Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, an Auburn student was banned today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

So, an Auburn student was banned today

Feb 22, 2020, 8:15 PM

This seems a gross over-reaction. It's to the point a fan can't ridicule to 'get under an opponent's skin' anymore without offending someone...somewhere...somehow.

That super-sports and (presumed) entertainment network can give the details...I'm not plugging hyperbole. In closing, suffice to say, I miss the 'your momma wears army boots!' days! Sheesh!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, an Auburn student was banned today

Feb 22, 2020, 8:18 PM

From what I've heard ole Fike would be empty given today's sensibilities. I heard what was said to Auburn was so bad a Georgia qb may get to transfer. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 8:29 PM

Just actually saw what he said. Candy a's at Auburn. What if he said go back to Knoxville? The terrorists have won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 8:19 PM

That was a lame comment by him though. I don't feel sorry for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, 'lame' is the qualifier?

Feb 22, 2020, 8:22 PM

I'm all for being correct and respectful...I'm also all for fans having fun...kids being kids...and people having skin thicker than tracing paper. Clearly, you and I would never agree, though. So...

Re: So, 'lame' is the qualifier?

Feb 22, 2020, 8:27 PM

Yeah...I am for it too, but there is line that shouldn't be crossed. I think the ejection was good. Banning may be too extreme though. Ejection is fine though.
Anyway, yelling at an exchange student on the opposing team and telling him to go back to his own country and this is America is just lame.

have you been to a college sporting event within the last 20

Feb 22, 2020, 8:31 PM [ in reply to So, 'lame' is the qualifier? ]

years?

They always read the statement "No sexist, racist, derogatory comments or intimidating actions directed at student athletes, coaches or officials shall be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the premises"

Easy rule. Just don't break it and whine about people being sensitive afterwards

What are you talking about?

Feb 22, 2020, 8:33 PM

I have the RIGHT to be racist and xenophobic without ANYONE saying ANYTHING to me about it.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: What are you talking about?

Feb 22, 2020, 8:40 PM

That was before the Hate Crime Amendment to the Constitution. Try to keep up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 22, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to What are you talking about? ]

You have the right to say it, but you can also be banned from the arena. Freedom of Speech doesnt protect you from any consequence.

I know Carlsbad, that's the joke***

Feb 22, 2020, 8:41 PM

Re: I know Carlsbad, that's the joke***

Feb 22, 2020, 8:49 PM

You can get fired from your job for saying anything you want too. Freedom of Speech protects one from the government.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to What are you talking about? ]

I have the RIGHT to be racist and xenophobic without ANYONE saying ANYTHING to me about it.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

You don't have the right to hurt people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about the other check?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 5:36 AM [ in reply to What are you talking about? ]

You can say whatever you want to. But the powers that operate the sporting event always hold to right to remove you from the venue.

Yes...I have...

Feb 22, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to have you been to a college sporting event within the last 20 ]

What's derogatory about needling...or is that out of line, now? We all grew up saying similar, all knowing it was meant as nothing more than ribbing the opponent. Nothing serious meant whatsoever. But, in this day and age of thinking Facebook and Instagram constitutes social interaction, clearly, I'm the dinosaur in the 'forum'...and it's time I bow out...

Go save the world...

We used to play

Feb 22, 2020, 8:38 PM

"smear the queer" and routinely called people we didn't like ###gots growing up.

It was wrong. It's ALWAYS okay to admit that you grew out of being an as#####.

I really hate that

Feb 22, 2020, 9:25 PM

the term ###### started out as homophobic, because it's so fun to call your friend that for being stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you really can't judge how serious people are

Feb 22, 2020, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Yes...I have... ]

like at a Clemson volleyball game I went to ages ago a Clemson student yelled at a player from New Zealand. "You dirty Kiwi!". Now it was clearly meant as a joke but you can't judge intent.

Re: you really can't judge how serious people are

Feb 23, 2020, 8:16 AM

How true. We can't judge intent but we can judge stupidity.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: have you been to a college sporting event within the last 20

Feb 23, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to have you been to a college sporting event within the last 20 ]

T_I_P said:

years?

They always read the statement "No sexist, racist, derogatory comments or intimidating actions directed at student athletes, coaches or officials shall be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the premises"

Easy rule. Just don't break it and whine about people being sensitive afterwards

Easy rule? Sounds like offensive holding in football. Nearly everybody in the place could be ejected. Some things could be cut and dry, but nearly anything could be viewed as a violation.

Re: So, 'lame' is the qualifier?

Feb 22, 2020, 9:13 PM [ in reply to So, 'lame' is the qualifier? ]

That's not banter - that's bull #### !!

Feb 22, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: So, an Auburn student was banned today ]

User Logo
Carlsbad®
Ring of Honor [28256]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 8:19 PM

That was a lame comment by him though. I don't feel sorry for him.

he probably didnt have any morals or character huh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 8:53 PM

Obviously not. Good point.

I'm just tired of people being offended for other people.

Feb 22, 2020, 8:40 PM

and what's worse is people who are offended 100 times more than the victim. It's getting to the point where children will end up suing their parents when they find out they changed their diaper in public when they were 3 months old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was his second comment that really got him in trouble

Feb 22, 2020, 8:58 PM

He said, “This is the USA”. That’s offensive to many snowflakes and Bernie Bros.

Re: It was his second comment that really got him in trouble

Feb 22, 2020, 9:28 PM

He said go back to Uruguay. Its all about context anyway. This is the USA alone is all good.

Re: It was his second comment that really got him in trouble

Feb 23, 2020, 12:30 PM

If he was from Uruguay, he was probably the least offended in the building. South Americans seem to be rarely bothered by things Americans think are rude. My wife is commonly called "negra". It literally means black girl in reference to her being dark skinned for the area. Our daughter is often called "gordita" or little fat girl. I would recommend for the next person to find a different group to intimidate, because I would be surprised if it bothered that player in the least.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:24 PM

Kids lucky. If he'd been in one of the tolerant states like Cal. Or Oregon or N.Y. he'd have been treated to a public flogging outside the arena and "felt the Bern"

Re: if the game were in CA...

Feb 22, 2020, 10:41 PM

The Exchange student would have been given permission to invite as many "family" members as he wanted to come along next time.

If no family members wanted to come, he'd be compelled to find someone, even if they were no relation.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:29 PM

Good thing he wasn't wearing a MAGA red hat, or he probably would get banned from campus.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:30 PM

Your momma wore army boots!

There u go.

Feb 23, 2020, 12:47 AM

I’m sorry - compare this light heckling to an entire fan base singing their version of the neck song loud enough to be heard on TV. Any of them get thrown out? No. So spare me the outrage until you clean that trash up.

Feb 23, 2020, 3:47 AM

This

How would you throw a “base” out of a game?***

Feb 23, 2020, 5:08 AM [ in reply to Re: So, an Auburn student was banned today ]

Re: How would you throw a “base” out of a game?***

Feb 23, 2020, 8:47 AM

Same way you eat an elephant - one (bite) at a time

Feb 23, 2020, 8:37 AM

Sounds like something trump would say. Oh wait....

i think he got what he deserved***

Feb 23, 2020, 10:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic