55 AM

Right. We own them.... we also own Usuck too. The SEC sux. We own them. Auburn, LSU . A&M did I miss anyone?

Aug 17, 2019, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock Will on the radio ]

While I don’t pull for them, I would kinda chuckle if they upset georgia

Aug 17, 2019, 9:04 AM

I have titled the game as the Parker Lewis bowl. Back in the early 90s there was a teen comedy on TV called "Parker Lewis Can't Lose." Since the Coots count every Bama victory as also theirs, then after Bama beats them the Coots will still count it as their win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EASY answer for me. ROLL TIDE!

Aug 17, 2019, 9:20 AM

I would never want the Coots to have even their 15 minutes of fame for beating Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would rather beat a 14-0 Bama team. Coots don't matter

Aug 17, 2019, 9:28 AM

It is just as satisfying beating a 0-11 coot team as it would be an 9-2 team or whatever their best record has ever been when they played us.

That 15 minutes has lasted 9 years for them.

Aug 17, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to EASY answer for me. ROLL TIDE! ]

They still talk about that 2010 game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: That 15 minutes has lasted 9 years for them.

Aug 17, 2019, 4:27 PM

I heard a “literally” 12 yr old clucker fan bragging about that game in the past few months.

Re: That 15 minutes has lasted 9 years for them.

Aug 18, 2019, 1:48 AM [ in reply to That 15 minutes has lasted 9 years for them. ]

How many times have they talked about the 2003 63–17 game with Tigers in the end zone through out the entire game. The game where our mascot had to convert into a tag team to make it through all those push ups!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: EASY answer for me. ROLL TIDE!

Aug 18, 2019, 1:38 AM [ in reply to EASY answer for me. ROLL TIDE! ]

BIGGG IFFFF the coots was to beat Bama, that would drastically degrade our accomplishment of beating Bama in the National Championship game, and that would cause other big time programs to question our validity of being the #1 team in the country!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it won’t really matter

Aug 17, 2019, 9:30 AM

I just wonder if Alabama will beat them by more than UVA did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, it's kind of a moot point

Aug 17, 2019, 10:03 AM

The better question is "can the coots keep it close?".
Probably a tougher question is who to pull for when the
Gamecocks play UGA or when they play North Carolina. I
hate UNC, but they're in the ACC, so there's that.

Re: I agree, it's kind of a moot point

Aug 18, 2019, 1:40 AM

I hate both UGA and the Tar Heads, but not as much as I hate the coots, and it ain't even close!!!

Aug 17, 2019, 9:39 AM

I wonder how many gamecock fans will be wearing their Bama gear or wear combination of both to that game? It's one of those games they can go home happy no matter the result.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hottest selling item of the day

Aug 17, 2019, 9:44 AM

Aug 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

Pull for? Hayull, I won't even know it's happening. Why would I care about that clusterpluck?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

waterboyII said:

Poses the question, "When Bama and Carolina play this year who will the Clemson fans pull for?"
The bigger question is who will the Gamecock fans pull for.

Easy answer. Clemson fans will pull for Clemson.

i kno i pull for the tigers and whoever is playing the coots***

Aug 17, 2019, 11:26 AM

Torn between A) Giant sink hole or B) Injuries or ....

Aug 17, 2019, 12:13 PM

C) Something politically correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy.....Roll Tide!***

Aug 17, 2019, 12:18 PM

Re: Easy.....Roll Tired!***

Aug 18, 2019, 12:21 AM

Fixed it for you.

This is obviously hypothetical, but the Coots could be playing a game and

Aug 17, 2019, 12:41 PM

with a Coot win, Clemson would get into the playoff...in this made up scenario, I would still be rooting against the Coots.

I would think, 'hey, the Tigers should have played better earlier.'

Plus, getting into the playoffs with assistance from the Coots would feel so cheap and dirty.

Now, we all know it's nearly impossible that would ever happen, but if it ever did, I would still be rooting for them to lose by 70.

yeah except they would be so butthurt about it, it

Aug 18, 2019, 11:12 AM

would make it worth while. Kind of like Catch 2 and the push off whine

Aug 17, 2019, 1:20 PM

Alabama vs UofSuC I will not be pulling for anyone, but would prefer that Bama win. As for UofSuC vs the Ankle biters, I would like to see a blimp wreck at midfield.

Aug 17, 2019, 1:30 PM

I don't see UNC on 'bamers schedule. Not sure what the caller was talking about.

Deep in the average SC fan's gizzards.....

Aug 17, 2019, 8:11 PM

..they will be pulling for a Bama win by about 21 points; that way they can claim a moral victory, and they know Bama is about the only thing that can stop Clemson from a 4th Natty.....

I think the majority of coot fans will be like...

Aug 17, 2019, 8:26 PM

During the game.

~JKB

Roll Tide***

Aug 17, 2019, 10:32 PM

What's there to pull for when you already know the outcome***

Aug 17, 2019, 11:43 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 18, 2019, 1:22 AM

I'm going to be pulling just as hard or harder for the team the coots pulled for when we played Bama, well maybe not as hard bc you want catch me ever wearing Bama gear and pretending that I'm a 100% Bama fan as the coots do!!!

Ha ha. Awesome.

Aug 18, 2019, 1:50 AM

This is a can't lose game if there ever was one.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamecock Will...

Aug 18, 2019, 7:23 AM

Who did they leave their one ACC Championship tophy too?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may not be popular, but I'd rather Bammer lose

Aug 18, 2019, 9:38 AM

I hadn't thought about this until now. Since they both can't lose... I guess it would benefit us more if Bama lost. Since they are more of our rival when it comes to recruiting (and winning championships). Then, we can stomp the lamecocks in November. Win-win...

Aug 18, 2019, 11:07 AM

People that say they have other teams they'd rather see lose if said team were to play the Gamecocks has to be young. No way is an experienced Clemson fan ever going to mutter the words "I'd pull for the Gamecocks if" in their life. My lips couldn't even form the words. I'd give some examples of horrible things I'd pull for over the Gamecocks but something tells me I'd may go to jail for murder afterwards with a few of the "fans" on this site after their brains would explode.

Aug 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

The only time I will root for the Coots is against Ooglie. They were our true rivalry from the Mid 70's through the 80's. The annual angst between Vince and Danny was always present. People do not remember that we played the Curs every year and early in the season. If Game Day had been around then, they would have been there quite often. If Morrison had lived, he might have brought the rivalry back to the fore earlier. The Hatfield years helped to reduce our Cur fixation with his bad management of our program.

Aug 18, 2019, 11:50 AM

The host should have asked who this silly Willie pulled for in the nattie. Then he should have asked who he pulled for in the 3 previous Tiger/Bama playoff games. Then the host could ask his callers who they would pull for.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic