Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need a drinking expert. What is the term for the period of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 368

Need a drinking expert. What is the term for the period of

Sep 19, 2018, 3:40 PM

time one must wait for the ice to melt and mellow a straight pour whiskey on the rocks? There's a period of time when the ice is melting and one must wait to get the slightest edge off the drink and then start. Halfway through you hit that perfect balance of dilution for optimal taste and smoothness. Then towards the end it gets watered down.

But there must be a name for that initial wait (5-10 mins). What say ye lunge? Is there such a word? If not, I'll make one up tonight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know.

Sep 19, 2018, 3:49 PM

I haven't and won't drink whiskey that isn't sipping whiskey and I've never seen whiskey I wouldn't sip.

I like it cold so I drop the bottle in a bucket of ice and dump salt on the ice. I can chill it to perfection in five minutes, add a little ice to the bucket and keep it there until me or the whiskey is done for the day.

Yes, I'm a reformed professional drunk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know either.

Sep 19, 2018, 3:51 PM

I use an IV.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I were as smart as you...

Sep 19, 2018, 4:18 PM

I'd be dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did the same, but the track marks were bothering the

Sep 19, 2018, 5:36 PM [ in reply to I don't know either. ]

wife.

The next best way involves stripping naked, doing a handstand, and having an neighbor help you get the bottle positioned. That's all I'm going to say about that.

The plus side, is that you can buy the bottom shelf stuff, because you don't even taste it!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Pretty sure the professional Whisky drinkers don't use

Sep 19, 2018, 3:51 PM

ice, but I'm with you. 3 cubes of ice, 3 fingers of brown liquor, swirl around with dink, then drink but the first sip kicks your ####.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im assuming

Sep 19, 2018, 3:53 PM

Its the same time you require to go get a tampon from the bathroom because real men don't need ice in their bourbon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

didn't you get a pedicure recently?***

Sep 19, 2018, 3:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP rulez***

Sep 19, 2018, 3:57 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since when is taking care of yourself not manly?

Sep 19, 2018, 3:57 PM [ in reply to didn't you get a pedicure recently?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^not old enough to get his period yet***

Sep 19, 2018, 4:19 PM

Ice?

Sep 19, 2018, 3:56 PM

Str8 pour hommie

If you're adding water, switch to something else.

this article calls it "chilling"

Sep 19, 2018, 4:06 PM

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/features/9247/on-the-rocks-drinking-whisky-with-ice/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll admit, scotch is a different breed.

Sep 19, 2018, 4:16 PM

Always drink that straight. Of course I'm not a big scotch drinker, but every year or so I get a nice bottle for special occasions.

Tequila is the same way. Cuervo Gold is only mixed. Only other tequila I buy is Don Julio Anejo. Sip that straight with a tall shot glass of sangrita (with a salted rim).

For some reason I've never had a whiskey that didn't require just a little dilution to be smooth. I've had all flavors of Pappy, and it's harsh. Eagle Rare is my favorite, but still add ice. Basil Hayden is probably the smoothest whiskey I drink, but to me it tastes like scotch anyway.

To date the smoothest liquor I've ever tasted was a tequila, when I was in Mexico. Drank it straight and it was as smooth as silk the first sip. I have a feeling a MacAllan 30 would probably be similar, just never had beyond the 18.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll admit, scotch is a different breed.

Sep 19, 2018, 4:33 PM

Re: I'll admit, scotch is a different breed.

Sep 19, 2018, 4:42 PM

If you mixed the left and the right half and half, and then gave me the Basil Hayden, I'd probably not know the difference.

What whiskey/bourbon are you drinking?

Sep 19, 2018, 4:57 PM [ in reply to I'll admit, scotch is a different breed. ]

Is it high proof? Whats your go to?

Basil Hayden and Eagle Rare are my favorites

Sep 19, 2018, 5:00 PM

Really, the Basil Hayden is smoother, but @ $30 a bottle the Eagle Rare is hard to beat in the bang for the buck category.

Agree with the analysis

Sep 19, 2018, 5:02 PM

But those are low on the proof. Do you just preferred the chilled taste or do you find the harshness of the bourbon to be the issue?

Harshness. Gerd is a mutha......***

Sep 19, 2018, 5:36 PM

Jose Cuervo de la Familia is that smooth

Sep 19, 2018, 7:30 PM [ in reply to I'll admit, scotch is a different breed. ]

I prefer Don Julio Anejo also but Familia is unreal straight.
Try it if you see it

@Tiggity®

Re: Need a drinking expert. What is the term for the period of

Sep 19, 2018, 4:55 PM

Take the shot and shut the fuvk up. Stop making girlie drinks and drink like a man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Foreplay.***

Sep 19, 2018, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just woke up and if the position is still available...

Sep 19, 2018, 7:18 PM

I’d like to apply.

Replies: 23
| visibility 368
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic