Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Religious post! Based off of yesterday's thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 529

Religious post! Based off of yesterday's thread

Jan 15, 2021, 8:19 AM

instead of posting on facebook, I'll do it here and get it out of my system.

YOU CAN'T LOVE GOD AND HATE DEMOCRATS!

I hear and see this constantly in my little BFE area. Preachers who will sit down at a dinner table or out to eat and talk about how much they hate democrats and democrats are evil etc etc.

It's disgusting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Religious post! Based off of yesterday's thread

Jan 15, 2021, 8:56 AM

Christianity demands that we love both neighbor and enemy. Some people think Christianity is for the weak. Yeah right!!!! Try loving enemies ( those you disagree with and don’t particularly like). It’s tough and takes a very strong personal commitment that can only be done by letting Christ guide our actions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The yoke and burden are lightened, not taken away.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:28 AM

It's our nature to pick sides and hate our enemy...that's where the supernatural intervenes...for me, at least.

Re: The yoke and burden are lightened, not taken away.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:52 AM

The way human society is changing, we are ALL in the same tribe. If we don't figure that out pretty soon, we are going to make ALL of our lives miserable.

The most existential problems facing humans right now are All international in scope. International cooperation is required to address those problems.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Religious post! Based off of yesterday's thread ]

I don't need a god for me to recognize that you are a fellow human being and that we are brothers. I may hate your political positions but I don't hate you - all without a god.

I mean, I think...

Jan 15, 2021, 10:05 AM

Anyone hating any large group of people under one label is a terrible idea, religious or not.

Except Nazis. It's fine to hate Nazis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I mean, I think...

Jan 15, 2021, 10:14 AM

Lol. I don’t know any nazis so I haven’t been able to test myself on that one.

My personal experience with them has been pretty limited.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:16 AM

But from Indiana Jones movies to Capitol building raids, I've developed a good modern day hatred.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jan 15, 2021, 10:30 AM

Constantly in BFE? Whose dinner table? Do you ask these haters if they are preachers? Otherwise, how do you know what their vocation is? Is one of the individuals your pastor if you have one?

I'm not doubting that there may be a pastor here and there who may be guilty of what you accuse them of, but I don't live in BFE and I haven't heard even one similar sentiment from a known preacher. I guess my preacher radar is not as acute as yours as I can't spot them unless they're sporting a collar.

I do agree that you can't truly love God and hate anyone. Do you hate preachers?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally know many of the preachers in my small town

Jan 15, 2021, 10:51 AM

also friends with them on facebook. Many have shared posts about democrats being evil and talking about how much they hate democrats.

What spurned the post on t-net was listening to a preacher at the Mexican restaurant last night go into a tirade about how much he hates democrats and how they are all going to hell. Everybody in the restaurant had to listen to that bull ####.

And hate preachers? No. But I wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw him (and around here wouldn't be far. Apparently they haven't read the part about gluttony).

I rank preachers a little higher than used car salesmen.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Re: I personally know many of the preachers in my small town

Jan 15, 2021, 10:55 AM

Why didn't someone tell the preacher to sit down and shut up ?

Probably didn't want to get labeled a democrat

Jan 15, 2021, 10:58 AM

Shrugging GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And he was sitting down. He was just talking extremely loud

Re: Probably didn't want to get labeled a democrat

Jan 15, 2021, 8:10 PM

I might have introduced myself as a Democrat and ask him if he thought I was evil.

Then I would have asked him this question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDXYzUlv0S8&ab_channel=Captain2Clip

Re: I personally know many of the preachers in my small town

Jan 15, 2021, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I personally know many of the preachers in my small town ]

So why are you friends with people who "hate" and think "evil" of those who share you political views? Do you not trust all preachers or just the ones you describe as friends?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm facebook buddies with a lot of people

Jan 15, 2021, 11:07 AM

who have many different view points.

But I especially like following the Q folks and junkies. They provide me with endless entertainment.

I don't trust preachers. Life experiences has taught me that.

Re: I'm facebook buddies with a lot of people

Jan 15, 2021, 11:10 AM

Do you mistrust preachers because they are preachers? Serious question, not looking for an argument but what is it specifically about preachers which makes you mistrust them? (By "mistrust" I assume you mean they are dishonest)

Oh I'm completely aware that I am taking

Jan 15, 2021, 11:11 AM

a handful of incidences and applying it to the group.

But it has served me well so far.

Kind of like when you get screwed over by a few mechanics. You become hyper aware of everything when dealing with mechanics from then on.

Re: Oh I'm completely aware that I am taking

Jan 15, 2021, 11:17 AM

If you are, as you say, taking a few instances and applying it to everyone, it doesn't seem like it's serving you well. Is it your experience that preachers (plural) have mislead you?

Mislead is an understatement***

Jan 15, 2021, 11:33 AM

I will also add that some of the worse people I've ever met sit in pews and on deacon boards

Jan 15, 2021, 11:22 AM

I think you owe it to your Facebook "friend" preachers to express your sentiments on Facebook. I'm not sure why you want to follow people spewing hate or why you would want to make your OP here. You're preaching to the choir here as I agree you can't truly love God and have hate in your heart.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 11:36 AM

Man makes me hate man, God keeps me from killing them.

Replies: 20
| visibility 529
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic