Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting take from a friend in AZ from a day or two ago.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Interesting take from a friend in AZ from a day or two ago.

Jan 14, 2021, 1:31 PM

After accidentally watching 60 Minutes this weekend while searching for a wildcard game, I spent a lot more time thinking about the consequence of their Angus King segment.

The most powerful people in the senate in 2021 might be Kyrsten Sinema, Doug Jones, Joe Manchin, Angus King, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, and Richard Shelby.

Those are the 3 most liberal republicans, the three most conservative democrats, and Angus.
Today would be an impressive day if those Senators simply all joined Angus as an independent, or, better still, formed an actual third party that can bring balance to the force, taking 51 votes away from either side.

They'd instantly be the most famous 7 people in the country, and if they did Good (the kind Superman does), they'd go down in political infamy.

Anyway, it's a great week to start the "King" party.

Now, Doug Jones lost to Tommy Tuberville (lol), and his rankings were based on 2019 voting records, BUT...the concept still seems intriguing in this "place" we're in, where the ~80% of moderates in the middle seem to have lost their voice over the past 5-10 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still can't believe my

Jan 14, 2021, 1:34 PM

a-hole of a state sent that dumbfugg Tuberville to Washington. He is going to be he most useless sack of shid up there for the next 6 yrs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Saban should run for Senate and knock him out

Jan 14, 2021, 1:48 PM

just for old times sake.

Ossoff says hello.

Jan 14, 2021, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I still can't believe my ]

His mommy and daddy will make sure no one makes him work too hard.

Trump seems to think he is useful

Jan 14, 2021, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I still can't believe my ]

If Guilliani would just lay off the drugs and stop dialing the wrong people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tommy-tuberville-wrong-number-trump-2021-1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love to see that.

Jan 14, 2021, 1:54 PM

It's like the power of the swing vote in Survivor. Not even sure if they have to leave their party, they could just form a caucus.

I'd love to see a moderate party form in the middle, or at least the two existing parties each splitting in half. Two parties are ineffective because their goal becomes winning elections ove legislating because it's more important to gain a majority to force through your platform than actually getting things done through compromise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that will happen actually. It may not be an official

Jan 14, 2021, 1:55 PM

"The 7" - but it will just happen fluidly. After the first couple of votes - it will be obvious who is not necessarily just going to vote the party line. Manchin is going wield a lot of power...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be in that line....***

Jan 14, 2021, 1:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting take from a friend in AZ from a day or two ago.

Jan 14, 2021, 2:04 PM

These people will be able to wield power for the very 50/50 reason that you stated. However, if they leave their party caucus, they will lose important committee assignments and chairs.

They will be smarter to stay in their parties but work together to shape compromise legislation through their voting power.

I'm hard pressed being convinced otherwise that 80% of us

Jan 14, 2021, 8:47 PM

don't agree on 80% of how our government should function and address matters in general. That's almost a super majority, yet we're distracted and splintered over the other birdseed and bits that make up the electioneering part.

I don't know if I double negatived that right but you get the gist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic