Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Toughest Tigers ever?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Toughest Tigers ever?

Apr 30, 2020, 10:19 PM

That’s pound for pound please.

Wayne Gallman
Tracy Johnson
Tony Horne
Brandon Streeter
Marvin Sims
Michael Dean Perry
Jeff Davis
Terry Allen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Toughest Tigers ever?

Apr 30, 2020, 10:28 PM

Streeter and then everyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 8:31 AM

True on Streeter. I recall him dislocating his hip and then playing the next week I think

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Patrick Sapp. Raymond Priester. Ben Boulware.***

Apr 30, 2020, 10:57 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2020, 10:59 PM

Grady went to the sideline against UGa, popped his shoulder back in joint, and got back on the field one play later.

Apr 30, 2020, 11:17 PM

I implore all of you gentlemen.... Brandon should have left most every game on stretcher. He was the toughest that ever wore the paw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Elliott. Andre Ellington was pretty #### tough too. Chad Diehl was a human sledgehammer too.

The Draft Board - College Fantasy Sports

Launching this fall. Visit http://www.thedraftboard.com to sign up for early access!

May 1, 2020, 4:56 AM

Chad was a stud that not many got to see simply because of offensive philosophy. He would’ve made a great living as a fullback in the late nineties. Born a few years too late.

Tony Elliott. Andre Ellington was pretty #### tough too. Chad Diehl was a human sledgehammer too.

Launching this fall. Visit http://www.thedraftboard.com to sign up for early access!

Apr 30, 2020, 11:25 PM

Deshaun ending the streak on a torn ACL and he took multiple helmet to helmet hits against Bama.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 30, 2020, 11:32 PM

Deshaun is up there and has the heart of a lion. Took some fierce shots.

Brandon still owns the crown. That man took the worst kind of beating on 3/4 downs.

Apr 30, 2020, 11:43 PM

pound for pound, maybe Deshaun. But for me Brian Dawkins would have terrified me to play against

Apr 30, 2020, 11:44 PM

Whitehurst was a gamer .
Woody Dantzler , Brentson Buckner ... how about non-football players ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 1, 2020, 12:05 AM

True, true, true.

Just refresh the Oline memory that three years though. It was tragic. Brandon just kept getting up.

Thank you for the kind words.***

May 1, 2020, 6:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Toughest Tigers ever? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 1, 2020, 4:44 AM

Tajh Boyd, and that was easily proved in the 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl against LSU!!! I don't think I've ever seen a QB take a beating like TB did that night, and he kept getting up and willed our Tigers to a win!!! Most QB's would have been taken to the locker room and patched up before taking them to the hospital to be checked out, and Tajh just kept getting up and making plays!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to mention Whitehurst for the 2002 Tangerine Bowl.

May 1, 2020, 5:43 AM

Took quite a beating, and stayed in for the whole 55-15 loss. If I remember correctly, he was spitting up blood on the field after at least one play.

I was one of the announced crowd of 21,000 that night. Unbelievable game. TT had a crowd that looked like maybe about 3,000...but they had us outnumbered by the end of the game.
Now I’m glad it all happened that way. Makes the current success 1000x more enjoyable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. CW got CRUSHED - and he kept getting back up.

May 1, 2020, 10:05 AM

Toughest performance I have ever seen in person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Bennie Cunnigham & Kevin Mack***

May 1, 2020, 7:46 AM

Plenty of them but ill give some love to

May 1, 2020, 7:50 AM

Tajh Boyd

Whitehurst took some

May 1, 2020, 8:43 AM

beatings and kept getting up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always thought Nuk was tough for a wide receiver.***

May 1, 2020, 8:46 AM

This isn’t a true list without

May 1, 2020, 9:37 AM

Jim Stuckey and Rob Bodine

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember the beating Whitehurst took in that bowl. There

May 1, 2020, 9:54 AM

was a similar game with Brandon Streeter vs Va Tech. Their DE Corey Moore blitzed the whole game it seemed like. He was a beast, and came thru clean a bunch of times and just leveled Streeter. Helmet to the sternum. Damm near broke him in half a couple times. I have a good friend who's a Hokie, and I emailed him the next day. I asked if Moore wanted the pieces of his facemask back that were surgically removed from Streeter's ribcage...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: I remember the beating Whitehurst took in that bowl. There

May 1, 2020, 12:10 PM

Never understood how Moore didn't catch on in the NFL.

He was unstoppable in college.

May 1, 2020, 10:08 AM

Ashamed of ya'll. Brian #### Dawkins

Hal Davis

May 1, 2020, 10:34 AM

belongs on the list. He loved to take on D-backs in the open field. I never saw him avoid contact..... instead, he looked for it and ran over the defender in the open field. If he didn't knock him down on the first contact, he'd back up and go at him again.

Harry Olszewski

May 1, 2020, 10:40 AM

belongs on the list, too:

https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-vault-harry-olszewski-tiger-all-american/

DW4 Toughest Ever....Dude is a Cyborg***

May 1, 2020, 10:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 10:51 AM

Don Munson

May 1, 2020, 11:00 AM

go back a ways to a couple under sized guys.. jimmy ness and billy wingo

and david dunham.. anybody who played special teams like that was a tough SOB.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 11:15 AM

Everyone of you have named great players and pointed out their toughness. No one has yet mentioned quite possibly the toughest player to ever pull on a helment at Clemson. Ray Yauger, Howards tractor.

May 1, 2020, 12:09 PM

Brandon Streeter came back from several "season ending" injuries the same season during a not great period for Clemson football when we couldn't protect the QB and he got beaten like a drum.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Streeter-The-toughest-quarterback-in-Clemson-history-211

white boy cornerback, jack ocain? on the pre natty 6-5 team

May 2, 2020, 9:51 PM

in seventy nine or eighty, he would knock the Shyatt out of somebody, knock his own shoulder out of socket, run off the field , somebody would pop it back into place , and then he would run out and do it again ,...

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

Re: white boy cornerback, jack ocain? on the pre natty 6-5 team

May 2, 2020, 11:29 PM

I think you are talking about Jack Cain.

Brian Piccolo winner in 1980. I actually looked him up for this conversation but received a phone call and failed to go back and post it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: white boy cornerback, jack ocain? on the pre natty 6-5 team

May 3, 2020, 10:44 PM

yes, it was jack cain , one tough cookie

Terry Allen

May 2, 2020, 9:54 PM

Period.

I'm glad you asked

May 4, 2020, 4:09 PM

Tajh Boyd no doubt. LSU bowl game sold me completely. And I say top 3 single game Clemson QB performances ever.

Re: I'm glad you asked

May 4, 2020, 5:08 PM

Jack Cain wasn’t very big, but his teammates felt that, pound for pound, he was as tough as they came. But I can’t get away from Streeter!

May 4, 2020, 7:42 PM

I was always impressed by the hard hitting linebacker from Plano, Texas; John Leake. Was a rare recruit from Texas football in the 2000 time period.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic