Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m kind of fascinated with some these comments about Jeff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,643

I’m kind of fascinated with some these comments about Jeff

Oct 1, 2019, 10:33 AM

and Tony doing such a poor job on Saturday. The past couple of days there has been a snide comment or two on the play calling. I ,myself thought we should’ve run the ball and beaten UNCheat into submission but , I do realize I have not won one game as OC at Clemson and they have won the last 20 with a national title mixed in there. I think a couple of you guys need to slow down and take a deep breath and appreciate what has happened the last 7 years. Everyone has an off day. We are fortunate nowadays to usually have only one or two per season. If you guys want some perspective of disappointment, go back and review the 90’s .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the game again

Oct 1, 2019, 10:49 AM

and think the team mostly looked strong and superior as they have for 3-4 years.

What was unusual was many more mistakes, miscues and those darn false starts.

So, not having played football ever, I would say it was discipline primarily. This can be worked on and fixed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The mistakes and miscues were definitely the real culprit

Oct 1, 2019, 2:56 PM

Easy third and ones turning into third and sixes and losing the turnover battle are a dangerous game no matter how good you are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that the overreaction is HIGH, but I do think it is

Oct 1, 2019, 10:50 AM

ok to call them out for some questionable play calls at best, or lazy play calls at worst. These guys are paid a lot of money and criticism is part of the job.

Re: I’m kind of fascinated with some these comments about Jeff

Oct 1, 2019, 10:53 AM

The dumpers only get so many shots at this crew in any given year now . They are living for any sign of a downturn , so you must expect that most of these affable nit-wits , quasi-fans and sure-fire trolls will disappear once again after we house FSU in 11 days .

There is plenty to work on sure , but the sky-is-falling group makes it out to be the end of an era every time a spread isn't covered or our QB throws a pick .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 1, 2019, 4:53 PM

Who you calling “affable”?

Oct 1, 2019, 10:55 AM

Many people, thankfully, feel better berating a paid coach than a college athlete.

While I agree with this idea for the most part, much of the playcalling complaints are misplaced.

Others don't really know what they are seeing and it makes them complain about the wrong person messing up.

A perfect example from the UNC game where a defensive tackle got a sack on TL. It was a 3 man rush and for some reason the lineman dumped the d-tackle to ETN to try to block him. ETN could not block him and there was a quick sack.

I saw people question the playcall and I saw people question ETN. I didn't hear or see anybody questioning the decision by the o-lineman to release a d-tackle for the RB to block.

This is an example of people misplacing their complaints.

That wasn't the DT, it was Surratt the LB.

Oct 1, 2019, 4:35 PM

There was no sack by a DL. All the pressure came from blitzes that were either picked up but not sustained, like ETN on Surratt 2 or 3 times, or on the one actual sack Carman blocked the inside guy and there was no one to pick up the outside guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 11:44 AM

We're not in the 90's and those coaches and teams are long gone!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think they’re calling the plays...

Oct 1, 2019, 2:00 PM

They may be suggesting them but IMO, the head coach is calling them.

Re: I don’t think they’re calling the plays...

Oct 1, 2019, 2:02 PM

So are you saying that all the coaches are lying when doing interviews?

It has been said multiple times that all of the offensive coaches help with the gameplan and Elliot calls the plays from the booth on Saturdays.

Re: I don’t think they’re calling the plays...

Oct 1, 2019, 2:19 PM

I didn’t say anybody was lying. Just an observation, right or wrong. Elliott and Scott are heavily involved in the game plan. In their interviews they talk in generalities for the group. I’ve never heard anybody within the program specifically say that Elliott calls the plays- only announcers or people not directly involved with the program. Watch video of the head coach between offensive plays, as well as Elliott in the booth on the rare occasion we get to see that. That leads me to my observation.

How about, they have won 60 of their last 64, with 2 National

Oct 1, 2019, 5:00 PM

Championships, capped off with back to back wins over undefeated playoff teams..

Message was edited by: Spud®

It shouldn't be too fascinating.

Oct 1, 2019, 5:03 PM

It happens every time we have a game like that one.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic