Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Catcher got KO'd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 332

Catcher got KO'd

Jul 8, 2019, 3:59 PM

That was a lick there. Ouch.

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1147992060563034112

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27147799/lucroy-concussed-breaks-nose-collision

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's targeting

Jul 8, 2019, 4:11 PM

should be out 4.5 innings for the next game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Absolute bul!sh!t

Jul 8, 2019, 4:16 PM

I hate this crap. That's not baseball. That effer Pete Rose started it and they have just let it continue to happen. Need to do something about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

They implemented a rule, and it almost never happens now.***

Jul 8, 2019, 5:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happened to me playing summer ball in HS. Guy

Jul 8, 2019, 4:27 PM

ran me the f u g g over, knocked both of us loopy. Me, being the tough guy teenager, I was...shake it off, tell the ump I'm ahhite, let's play ball. Next pitch, I didn't get my mitt anywhere near the ball, hits me square in the mask.....down goes Old Slac again. Apparently, they sat me up, got my chest guard off, I'd already taken the mask off, gave me the how many fingers am I holding up routine...reportedly, I said something like "blue". Got me over to the dugout. One of my teammates old man was a doc looked me over and got me a ride home. I didn't remember diddly squat about any of it until the next day, it was like 12 hours of my life just vanished. Picked up a short term nickname of "Duwhat?" because apparently thats about all I said when they were checkin' me over and askin' me questions on the bench.

Same here, broken jaw and severe concussion. I played......

Jul 8, 2019, 4:42 PM

one more game for revenge on the bastage. Then I was done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only other time I got really whopped behind the plate

Jul 8, 2019, 5:23 PM

was by a batter. My pitcher had a nasty curve (nasty for HS) and this dude was kinda set up in the back of the box. Anyway, he takes a massive cut at this curveball that's just hangin and hangin and hangin...misses the ball by a mile, swings so hard it kinda corkscrews him around. Bat got me in the back of the head on his follow through. I just kinda fell over, stayed still for a moment...gotta have that brief moment of stillness so the brain can do a quick diagnostic to make sure nothing is really effed up. Batter says, "Oh shid, you alright". I blinked a couple a times, told him " that fuggin' hurt." batter helped me up. In the ruckus, ump didn't make the call...so we're all standing there like we're waiting on a train or something, til I look at the ump and remind him, "He's out". Ump gives him a nod and a baby thumb...kinda funny.

Re: Only other time I got really whopped behind the plate

Jul 8, 2019, 5:41 PM

I'd wear a batters helmet backward to catch. protect your neck from that type long follow through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why MLB implemented the Buster Posey rule

Jul 8, 2019, 5:45 PM

This gif shows that Marisnick was intentional and deliberate in his action. This should be a suspension.

https://twitter.com/atf13atf/status/1147993962243923974

From Wikipedia:
Informally known as the "Buster Posey Rule," some highlights of rule 7.13 include: A runner may not run out of a direct line to the plate in order to initiate contact with the catcher, or any player, covering the plate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

He was correctly called out, per the rule...

Jul 8, 2019, 5:54 PM

But I don't know about the suspension. I honestly don't think the intent was there. I think he, clumsily, guessed wrong on which way Lucroy was going to step, and then had no time to stop. He did this little juke move, the kind you would do if trying to avoid someone.

I'll temper "deliberate and intentional" with...

Jul 8, 2019, 6:02 PM

..."slow motion makes it look so" and remind myself that both the gifs are sub-seconds in real time, slowed down to a 2-3 second loop.

I could see where maybe he guessed wrong and the half-leap back toward the plate/baseline was when he realized that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

I agree, if you read his explanation and go back and watch

Jul 9, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to He was correctly called out, per the rule... ]

it, you can see what he is talking about. He said Lucroy made a step back and kinda twisted his body so he thought Lucroy was going to the outside of the basepath. You can see that in the replay and that is when he moves from outside the basepath to the inside... where Lucroy stayed. I think it was an honest mistake. I think the out call was correctly made but I do not think there should be any suspension as I really do think it was unintentional... especially with the way he reacted right after it happened.

what? The puzzie buster rule?***

Jul 9, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to This is why MLB implemented the Buster Posey rule ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His next time up, they should throw behind his head.***

Jul 9, 2019, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 332
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic