Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm going to say what my feeling really are at this point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I'm going to say what my feeling really are at this point

Jan 9, 2018, 1:20 AM

to night. We were here last year bc our coaching staff took a chance with a rookie QB playing against a UGA team at night and he proved that he belonged, and I thought then, that if that rookie DW4 would have started and finished that game, we would have won it, and I still feel that way today. Maybe not quiet as good as DW4, but Hunter Johnson showed that he belongs against a good Wake team. So my true feeling are that this game tonight should have been Hunter Johnson's game if he had been given a chance on new years night against Bama. He is a very talented freshman that could have played at this level like other talented freshman like him has done.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that HJ is feeling the exact same way. Regardless of what anybody thinks or believes, we missed the bell and another NC game by HJ not being given his chance bc I believe the kid could have played at this level. No he isn't a DW4, but he didn't have to be to beat this Bama team, all he had to be was the Hunter Johnson that he has shown us with the few chances he has got, and he could have been better than what we have seen if he had had more chances during the season. So we have gave Bama one, and I hope that our coaches never do this again with a better QB or a player at any possession sitting on the bench bc the senior is playing over a more talented freshman player, and I do believe this happen with Hunter Johnson. I believe that DW4 got his chance so early was bc Chad Morris pushed for it to happen. And I believe that, that situation is what had Morris trying every thing to get away from Clemson bc he had promised DW4 that he would be there for him through out his playing time at Clemson but something happen during that time that made Chad want to leave as fast as he could get out. Like I've said many times, I wouldn't trade Dabo for any coach in college FB, but I also believe that Dabo has a stubborn streak about the senior players playing over the younger guys in skilled possession that most of the time need experience with raw talent. I believe that with kids of today having better HS coaching than before, when they get to college, their talent can get them by until they gain that experience. So go ahead and chop me up bc I personally believe in what I've said, and TDs won't stop me from saying what I believe is true, and I believe every word I've said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to say what my feeling really are at this point

Jan 9, 2018, 1:26 AM

Eh...maybe

We just don't know. We do know the offense was a bit lacking all year and lack of downfield threat would bite us in anus...it did

Surprised it took so long #wetoodeep

Tough to bench a qb that keeps winning game after game...I still think "A" backup maybe should have got more PT vs brief round robin everybody plays mop up bs

Can't beat Bama without a full deck of cards

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respect your point & feelings and would never call you a name like i get called

Jan 9, 2018, 1:32 AM

at times ( like idiot, drunk, old man, need to be in nursing home, bulbless) so i will say you make some good points..and I do agree to a degree that DaBO can be a bit too stubborn when the more senior player is concerned.. mainly b/c he loves them & has promised them a fair shake even when they fail a bit.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand you guys that keep comparing to DW4

Jan 9, 2018, 1:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand you guys that keep comparing to DW4

Jan 9, 2018, 1:39 AM

DW did not have a career free of head scratchers...

Also UGA on the road early in the game...tonight national title

Those opportunities didn't present themselves for our back ups

...for one reason or another...and not saying there wasn't a good one

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 1:49 AM [ in reply to I don't understand you guys that keep comparing to DW4 ]

DWs first td pass was into double coverage. HJ was never given a fair shot except being thrown into the fire for a couple drives against syracuse and wasn't even Given the opportunity to get into a rhythm. he was never given a shot because of KB being the safer option and ZC being on campus a year longer. HJ may not be DW but you can't say that he isn't because we haven't seen enough. if he or TL outplay KB in the spring game then KB needs to fall to 2nd team

Jan 9, 2018, 11:03 AM

I will agree without anything against any player, my reasoning is to see the very best player playing on Saturday regardless of how long they have been on the team, a day ago or a year ago, play the best one!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand you guys that keep comparing to DW4 ]

You know how I know you're wrong? Because HJ didn't play against Syracuse.

You also can't make the claim "HJ may not be DW but you can't say that he isn't because we haven't seen enough." That literally cancels each other out and you're actually comparing HJ to DW even though you just said you can't say that.

HJ looked good in mop up duty, but he also showed some signs of freshman mistakes, mistakes that DW didn't make as a freshman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I don't understand you guys that keep comparing to DW4 ]

Like I myself stated, HJ is no DW4, but he doesn't have to be. What HJ's qualifications are, he did track in HS, he has a very good arm for a QB, and he came to Clemson as the second best QB in the country. Not that it means anything, but hear is what Plyer had to say about HJ. I'll post it with a reminder that my opinion of Micky is that most of the time I think he is full it, but here is what he said about HJ.

Mickey Plyler on Johnson: Johnson is one of the best high school passers I have seen. I watched him at Clemson's camp and the ball just comes out of his hand different than almost anyone I have seen. He has all of the arm talent you can ask for. He is also a better athlete than people think. He is a track athlete with good feet and quickness.

Reminds Plyler of: Steve Fuller

If anyone actually watched HJ play, the kid does have a release with fire tailing from it, that is my expression for how fast I believe he gets the ball out... We could have used some of that against Bama!!!

Jan 9, 2018, 11:37 AM

Good, so he's got the physical attributes.

Can he read defenses? Does he know the reads and what plays to change to? Can he communicate that in a hostile environment?

See, those are the intangibles you don't know, and before you say it, we knew what we had with KB and there was never a real reason to put HJ in so it's not like the coaches "didn't give him a chance."

Jan 9, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to I don't understand you guys that keep comparing to DW4 ]

And how do we actually know that? HJ didn’t get the same chance DW got. First, Swag showed his tail and was kicked off the team so DW automatically became #2. Second, KB is better than Cole Stoudt. If Stoudt won a close one over UGA and was winning against FSU in Talley, do you think DW would have taken over for him in the game or for the season? We all know the answer is a resounding NO. Bottom line on that is if Stoudt had been able to win the games against the competition he faced like KB was able to do then even though we all know DW was the best QB, he wouldn’t have gotten the chance to prove it until the next year.

It is an apples to oranges situation and really doesn’t reflect on the situation this year.

Jan 9, 2018, 1:45 AM

Chad Morris was always looking for his next job. There's nothing wrong with it but it's who he is. He was looking for a step up as soon as he got to SMU and probably will be again if he does well at Arkansas.

Ditto!***

Jan 9, 2018, 2:23 AM

Sorry but none of us have seen enough of HJ to say...

Jan 9, 2018, 11:30 AM

whether he could come in and played better than KB this season. He barely played in the Wake game. Looked great against the Citadel, but was off on his passes when he got in against the coots. Unless you have access to practice you have no way of knowing whether HJ was ready and prepared to take over for KB. None of us know because none of us attend practice. So how you feel is based off a knee jerk reaction and not any definitive information

Re: Sorry but none of us have seen enough of HJ to say...

Jan 9, 2018, 12:18 PM

And your feeling is the same, because we do not know since he wasn’t actually given the chance.

They would have just put Tua in then

Jan 9, 2018, 11:34 AM

And pulled away from us.

He was planning to play him against us but thanks to two incredibly lucky INT’s and terrible playcalling he wan’t needed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt getting pulled for Watson, and in 2011...

Jan 9, 2018, 11:35 AM

relegating Marquan Jones and Xavier Dye to special teams in favor of Watkins, Peake, Bryant, and Humphries proves your theory wrong. Also recent transfers of veteran players because they knew they might not keep or get starting position proves your theory wrong. Etienne getting more playing time over CJ Fuller also proves your theory wrong.

Jan 9, 2018, 11:36 AM

Spend less time "feeling" and more time watching tape. HJ made more mistakes in mop-up duty against SCAR and MIA than KN did in the entire games.

KN?***

Jan 9, 2018, 11:44 AM

Re: KN?***

Jan 9, 2018, 11:51 AM

I meant KB

Jan 9, 2018, 12:00 PM

Kudos my man for speaking what you feel. I share in those feelings. I can't say that Johnson would have changed the outcome, but I do feel that he would have been a better vertical threat that could have opened up more options for the offense.

For those who are sleeping on Johnson, this kid has more bite than bark and he comes to fight. I would have felt better if the Tigers had exhausted all of their options. I'm one who believes that you shouldn't let your past define your future. Learn and move on.

With that said, I know the Tigers future is bright. The Tigers aren't going anywhere. They are built to last.

Jan 9, 2018, 12:18 PM

Your whole post just contradicts everything you said. Who are you Quakinbush

Jan 9, 2018, 12:45 PM

What part did you not understand? Was it the part where I feel that inserting Hunter Johnson would have given the Tigers a better shot of coming back against Alabama because he is more of a vertical threat?

Was is it the fact that I can't say Jonson would have indeed changed the outcome? I can't predict the future, but I do know Johnson is more of a threat in the passing game and perhaps would have opened up the offense.

It had to be the, I won't let the past define my future, statement. Perhaps it's to deep for some. It's worked wonders in my life. It's been the driving force from me coming from a family of five living in a one room house with holes in the floor to the man I am today who lives like a king in comparison.

I guess I did contradict myself. That's me in a nutshell. Maybe I am Quakinbush. Thanks for the heads up.

Jan 9, 2018, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm going to say what my feeling really are at this point ]

I do not know if HJ playing would have made a difference but if he is the better passer then Dabo should have played him when we got down 24-6. I still thought when it was 10 - 6 and we were driving that KB might get the job done that night but when we gave up the two picks then we knew we would need to pass the ball and KB was not the man for that job. Dabo may have learned something last night from what Saban did and the next time a change may happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 12:16 PM

You should fine you a head coaching job because you seem to know a lot more than out coaches.

You might want to start at the middle school level !!!

The Chad crap is just that Crap

Make no mistake, WFU (even a good Wake) is nowhere near

Jan 9, 2018, 12:37 PM

the level of either Bama or UGA...You lost anybody with a brain with that comparison

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 12:39 PM

You're telling me that Hunter Johnson and KB is like DW4 and 3 and out Stoudt? I thought Dabo would have learned from that

FIRE DABO

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic