Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm just glad the rioters didn't do something truly terrible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 888

I'm just glad the rioters didn't do something truly terrible

Jan 8, 2021, 12:27 PM

like take a knee during a football game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Troof***

Jan 8, 2021, 12:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I mean, they couldn't do that.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:31 PM

They've all boycotted the NFL and hit the NFL right in the pocketbook and the NFL is failing and ratings are down and no one watches anymore and the league is folding soon and that's what they get.

Well, except the current 5.7 billion dollar valuation on the Dallas Cowboys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't have an assault on Congress.....

Oct 19, 2022, 10:20 AM

without first having something like knees taken during the national anthem, flag burnings, race riots, etc. happening first. It takes baby steps to get to the grand finale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you right there...

Jan 8, 2021, 1:34 PM

Pretty confident taking a knee during games didn't lead to this in any way, shape, or form.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

It's like the Butterfly Effect***

Jan 8, 2021, 1:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I didn't say it did. It's a bunch of things, the

Jan 8, 2021, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm gonna have to stop you right there... ]

knee-taking being one of MANY things, collectively, that led to this. Hundreds of things. Perhaps thousands. Over years. Decades even.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach

Jan 8, 2021, 1:16 PM

I hate you so much lmao. You are just a social media garbage disposal. You take it all in, chew it up, regurgitate it, and sit back and smile.

FBCoachSC®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

SHUDDUP GAYBOY AND LEAVE HIM ALONE***

Jan 8, 2021, 1:24 PM

Is this one of those "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Jan 8, 2021, 1:41 PM

type things?

Yall make strange bedfellows.

Speaking of bedfellows, how u doin, clemsonrulez08®???

As soon as he posts something like this

Jan 8, 2021, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Coach ]

I know it came from Facebook or Instagram. The dude is inherently too dumb to think of it himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm just glad the rioters didn't do something truly terrible

Jan 8, 2021, 1:25 PM

Or burn parts of the city down

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Show me which city was "burned down".

Jan 8, 2021, 1:27 PM

Lol

semantics

Jan 8, 2021, 1:32 PM

neighborhoods were, businesses were, more businesses put out of business for having to close due to a CHAZ or whatever. You know what he means.

https://compote.slate.com/images/54efa4b2-9104-4433-901e-ac279ff57dbc.jpeg?width=780&height=520&rect=6000x4000&offset=0x0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Semantics is important

Jan 8, 2021, 1:36 PM

I'd argue that vandalizing the nation's capitol and essentially holding 500+ Congressional members and staffers hostage is bigger faux pas than burning a car, a random building and/or what have you. But I guess that's where we differ in opinion.

Re: Semantics is important

Jan 8, 2021, 1:39 PM

That's why I said "parts" a$$hole

yeah, I care more about the guy

Jan 8, 2021, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Semantics is important ]

who owns the deli sop, bakery, fast food franchise that lost his/her business more than this situation. Not one congressional staffer was hurt or was in anyway held at gunpoint. Many of these small business owners were as the police stood down and let it happen. These "important" people were covered by law enforcement and whisked away to safety. Ask the Foot Locker Manager or Liquor store owner if that happened for them as the fire bombs were thrown.

I gotta agree

Jan 8, 2021, 1:48 PM

A few politicians that are by most accounts pieces of human garbage... the ruling class in this country get moved from one leather bound room to another leather bound room for a few hours

versus

our fellow lowly citizens getting dragged from their businesses, beaten, and businesses and property torched over the course of 6 months

First and foremost: they're both bad. I know it sounds like I got enjoyment out of the first one, and maybe part of me did, but I know that's wrong and I'm trying to not feel like that.

If you're going to get into deciding which one is worse, which I don't think is necessary, it's clear to me the 2nd is worse. But it's clear to many of you all that the 1st is worse. There's reasonable people on both sides of that argument (and unreasonable folks too), I guess it's based on your perspective and what you value.

I agree 100% with Tigermaniac on this one (but not necessarily 100% with his other views).

p.s. they're both wrong.
p.p.s. sorry for my incoherent ramblings
p.p.p.s. luv u guys

you dont agree with me all the time??

Jan 8, 2021, 1:55 PM

I gotta disagree

Jan 8, 2021, 6:37 PM [ in reply to I gotta agree ]

Not trying to make a case condoning the damage done in the riots, but what happened on Wednesday was worse.

Like them or not, we all vote for the politicians that sit in the Capitol building. Some of the people who unlawfully stormed the building had zip ties, weapons, pipe bombs. A gallows was put up outside. This was an attempted coup incited by the sitting president. It was an attack on democracy. It failed, but that doesn't change what it was.

I'd very much like to continue living in a country where we get to freely elect our politicians, and not one where the government may be overthrown if a certain group of people's preferred leader doesn't get re-elected.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, this is squarely where I am

Jan 8, 2021, 2:05 PM [ in reply to yeah, I care more about the guy ]

Amazing to me the amount of people who have more empathy for a bunch of sacks of ##### who literally rob you than they do the small business owner. It must be some form of Stockholm syndrome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Show me which city was "burned down".

Jan 8, 2021, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Show me which city was "burned down". ]

https://fee.org/articles/here-are-just-10-of-the-many-minority-owned-businesses-destroyed-in-the-riots/

Jan 8, 2021, 2:08 PM

The Antifag, Burn Loot Mayhem riots were personal for my extend fam. Sis-in-Law is from Minneapolis and her brother's bar / tavern was burned to the ground. Been a local staple for over 20 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Show me which city was "burned down". ]

Sorry I called you an a$$hole Stubborn. I generally try to avoid calling people names here - unless you're a politician, then you're fair game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 888
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic