Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet represent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet represent

Dec 10, 2012, 12:02 PM

the worst 10% of our entire fan-base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd up that number.***

Dec 10, 2012, 12:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was trying to be nice... but you're probably right.***

Dec 10, 2012, 12:05 PM

I think you are

Dec 10, 2012, 8:56 PM [ in reply to I'd up that number.*** ]

on to something there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not taking into account the scarolina trolls***

Dec 10, 2012, 12:05 PM

i'm not convinced 50% represent people who actually

Dec 10, 2012, 12:18 PM

graduated from Clemson, and if they do I may as well shred my degree because the level of stupid is pretty high.

Re: I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet represent

Dec 10, 2012, 12:22 PM

That you Dabo?

Sorry that we got on the devil's playground again.

I can guarantee

Dec 10, 2012, 12:24 PM

50% don't represent grads. I'm one, and have a near impossible time finding one that spews their dis-satisfaction with the program that is. It seems all of those types can count their level if education on their fingers.

Boston College is a predominately grad fan base........

Dec 10, 2012, 1:20 PM

Is that what you want Clemson to be? You seem to be looking down on those that for whatever reason failed to get their sheepskin from Clemson...please elaborate

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Dec 10, 2012, 12:26 PM

I hope so. The email messages and comments I got on my blog from Clemson fans from this site were awful. All because someone from this site linked to something I wrote. Vulgar language, gay sexual innuendo jokes etc etc. It was awful. Luckily my wife's uncle is a Clemson fan and truly is a great guy so I know they are out there. We have fun and talk trash to each other but it is more to make each other laugh

aww, poor baby.

Dec 10, 2012, 12:30 PM

you being a #### lover and posting stuff like:

"Personally, I hate the Tarheels. I hate them almost as much as I hate Clemson."

will get you the response you expect. and then you act all shocked and offended. jeez.

I'm a two-time Clemson grad in Engineering. I love Clemson and can't stand douchey skidmarks like you. Fair enough?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Here's a suggestion

Dec 10, 2012, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet represent ]

if you don't like it on Tigernet---leave. No one here will give it another thought....and I'll bet your "good-guy wife's uncle" won't give a crap either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of my friends from scar are reasonable people too...

Dec 10, 2012, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet represent ]

unlike the 2 guys sitting behind me 2 weeks ago, who were intolerable in the last 5 minutes of the game. Almost every college fan base has uneducated, irrational jerks & morons that attach themselves to the school. Actually attending or graduating from the school doesn't seem to matter...

I still don't understand where one derives so much passion for a college athletics program without having ever been an accepted member of that institution...

I love Clemson because I am a part of Clemson, as was my grandfather (class of '34), two uncles, and a brother. I have a pride for my university that runs far deeper than any sport affiliated with my university. It is embarrassing to see people dishonor that institution with some of the ignorant crap they say on these boards.

Dec 10, 2012, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet represent ]

Be careful, respectful, and thoughtful, about what you write, peskypole.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet 50% wouldn't speak up if...

Dec 10, 2012, 12:36 PM

Mangus urinated on their shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet that 75% of tnet posters know

Dec 10, 2012, 12:37 PM

that 85% of all stats are made up

can we get a list of what makes the worst fans?

Dec 10, 2012, 12:51 PM

it could be helpful for someone on the cusp of the 10% that wants to make a move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^***

Dec 10, 2012, 1:01 PM

Re: ^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^***

Dec 10, 2012, 1:19 PM

shut up tranny

null

Agreed....

Dec 10, 2012, 1:17 PM [ in reply to can we get a list of what makes the worst fans? ]

I would most definitely like to hear the criteria that distinguished the "good" fans from the "bad" fans.

This actually might be entertaining.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

that's funny right there.

Dec 10, 2012, 9:03 PM [ in reply to can we get a list of what makes the worst fans? ]

point

Dec 10, 2012, 1:18 PM

I have also noticed that about 90% of the members (?) are not financial donors to the folks that are running a great site about Tiger Sports. I wonder why that is? I am a new member just making a casual observation!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easily. None of the group I tailgate with are on TNet - when

Dec 10, 2012, 1:33 PM

I tell them the stuff that folks are complaining about - they are always amused.

That's why it annoys me that the mainstream media has started using message boards as a way to gage the general attitude of a fanbase.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too. The regular fans are much smarter and aren't

Dec 10, 2012, 2:15 PM

such sunshine pumpers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2012, 8:51 PM

You are correct

Re: Saw a good on the other day

Dec 10, 2012, 8:54 PM

If all you want to be is good enough, then good enough is all you'll ever be.

Sounds like pumpers to me!!

I'm convinced that 50% of the people on tigernet

Dec 10, 2012, 9:04 PM

take it WAY too serious....

And I've always maintained that the anonymity afforded

Dec 11, 2012, 7:50 AM

by TigerNet emboldens otherwise cautious folks to bodacious statements, predictions, denunciations and posture that quite often amazes everyone. It isn't a matter of whether or not someone is a Clemson grad, for there are thousands of non-grads who are truly dedicated, loyal and financially supportive of the university and its programs, and I am thankful for them. The important point is that, hopefully, ideas can be discussed civilly with some type of general consensus as to what is best for Clemson, and that those thoughts may be conveyed to those in charge. Of course, that is probably wishful thinking; however, we have to remember that all Clemson loyalists should be able to express their opinions, free from recrimination, for that is in of itself the purpose of the site.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're welcome and hap, hap, happy tuesday to you sir.***

Dec 11, 2012, 7:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning, my good Friend...Hope you successfully

Dec 11, 2012, 7:56 AM

avoid GWP today...although, I hear he's a pretty good, ole boy. However, that CUTigerDave...careful, he'll zap you with one of his mighty gifs or the such in a skinny minute (he's a good, ole boy, too, I know.) lol

yeah, they're both ok if circus performers don't scare you.***

Dec 11, 2012, 8:02 AM

Daring acrobats in the high wire act known as

Dec 11, 2012, 8:18 AM

TigerNet, I would suggest! Then, there are the clowns, which normally I consider my stupid, old pathetic self to be among! lol

oh no, you're much more of a lion tamer.***

Dec 11, 2012, 8:23 AM

Re: And I've always maintained that the anonymity afforded

Dec 11, 2012, 8:04 AM [ in reply to And I've always maintained that the anonymity afforded ]

Hartins -

Those are good points, but I would contend that football first universities have an unusually large number of fans that never attended a class at the school/team they so passionately follow. These fans have different motivations typically than an alum of the school.

While the support from these fans, financially and emotionally, is good to have, these non-alum fans are only concerned with winning (typically), and this leads to the short-sighted, knee-jerk reactions that many on this site exhibit. Those with more invested in the Universtity than just wanting a winning football team tend to be more thoughtful about the bigger picture and the University as whole.

Good morning, SM...Of course, those who are graduates

Dec 11, 2012, 8:15 AM

may be more interested in more of the university's programs; however, over the past nearly 50 years since my freshman year, I have met quite a large number of non-grads, who are just as dedicated. Then again, I've, also, known many grads who live and breath only Clemson football. My point is that it takes all types of fans, grads or not, to support the university. I suppose, also, that most all of us are guilty of knee-jerk reactions from time-to-time, especially when our football program is involved. And I tend to think that most universities experience the same.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic