Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know what is absolutely overpriced these days?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 629

You know what is absolutely overpriced these days?

Oct 13, 2020, 11:41 AM

golf carts.

3-5k for a decent one.

Hell an old one with a dump bed is 1500.

What the ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I sold mine last year for $3500

Oct 13, 2020, 11:47 AM

Prob was gonna need batteries in a few months though. I think I paid $4400 for it in 2017 from Garretts. It was an off lease that looked like brand new. Might try there if you want battery powered. I'm going to get another one; been checking Cl for a gas one, nothing yet.

There is a place in Pawleys that has 2020 gas EZ Go carts (they have fuel injection FTW) for $8k.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

neighbor has a gas one. Very loud.

Oct 13, 2020, 11:51 AM

But I grew up working on B&S 5hp go cart motors. How different could a golf cart one be?

Put the 4hp head on, bullet cam, tigged lifters and be flying down the road to the waffle house.

Now that I think about it, I got a couple of B&S 5 hp motors somewhere. I wonder if I could retrofit an old electric one with bad batteries with one of the motors?

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it will be loud as #### and smell like ###

Oct 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

I don't want either in a GC.

Re: neighbor has a gas one. Very loud.

Oct 13, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to neighbor has a gas one. Very loud. ]

ryanadidas® you're the redneck engineer of the board. Would the above be possible?

I'll point you to Philippians 4:13...

Oct 14, 2020, 7:13 AM

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

But since you're a non-believer, maybe you should consider this verse from the letter of Keith Stone to the people of Golden, Colorado. Keystone 3:16:

"With enough beer, all things are possible."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Wait..."tigged" lifters? WTH is that?***

Oct 13, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to neighbor has a gas one. Very loud. ]

extended lifters. You have to line it up perfect and tig

Oct 13, 2020, 11:58 AM

it.

Take two sets of lifters, cut half of the stem off of one set, tig it on the other set. Now the valves go higher, 4HP head gives it more gas, more compression, more power

Tim The Toolman More Power GIFs | Tenor

I guess buying already modified lifters is completely out of

Oct 13, 2020, 12:01 PM

the question.

I can only imagine what you have done to your truck.

Mine isn't that loud, I think it's got a 13hp Kawasaki***

Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to neighbor has a gas one. Very loud. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe yours isn't loud, but replace your 13hp kawasaki with

Oct 14, 2020, 8:04 AM

a 5hp briggs and stratton that sat around for 3 decades and then was re-worked by someone who can't even handle basic household projects....

holes busted in the muffler with a screwdriver and claw hammer to open up the exhaust
air filter removed for max air flow

valves adjusted with complete disregard to proper spec.

some sort of chain drive that was stolen off of a single row planter or some such farm equipment.

some sort of battery draining rigged up radio blasting bro-country at full volume from flea market speaker(s).

Re: Maybe yours isn't loud, but replace your 13hp kawasaki with

Oct 14, 2020, 9:22 AM

The world's fastest golf cart goes 119 MPH | For The Win

"I got a couple of B&S 5 hp motors somewhere"

Oct 13, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to neighbor has a gas one. Very loud. ]

Friend, of this there was never any doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the motor's is actually my great uncle's

Oct 13, 2020, 12:22 PM

who let me borrow it 18 years ago.

He's dead now so I don't think he will want it back.

That's a nice parting gift.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:31 PM

Not every man has a legacy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know why? People like you who don't need them

Oct 13, 2020, 11:49 AM

looking to buy one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know why? People like you who don't need them

Oct 13, 2020, 12:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know why? People like you who don't need them

Oct 13, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to You know why? People like you who don't need them ]

Do people really think they look cool driving golf carts

Oct 13, 2020, 12:50 PM

around the 'hood? Isn't a golf cart a white trash status symbol?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should be embraced, most of suburbia doesn't

Oct 13, 2020, 1:21 PM

really go more than 5-10 miles away from home, why not utilize a golf cart for that kind of lifestyle?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If everybody else gets on board with this, then I'll

Oct 13, 2020, 1:24 PM

become more agreeable. Right now though, they are just in the way the same way bicycles and and mopeds are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only see people use them to circle the 'hood.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to They should be embraced, most of suburbia doesn't ]

It's like walking for lazy people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We use them to get down to our boats

Oct 13, 2020, 2:53 PM

They are fun to drink beer and ride around on, though.

Your dock isn't in your backyard?

Oct 14, 2020, 7:09 AM

No, we poors have interior lots and have to drive about half

Oct 14, 2020, 9:22 AM

a mile down to the dock. It's not a glamorous lifestyle, but we make do with what we have.

Excuse me, sir.

Oct 15, 2020, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Do people really think they look cool driving golf carts ]

But I know I look like a pathetic bad ### in mine.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

All the “cool” people in my neighborhood have one.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:13 PM

I have looked them up as well and not willing to drop 4K on a used one for my kids to drive to the pool in the summer. Several people have the Clemson orange and purple ones, those must cost a lot. #### east side of Gville.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really shocked that we don't hear more stories of kids

Oct 13, 2020, 3:58 PM

getting ran over because they did something stupid in the golf cart. I only see kids doing stupid stuff when driving them.

I have both been run over by one, and run someone over

Oct 13, 2020, 4:08 PM

I also rolled one with two of my friends in it once. The beauty is that they're so light they don't really hurt you. I ran over my own foot pulling mine out of the garage earlier this year, no problem.

They are the answer to suburbia traffic congestion, we just need to get people on board with it.

Lbum, seen that new GC store on 85 down past Powdersville Rd

Oct 13, 2020, 4:17 PM

? They put a chit load $$$ in that place....

Hail yeah they did, that facility is nice AF

Oct 13, 2020, 4:30 PM

No signs of activity yet, though. I do know a guy who had those guys build him a golf cart....over 50mph electric. It's impressive.

That Piedmont/Pelzer area will be unrecognizable in 5-6 years. Hoping we're going to be relocating down that way soon.

I’m hoping Six Mile stays nice & quiet

Oct 13, 2020, 9:27 PM

Lakebum1®

Have you seen the people who drive them?

Oct 14, 2020, 9:19 AM

You know, the people who live in a tiny neighborhood, with a community pool, and they use it to drive their kids and crap back and forth to the pool maybe 10 times a year when they have a perfectly good minivan in the garage, heaven forbid they walk and carry their ####. Or the old people also in a tiny neighborhood, who use it to drive to their friend's house 5 houses down the street for bridge night or bingo.

BOTH types of people are EXTREMELY easy to separate money from. And they ruin it for guys like us who just won't play their game. Jet skis is another. Lord they're expensive. ATV's, same.

And I'm not talking about people who live in the country. Nope. City slickers. Suburban soccer mom's.

If I lived in BFE like you, I'd invest in a mule-type vehicle. THAT is something I'd buy, if I didn't live in a neighborhood where evidently over-priced golf carts are the norm. But I walk our kids to the pool. Wife drives them in the minivan. But as long as I'm kicking, and not paralyzed or 80 years old, I'm walking to the pool, carrying a cooler of beer, and ONE kids toy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jet skis are the buzzing gnat of the water sports world

Oct 14, 2020, 10:53 AM

Annoying, and targets to be swatted away.

When they start that flying around me in circles to jump over my wake, I just slow down to idle speed. They normally quickly leave.

Has Mt. P let you out of golf cart jail yet?***

Oct 15, 2020, 8:21 AM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: You know what is absolutely overpriced these days?

Apr 13, 2014, 11:54 PM

Guilty. We spent too much on a custom Clemson one over the summer.

The people we bought it from had just made a $13k one for someone in Mt. Pleasant! And they paid with a credit card, so they had to charge em the 9.5 percent tax on it.

Replies: 35
| visibility 629
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic