Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney responds to Dave Doeren's facilities remark: "Buildings don't win"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney responds to Dave Doeren's facilities remark: "Buildings don't win"

Aug 5, 2018, 8:01 AM

Swinney responds to Dave Doeren's facilities remark: "Buildings don't win"

Dabo Swinney knows that Clemson has the best facilities in the Atlantic Coast Conference, but he isn’t shy about reminding anybody that asks that the Tigers won the National Championship before the completion of the Reeves football complex. Photo by Rob Kinnan / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the feeling Dabo REALLY doesn't like Doeren

Aug 5, 2018, 8:18 AM

He seems to get along with or at least respect the other ACC coaches but Dorean has more than once made comments about our integrity and Dabo don't stand for that

Re: I get the feeling Dabo REALLY doesn't like Doeren

Aug 5, 2018, 8:21 AM

Well, that's one thing Dabo and I have in common!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 8:51 AM

As sorry of a representative of Wolfpack football as Dorean is, he is not NEAR the turd Reed was back in the 80's or Holtz in the 70's...but he is getting close

Aug 5, 2018, 9:17 AM

Not much to like about DD. He whines about a laptop instead of addressing really poor fan behavior. He runs right along with his star player patting him on the back as he spits on the opponent’s logo at midfield. And that was just last year. The culture he promotes is 180 degrees opposite of Dabo and the Tigers. This is one team I hope we keep our foot on the pedal and stomp right into the mud. No mercy for this guy.
GO TIGERS!!!! 27 DAYS!!!!!!

Aug 5, 2018, 1:37 PM

I think Dabo realizes dd's poor character and he doesn't stand for it. From the towel stealing, to the dirty hits. His players lack morals and resemble what their coach stands for. I personally hope we dominate them with another 41 to 0 win like we did a few years ago. Wolfpack=Coots of the acc. Terrible fans and coach.

The dude is a legit #######***

Aug 5, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to I get the feeling Dabo REALLY doesn't like Doeren ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCStank: the Coots of the ACC***

Aug 5, 2018, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I get the feeling Dabo REALLY doesn't like Doeren ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doeren is the A. H. here..Dabo likes anybody who is a decent

Aug 5, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling Dabo REALLY doesn't like Doeren ]

human.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling Dabo REALLY doesn't like Doeren ]

Dorean is a jerk. N.C. State has had no class or integrity since the departure of Mike O'Cain.

I don't know the man so I souldn't

Aug 5, 2018, 9:11 AM

judge. But just for fun I will. To me he comes on kinda like a pr!ck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have a huge problem with what he said..

Aug 5, 2018, 9:19 AM

we do have better facilities and they have come close to beating us.

He did compliment our team while kinda sticking up for his players too. That's just what coaches are supposed to do.

Having said all that, I hope we shut his a$$ up this year by dominating them. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't have a huge problem with what he said..

Aug 5, 2018, 9:22 AM

I agree. These might be some of the most reasonable comments I’ve heard from this guy. And that’s not saying much.

Aug 5, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I don't have a huge problem with what he said.. ]

In this instance the writer is trying to create more friction than his own writings warrant. Entirely reasonable observations by a coach that seems to some anyway, hard to like. But here he is on target, and Swinney is responding appropriately, which he almost always does. Let's face, if there was a story there it was weeks ago when the writer gathered it.

Aug 5, 2018, 3:42 PM

No doubt. The guy seems pretty dooshy, but in this particular instance, I don’t find his comments at all derogatory towards the Tigers or Coach Swinney.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Player's that steal towels aren't

Aug 5, 2018, 9:32 AM

Winners.

We’re your huckleberry....

Aug 5, 2018, 9:37 AM

That’s just our game.

Game circled now “under the radar” Game
Manager coach.

I’d love for our defense to break the 12 sack record against their nfl QB.

Glad Dabo's staying grounded

Aug 5, 2018, 9:37 AM

I remember Tommy Bowden thinking a lot like Doeren. We had to build the WEZ to draw better players, then we would win. Then when we got better players, we fed them the ball all day long (Spiller, etc.). And then Tommy was gone.

Enter Dabo. He didn't care about facilities. He cared about coaching and winning. With WHAT WE HAD, he got us winning more and more games, THEN the facilities followed. Now we have the better facilities, and we feed a walk-on WR (who everyone seems to not respect in coverage) the ball to win the NC.

Dabo gets it. Build a program and culture and the wins will come. With the wins, comes the facilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad Dabo's staying grounded

Aug 5, 2018, 10:10 AM

I also like that Dabo doesn't rest on his laurels. They have made it to the top, but I think he said something like we have to get there again, it's not a given, or something similar. He's always looking forward and saying, yes we have that and that, but we still have to do this and this. I like that about him.

Re: TNET: Swinney responds to Dave Doeren's facilities remark: "Buildings don't win"

Aug 5, 2018, 9:48 AM

Doeren’s backhanded compliments are irritating and disappointing. I’d prefer he knock it off with the cutesy garbage and speak his mind, like a man.

Dave Doeren is a whiner

Aug 5, 2018, 9:51 AM

...and if he doesn't get that facilities don't win championships he never will.

I hope NC State hangs on to him for a long time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doeren’s building alright...

Aug 5, 2018, 9:58 AM

Building a reputation of being a whiny, pouting, infantile, dirty play encouraging coach.

What a stain on the conference he is.

Laptops win championships....

Aug 5, 2018, 10:01 AM

Just sayin'.... :D

Re: Laptops win championships....

Aug 5, 2018, 12:04 PM

that's why is stay by mine all game long. I'm constantly sending plays to Dabo and telling him what Dave says on TV

Re: Laptops win championships....

Aug 5, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Laptops win championships.... ]

Butt...…………. stealing towels do not !! :)

Re: TNET: Swinney responds to Dave Doeren's facilities remark: "Buildings don't win"

Aug 5, 2018, 10:15 AM

Well, he might not have the facilities, but at least he'll never have to worry about a towel problem.

Doeren wouldn't know what to do with the facilities

Aug 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

...even if he had them. I hope we pulverize them this year.

Aug 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

I don’t disagree with Doreen. About the only thing I credit Tommy Bowden with is beating the facilities drum and putting the wheel in motion to end up with what we have today....football is won by players; players like nice facilities. Facilities don’t win games, but you have to have better than average to compete!

Every time I read Dave Doeren quotes...

Aug 5, 2018, 10:18 AM

This plays in my mind.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w

~JKB

i don't care what the money line is on that game.......

Aug 5, 2018, 10:35 AM

i am loading up on us because we are going to beat the living $#!t out of them.

Aug 5, 2018, 10:39 AM

Just for that we are going to curb stomp nc state this year. The last 2 years have been close. However, this year won't.

Aug 5, 2018, 10:42 AM

The Coots of the ACC

Aug 5, 2018, 11:16 AM

Playing the victim will never win games.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:16 AM

Aug 5, 2018, 11:17 AM

Dirty Dave’s at his best.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:23 AM

When asked a few years ago what was the highlight of the Clemson loss he says “well, we knocked their tailback out”. That’s class.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:30 AM

I didn’t take anything wrong with what Doeren said about the facilities. They are having to build a program with less support financially.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:37 AM

That butt hole wasn't around when we were sadden bc the ACC schools wouldn't do more with FB and their FB facilities and help in making the ACC a power FB conferense. Iron sharpens Iron, and most ACC schools Iron was to soft to help us out with sharpening our iron. We had to go out of conferense to play tougher schools to help make us tougher, and that is what Dabo brought to Clemson, games with better FB schools and stronger thicker Iron!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 12:15 PM

I don't care much for Doeren or NC State, but I will say they do give us fits every year.

I like seeing good competition in the ACC. Makes us look good.

Aug 5, 2018, 12:36 PM

I think we curb stomp them this year, their defense is worse, their offense lost two really good players. They won't have near the horses this year to compete.

that 41-0 beatdown in 2014 will look like a cakewalk this year.

Aug 5, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney responds to Dave Doeren's facilities remark: "Buildings don't win" ]

They've been blown out by us more than they've kept it close.

I'm no Dave Doeren fan.

Aug 5, 2018, 12:54 PM

He needs to clean up his sideline before he worries about anything else.

One of his staff roughed up Deshaun Watson when he went out on Doeren's sideline.

Last year, another staff person tried to knock our player that intercepted the ball to close out the game for Clemson when he went out of bounds on Doeren's sideline.

Doeren bragged about knocking out our running back.

Their fans act like rabid animals.

There is a culture problem at NC State and it starts at the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buildings with laptops Dave

Aug 5, 2018, 2:12 PM

You need buildings AND laptops

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

photo pretty well sums it up

Aug 5, 2018, 4:12 PM

I know photos can be deceiving, but the photo used in this story pretty much sums up the demeanor of the NC State Head Coach. He’s looking away as Coach Swinney is approaching. My elders always taught me to look them in the eye. He likes to chirp a lot. Let’s take care of business and hear him whine some more. #ALLIN

Aug 5, 2018, 4:19 PM

These comments by DD were fine, nothing to see here... but maybe he needs to be focusing on James Madison so he doesn’t lay an egg like last year’s opener. Man I was hoping the Wolpfack would beat those Shamecocks...

Aug 5, 2018, 6:39 PM

To me, this would only be news the WEEK of the Wolfpack game.

otherwise, woopie

Aug 5, 2018, 6:44 PM

13 out of 14. Seems like they've come close to beating us a lot, eh? Right. Dream on Dave. Bring your laptops to the valley and show us how to lose again.

Aug 10, 2018, 11:07 AM

LMAO, "a play or two away". Sounds like Tommy Bowden.....

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic